iPad bounce on/westward/chuck the ball opinions?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Stykman, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    Im thinkin of buying these games
    Someone have opinions on i they are worth buying

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Bounce On is really fun. If you want my full thoughts on the game, you can check out my review here: http://www.technobrains.com/?p=1857 I would grab it now, though, as the price will go up each time they add a world, and they are working on world 3 right now.

I have not played the other two. I did play Westward for a little bit on my Pocket PC, and it seemed like a pretty good game. It was a nice change of pace from most RTS games. I also think I read somewhere on this forum that the iPhone version was even better.

3. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I have all three, and I think they are all great buys! if you can buy all three if not put them on your list ;)

4. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    'Chuck the Ball' and 'Bounce On' both have Lite versions. Westward does not. I have the Lite versions of the two and have bought Westward. I highly recommend checking out the Lite versions. All three of these games are different styles.

Westward is quite enjoyable. It's sort of managing the life of a town in real-time. You need to farm, mine, hire sheriffs and more, all with a storyline.

I have enjoyed the lite version of 'Chuck the Ball' and may eventually buy it. It's an interesting puzzle game and my youngest seems to like it as well.

5. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I enjoyed the lite version of Chuck the Ball. Bounce on is also really fun. I kind of avoided Westward because Warfare Inc. fills my RTS need. I heard it's god though.

6. mitrezom

mitrezom Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Chuck's in the process of being updated with way more easy levels and user submitted levels (from this very forum) :)

You can also listen to your own music now.... which wasn't requested by users, but hell, I had to have it.

More info here:
    http://makeshiftgames.com/2009/02/11/chuck-update-coming-soon/

Edit - already submitted to apple - should be through in a few days. Feel free to buy now though ;)