iPad Bounce On is Out

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ericxd, Dec 21, 2008.

1. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    #1 ericxd, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2008
  2. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    I saw it and considered starting a thread like this. Please let me know if anyone tries it! I love games like this and especially cute ones.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Is that the game that was on the blog a few days ago where you... eh, bounce through all the levels... I think?

4. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

LOOKS JUST LIKE ROLANDO or is it just me. With fewer levels and worse graphics..

5. jonaswills

jonaswills Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Colorado
    #5 jonaswills, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
    Hey all, check out the youtube video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vODX-J0Jp9M

We also decided to give away 10 free copies to the first people that pm me, we only ask that you give us your feedback through these forums.

Hope you like it!

EDIT: We are out of codes

6. Lehman310

Lehman310 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I like this game a lot, it reminds me of Super Mario Bros. 3

7. brewstermax

Thanks for the code. I'm syncing to install right now.

8. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    i wish itunes policy changes and that itunes around the world are able to use promo codes
    OR at least canada cause thats where im from ;)

9. jonaswills

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Colorado
    Thanks everyone, I'm out of promo codes but congrats to everyone who got one and if not we hope you check it out.

10. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Bounce On

Just played the first 3 levels. I'm quite impressed. The only thing that bothers me right now is the physics. The ball seems to float, and abide gravity.

11. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Oh, dang. I sent a PM and now just realized the promo codes are gone. I never get lucky :(

12. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    #12 SydneyS, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
    Okay, I've played through the first few levels and so far this is what I think:

The music is a good fit and sound effects are well implimented. The graphics are simple but not overly impressive to be honest. Gameplay is fun, with some (limited) replayability to get within the time limits. Overall, very cute and I can see myself playing this frequently. If you enjoy this sort of game, I'd say buy it.

Edit: I've played it some more and have some more comments to make. The way you move level to level is clever. I enjoy tilting my iPod to move on. I also love the wiffle ball powerup. One thing I don't like is how hard it is to get gold. I've been missing the gold by lot of seconds on third or fourth playthroughs of a level. It's super hard. And I have yet to recieve a gold. Anyone else having this problem? I think I'm playing in medium mode. Maybe that's why.

13. TheGhostRider

TheGhostRider Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Ok, first impressions (played the first 3 levels):

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Like someone said before, it reminded me of Super Mario Bros 3. So far, only have gotten one upgrade (paints the ball like a soccer ball, and you jump higher).
    Also, the way you end the level is cool (by shooting yourself with a cannon :D ).
    Graphics are nice, it looks like you are in a cartoon.

I'll keep updating here while I continue playing.

14. brewstermax

I'm sorry, but haven't had a chance to play. I've been doing the only shopping I can stand and have tons of new apps. I'll get around to it.

EDIT: I played for a minute and thought Hello Mario. The blocks are the same and the graphics are the same. It looks pretty good though.

15. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    I just played through the first 3 levels too. Nicely done. Gameplay is smooth and I'm assuming the difficulty will ratchet up as you play more levels. I actually like how the ball sort of floats a little bit. Not everygame has to have realistic physics. Aren't I supposed to have fun too?

16. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    ok so I've played about 7 boards and I definitely think Mario Bros. when I play this...it has alot of the same fun elements and same look...boucing on heads of enemies to get rid of them, as well as the blocks,mushrooms, cannons etc...it's a side scrolling type of game..I enjoyed the game and it definitely gets harder as you progress. It's fun to float along and the longer you hold down the screen the higher you float...I love the 2d/3d look of the levels and vibrant colors. The gameplay and movement is spot on and you can get power ups such as high jump and invincible (I've only played 7 boards) however, I do wish the backgrounds would have changed with every board though but all in all a very polished looking and fun game and if you like this sort of game you'll like Bounce On.

17. jonaswills

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Colorado
    Glad everyone is liking it!

The gold medals are 100% possible, but they are *hard* Good luck!

18. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Oh snap. I actually did get a promo code. Thank you! ... I feel sorry for that guy in Canada though. Anyways, downloading now. Thanks again. I'll post my impressions in a little while.

19. C.S.J

C.S.J Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    hey, im thinking of buying this.

because i buy sooo many, ive capped my spending to £2.99/$5 apps, and this is in the price range and the video looks quite good.

20. Zander951

Zander951 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008