Bounce On 2: Drallo's Demise (by Team Phobic)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Mar 28, 2010.

1. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Is it finding the gems that is causing trouble? If so you'll note one to the left when you fall down and try to miss the spike. Then follow the name of the level.

2. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Yep, that was it...wow, I can't believe I missed that. Thanks....now back to the fireballs.

3. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    You got complacent with the fact that they pretty much totally ditched secrets in BO2. There were crazy numbers of them in BO1 because of the lives system - even playing through for the ...th time I keep finding new ones. Other than for the TP coins there's not much motivation for secrets in 2 I guess.

GL :).

4. galaxygrrl

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    #164 galaxygrrl, Apr 18, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
    You were right about this. I did not realize you could see the TP coin on a key that you could not get to it. Thanks!

You know that is what I think is so amazing about BO1. Whenever go back to play it, I find something new. I played the Egyptian level so many times because there was so much stuff to find.

I love the hidden area with the 3 secret lives on level 4-7 and the secret passage with the 3 secret lives on 4-11. But you know, at the beginning of 4-11 there are 3 lives when you jump up, but I never figured out how to get them. Did you? I gave up, but I'd love to know how. My favorite level on this world is actual 4-14. I just liked the way it kept going and going. And it was not to hard and not too easy. And there a bunch of secret lives to find.

Because Golden Boy liked BO1 world one so much I went back to play that too and there are a bunch of secrets on that level too that I did not find at first.

This made me go to back and play those egyptian levels again. A nice break from the fireballs. :)

It was nice to have some time over the past few days to play this game.

Now I want BO3. :)

@jonaswillis If you are doing a BO3 (which we all hope you do :D) I sure hope you let a couple of us be a focus group. I bet a few of us have lots of opinions about what we liked about BO1 and BO2. ;)

5. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    I only found that out after spending ages on Short Hops / Up and Down trying to time the jump right when I could see the coin, and then being told on here by jonas that you had to be on Perilous Gems on that level to get it ><, mean devs lol :).

6. num4n80

num4n80 Member

Apr 10, 2010
    looks sweet, i got the first one a while ago still deciding for this 0.o but looks way awesome

7. galaxygrrl

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Once I figured this out, there were about 3 or 4 coins I had been trying to figure out and went back and got.

Did you ever figure out how to get those extra lives on 4-11 BO1? If not, Jonas....ante up please. :)

8. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Never really noticed those I guess, but I just had a go. When you get up the top there is a right arrow, and at that point it is easy enough to jump left over the top and go all the way back to the start then just fall down to those 3.

They should have made an achievement for getting every secret life or something ... if they even know how many there are :).

9. galaxygrrl

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    thx! :)

Yep, you should get the speed ball for the whole game if you get all the extra lives. :D

10. galaxygrrl

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Wow that was a pretty easy solution for those three lives. There are 9 extra lives on that level. So cool.

Did you see the new iphone on macrumors? It's 80 GB. yay!

11. BounceOn2Help

BounceOn2Help New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    TP icon help: 1-15 and 2-11?

Wow, you guys are way ahead of me on this great game. I'm trying to collect all of the TP icons in the first 2 worlds, but there are two I can't get: 1-15 (Teddy) and 2-11. Any pointers on where to look or what to do? Thanks.

12. galaxygrrl

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    On teddy, you need to make sure you have the parachute until close to the end.

Get all the way to the last star before you get to Teddy. You will need to go over two rope and wood bridges right before you get to that star. The TP coin is out of view on top of the second bridge. You need right after the second bridge you will find two floating stone bricks. You jump up to the second one, and then jump back using the parachute to get over to the TP coin.

Have not found 2-11 yet.

13. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    That was nice and thorough. I've just gone in to check 2-11. It's a bit harder when you have the coins and so can't see them :D. On Ventilation Corridor after you get to the save point and jump across the falling platforms, and just before the turbo arrows, try the ceiling.

14. galaxygrrl

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    This is so true. I don't remember where I got most of them. There needs to be a smiley face or something after you get one. ;)

15. BounceOn2Help

BounceOn2Help New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Thanks!

Thanks for those pointers. (I should have noticed them both, due to the different ceiling 'tiles' in 2-11, and the fact that all I had to do was to jump on the bridge in Teddy!)

16. galaxygrrl

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    It happens. There were totally things I missed that I should have gotten. :)

You know, I played some other platformers the other day, realize how much I love BO2. I was feeling kinda bummed about BO2 because I think my expections were that is was going to be all as good as the Egyptian world of BO1, and it did not feel like it, but then I when I played those other ones, I was like I BO2 rocks.

17. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    I bought Plushed after your recommendation and playing the lite version. It is quite fun in all its surrealness. The controls can be a bit of a pain though, and checkpoints are often too few and far between for how easy it can be to die. It also has issues with collision detection, playing more like an 80s platformer sometimes in that regard.

I haven't played BO2 in a while though, other than to find coins for you guys ;). Last I checked I had been removed from first place on about 40 of the levels I held it on; probably more by now. The price one pays for going hard at the start I suppose lol.

18. galaxygrrl

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Yah, Plushed's downfall is the controls, but the game is so cute. I just love the little bunny.

I haven't played BO2 in a while though, other than to find coins for you guys ;). Last I checked I had been removed from first place on about 40 of the levels I held it on; probably more by now. The price one pays for going hard at the start I suppose lol.[/QUOTE]

I wont even sign up for the leaderboards. Like I need another distraction. btw, think you asked Jonas for some help on a coin at one point;)

19. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Yeah I'm not trying to hide that :p. It was very mean to have it show up but not be possible to reach, like the issue you had with the other one.

You had a bit of a fail quote there btw.

20. galaxygrrl

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    touche :)