Bounce On 2: Drallo's Demise (by Team Phobic)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    Urhmm, I already got that achievement - me first :p

As for the Teddy Bear boss on world 1, I can greatly improve that time. I messed up twice during that lvl, so a perfect run by me would definitely crush that time.

I can't wait to crush 3-14 :cool:

Also, to add to your earlier comments about Bounce On gameplay compared to BO2. I think the are the same, I can not tell any difference - except BO1 Bounce rolls look more animated. Otherwise, everything seems the same to me. I was worried at first the BO2 would be totally different, but I was able to pick it up right away and feel right at home.

I really wish I had more time to play, lately work has been real busy. To much marketing for me, dreaming commercials is common now :(

2. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I meant first in context as in before the kill 100 achieves - have you got those? I'm still suspicious as to when the kills count.

Interesting re Teddy, my previous time was a perfect run, you must have a turbo version of the game :). I'll enjoy my week or so left on top of the BO2 world.

3. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Temptation might get the best of me. Looks really fun, but have yet to finish any of my other purchases yet, literally, every one of them :( haha xP

4. IUbball22

IUbball22 Active Member

Oct 23, 2009
    no, not that part. i was talking about the very end, i figured it out tho. beat it in 6 and a half minutes....now to try for 0 deaths!

5. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Right, okay, one of those occasions where 'the lava and all the arrows' just wasn't a specific enough description lol. Cool you beat me by 23 minutes, and that was my second clear. plus+ still has tpjeff at the top at 6:42.56 and then next best is 15:35.66 - it failed you?

6. IUbball22

IUbball22 Active Member

Oct 23, 2009
    dang, how to upload to plus?

7. IUbball22

IUbball22 Active Member

Oct 23, 2009
    welp nevermind, just did it...i'm on top yay!

8. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Awesome. I wonder how much better it can get! Definitely want to make sure you're recognised for that achievement lol :). I really need to improve on my 29 minutes for that level.

Just updated my spreadsheet ... total for best times to complete the whole game is now 1 hour 41 mins 4 secs. That's pretty crazy, 104 levels so just under 1 minute average per level, lol.

9. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    Rank #7 on 3-14 with 00:30:44, yay!!

10. IUbball22

IUbball22 Active Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Wonder no more...just got under 6 minutes. Where are the hard levels haha!

11. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Oh I still wonder. Clearly now it will go under 1 hour 40 total, but I doubt it will get under 1 hour 30 :).

3-14 and the 3-12 levels are as hard as it gets. You must now go for times on all levels; start toppling my empire of 90 best times!

12. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Well done! They haven't even filled out to 25 people finished 3-14 yet, it's a good club to be in lol :).

Plus+ is weird with the board for it though, if you scroll further down there are times that appear to be better, unless it is not recording correctly that they went over an hour. And why does plus+ have to be so slow most of the time?

13. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Well for my third run through 3-14 I got beyond that time before I even got out of the beginning of the second area, so I just gave up. I had died over 100 times just in the first area anyway lol - I just don't get any better at that early work with the spiky guys, spikes and arrows :(.

14. IUbball22

IUbball22 Active Member

Oct 23, 2009
    are you using touch or tilt controls? i find using touch makes it soooo much easier

15. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Yeah I decided to try touch controls back when I was struggling so much with 3-12. I agree it should make things a lot easier, but the layout of the controls makes it a bit of a pain - they should have taken a leaf out of Soosiz's book and spaced out the buttons a bit and put a dedicated jump button.

I find part of the problem is that the game doesn't reliably react to my tapping to jump, especially in busy areas like with the arrows and spikes and lava where the frame rate drops off a bit on my ageing iPhone 3g.

So to answer directly, I've been using tilt almost exclusively :).

16. IUbball22

IUbball22 Active Member

Oct 23, 2009
    down to 5:37 on 3-14. only died once...so pissed, died stupidly right before getting to the key. My goal is 5:30 without dying. May have to retire this time, don't think anyone will ever beat it.

17. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Idk what the hell happened but I played and it asked me to pick name & ball color then made me go thru the f-ing tutorial! Wierder, I pressed home after then re-entered, now perfectly normal w/ all my original progress... Still 5*s just some stupid harmless f-ing bug!

18. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    This seems to be something they have struggled with with the serverside storage of progress on plus+. When they first updated Bounce On 1 with plus+ it had a habit of completely resetting stored progress. That seems to have been fixed since but BO1 still takes ~30 seconds to load the saved data on every launch, and then crashes to home every few minutes during play - something they happily seem to have avoided in BO2!

So IUB you did manage 5:30, did you manage without dying? If so I think we just declare you the winner, here and now :).

19. IUbball22

IUbball22 Active Member

Oct 23, 2009
    No, I ended up dying once. I'm thinking if I don't die, I can cut that down to around 5:15...we'll see

20. IUbball22

IUbball22 Active Member

Oct 23, 2009
    YES i finally did it!!! 5:07 on 3-14 without dying, not even once! shall i be crowned champion of bounce on now or later?