Bounce On 2: Drallo's Demise (by Team Phobic)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Thakns for makin some wallpapers! Been wantin them 4frigginever!

2. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Nice wallpapers indeed, but I've never changed my iPhone's one from the default earth pic lol.

Meanwhile, just completed another 50 attempts at 3-12 The Third Tower. 5 times got to the 3rd obstacle of circling fireballs on an uphill slope that I still have no idea how to get past. 5 times died on the one just before that, and 40 times fell in the lava or jumped into the fireballs on the 1st obstacle ... yep just cos it's fun. I'm thinking it's time to try on-screen controls.

3. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    lol! I have not gotten there yet, I went back and got all the TP coins on World 1, since @Goldenboy got all of them, so I was like what the heck.

Yep, when this game gets hard, it gets hard.

@Jonas Can you post the sounds of the ninja power up and the fireball power up...they are so cute and I thought I would try them as my text message sound on my iPhone. I like my wallpaper too much to change it.

4. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Yes indeed, Ninja Chop-Chop ftw, if that is indeed what he says, though I do prefer ninja chup-chups.

Just finished the bonus level for 100 keys, 3-14 Impossible?, and in just under an hour, 57:45.59. Really nasty stuff in there and I can hardly believe I hung in there, and all for a lousy 50 plus+ points lol. Had to plug in to avoid losing it all to a dead battery, BO 1 & 2 still don't save state at all huh. Some of the gravity work in 3-14 is pretty painful.

And now I look at the achievements and ... there's one for completing that level without dying? You for real? I died ... I would say around 1000 times. And umm the leaderboards? tpjeff is down as 6:42.56 for Impossible? :eek: ... oh tp is teamphobic I guess, mebbe cheats? ;). And I went to try to compare achievements just in case he was down as having that one, but not even the plus+ system could cope with the idea of that, and promptly crashed, repeatedly, when I scrolled down to try to see it. But yeah, that achievement is just sick, and not at all in that new-fangled vernacular the kids use these days!

3-12 Third Tower definitely gets my vote for hardest regular level, clocked up almost 16 minutes on it, but after those first three obstacles it gets less ridiculously hard - in fact most of 3-12 is bad at the start then you reach a save point and that is a huge relief, and you can start mindlessly dying again for a while.

Well now it's 0:30 here and I think I've earned sleep. Back to the TP emblems tomorrow, 22 down, 21 to go. Cheers.

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    So jumping around and LOOKING for them is really fun and then you SEE THEM! YAY! Then the problem is how the HECK do I get up there... It's fun and I am not sure how to spend my time - making sure I collect coins keys etc before moving along or just moving along and getting the coins later! I feel like there will be a point where the coins will be able to wait when the levels get more difficult but for now it is fun getting them all!

6. Egoyan

Egoyan Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Beijing/Montréal
    I can't believe the only game I was actually impatiently waiting for was released the week that I'm completely broke.

Sometimes, I wonder if debt wouldn't be the way to go.

Anyway, I keep playing the Lite over and over again (yes, it's pretty sad, but that's how much I like platformers), and I just wanted to add to the love here and say, great game guys. And I don't just throw that around when it comes to my favorite genre.

I will buy it for sure as soon as my bank stops harassing me! Can't wait for that to happen..

7. jonaswills

jonaswills Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Washington
    Nice, glad you beat it :)

That time is from a member of Team Phobic, it's pretty crazy but that's how good you can get if you've spent the past 8 months developing the game :D

8. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    So that means BO3 in oh, eight months. :)

@MartiNZ wow, wish I had 60 hours to play the game. That sounds a lot more fun then my past 4 days. :)

9. mariano774

mariano774 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I've tried the lite version and the game is perfect, only thing that keeps me from buying it though is that I get the feeling that the ball is rahter a simple character in contrast with the great backgrounds, I mean is just a ball, you have to do a full stop just to see the eyes. IMO a character like in fury of the furries with eyes hands and legs would be so much better and would make it a must buy for me, any plans to do that or am I making nosense at all ??

10. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Very fun game from what i've played so far, definitely worth picking up for platforming fans.

How do you go back to a completed world to get the other keys though?

11. baldy9

baldy9 Member

Mar 29, 2010
    #92 baldy9, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
    I actually quite like the ball.

Just killed Drallo!!...and then it crashed to desktop :( and when i reloaded it didn't let me have the kill.
    On my second attempt my battery died...he must just not want to die :p

EDIT: Got a time of 4.55.75 :)

12. jonaswills

jonaswills Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Washington
    While in the level select hit menu and go to world select.

Ohh no! When did it crash? Right as you made the last hit or in one of the menus? Next time you sync your iPod if it asks if you would like to submit to Apple hit yes, we will get those crash logs to take a look.

13. baldy9

baldy9 Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Yes on the last hit before the story slides come up.

14. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    I didn't get a crash but then I didn't get the story slides either as I clicked Select Key rather than Continue just in case there was another one there - I really have issues with the options on that results screen.

@galaxygrrl: 60 minutes on Impossible? not 60 hours :p. Total playing time for 101 keys has been about umm ... 11:30pm-1am Sunday/Monday, 7pm-midnight Monday, 9pm-midnight Tuesday = 9.5 - 10 hours, and well spent at that :).

@jonaswills: seriously. So has Mr tpjeff managed the achievement to do Impossible? with no lives lost? As I said plus+ couldn't handle that idea, it caused a singularity (crash).

15. baldy9

baldy9 Member

Mar 29, 2010
    The level name is missing on the facebook and twitter for 3-13.

16. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    That is a bit odd. I'm just annoyed that those achievements will likely elude me as I neither facebook nor twitter. Maybe I can post to someone else's lol.

On my previous comments about time, I forgot mornings ... so maybe make it 20 hours all up by the time I get the last 10 TP emblems; 2-7 has me a bit stumped though, haven't even spotted the emblem yet :(.

17. Failboat103

Failboat103 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Sorry, too occupied to answer this question.
    On the island of oog
    just beat Drallo! Yayzorz!

18. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Grats, not so failboat now :)!

19. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Got all coins. Whether due to a couple of launches with no 'net connection or whatever, plus+ decided not to give me the 'all complete' achievement right away.

I went back to retry the boss levels for the other achievements and found that they still had 'no best time exists' in the game, whereas I certainly have times listed on plus+ ... and it turns out I can't get times listed in the game :(, any thoughts on that from the devs? I think I missed some story as well, because I usually pressed 'Select Key' rather than 'Continue' after killing the bosses.

The story bit after 3-14 Impossible? was pretty amusing though, at least :).

A couple of ideas/requests, some from earlier gathered here for completeness:
    • there are so many levels and the selection process can take quite some time - could we at least have a 'play random unlocked level' option from the main menu? I think that would mean more levels would get played when it comes to time challenges.
    •*the 'results' screen at the end of a key could be better - by default 'Continue' chucks you out to the level selection area, where surely the most desirable option would be to go for the next key in the level. A one-tap 'Replay Level' option would also be great for getting times, as would a 'strict play' option all told, to ignore save points.
    • some sort of overall 'score' in plus+ would be nice - Rolando styles. May actually have to settle for total time ... so maybe that's not such a great idea :). But again, there are just sooo many levels!
    • as mentioned by others, the ability to change ball graphic during play would be nice, no way am I starting again lol ... in fact I don't even see how.
    •*a way to view the 'story' clips would be nice, as I said I think I missed bits and it doesn't seem to want to show me again; by contrast, the instructions before boss fights don't need to show up every time.
    • something needs to be done to one or two of the level designers ;)....

Now I need to start working on some half-decent times. Cheers for the game.