Bounce On 2: Drallo's Demise (by Team Phobic)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Mar 28, 2010.

1. jonaswills

jonaswills Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Washington
    We might just have to quote this on the description, with your permission?

Thanks so much for such great words about our game, we really appreciate it(and that goes to everyone else who has been saying good things!)

2. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    The great thing about BO1 was that all you needed was tilt and touch to jump, with the one exception for bubble ball. Nothing more. I guess it benefitted by having worlds released progressively and introducing new power-ups, really draining the cup dry on each of them - which I prefer, and also applies in Rolando vs Rolando 2 as I keep coming back to.

Despite the fun had in the lite thread, the leaderboards are to me a distant second to having fun just finishing the levels. To sacrifice that for a number of people (hopefully not just me :D) to have someone being able to protect their times ahead of the field, seems a shame.

Further on comments about level difficulty: you're gonna love 3-12 then. The leaderboards show no scores on most of those levels yet, where almost all others have at least one or two scores from among the testers. I only tried 'The Third Tower' and I'm not surprised it has no scores yet :).

3. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

you bet jonas, it would be my pleasure.

4. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Totally agree with this. I was really worried it would be stale too. I found Rolando 2 pretty stale and the boss at the end rather lame, but this game just so rocks. You said it all. It is totally the Mario of the iDevice at this point and the powerups are just so awesome!

Totally worth the wait....don't you think? ;)

A super congrats to all of Team Phobic for a game very, very, very well done! The focus, discipline and creativity of your hard work totally comes through. I have no doubt this game will be a hit and is totally relevant in the App store and will be for some time to come.

I know I speak for all the die hard fans on this board and everywhere else when I say thank you so much for making a game, that will keep us all entertained for some time or at least until Bounce On 3 comes out ;). Oh and on that note, hoping to play this on the iPad. :D

Cheers,

Beth

5. IUbball22

IUbball22 Active Member

Oct 23, 2009
    are there any plans to add worlds like they did in the first one? i'm worried only three worlds may not be enough, not sure tho since i havent played it yet.

6. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Given that BO1 was released with only one world with only 17 levels, I think they've done a really good job here - there are ~ 15 levels in each of the three worlds, and a lot of those levels have 2, 3, or 4 keys (maybe more in some?) within them, which essentially means additional levels. With all that plus the TP emblems to find, I don't foresee a problem. I do find it interesting that they chose to release with the story finished this time though - as I said earlier, I think they learnt useful stuff by waiting to make further worlds in BO1.

Extra levels could also be added easily enough, I assume, to the existing worlds, while a whole new world could maybe start a new storyline for the eventual BO3 :) or just act as a bonus out and out. It sure is going to be a laugh finding out!

7. IUbball22

IUbball22 Active Member

Oct 23, 2009
    so is this hitting the US store at midnight tonight? how much will it cost? not that it matters...instant buy for me.

8. galaxygrrl

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Totally, World 4 is so good in BO1 and you can tell what they learned along the way.

9. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Absolutely, 4 is my favourite. 5 probably could have been better but for their rushing it out and I guess being so deep in BO2 dev as well :).

10. jonaswills

Patreon Gold

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Washington

I don't see us doing free additional worlds in Bounce On 2, but we will probably be adding a few free levels in updates and might have some in app purchases for larger content packs.

The amount of content and gameplay in Bounce On 2 is roughly the same as all of Bounce On 1 with all 5 worlds. The 3 worlds in Bounce On 2 are all much larger than the worlds in Bounce On 1.

It should be showing up in the US store at midnight eastern time for $3.99 :) We haven't released this way before so not entirely sure about the exact time, it might take a little bit for it to distribute through Apple's servers.

11. galaxygrrl

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    #31 galaxygrrl, Mar 29, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
    I know, world 4 just rocked and it was hard and took a long time. The black levels on were so much fun. Level 4-15 took me forever to get a gold on and the only reason I pulled it off is I watched a video of someone doing it. But I loved that world. It's my favorite world of any game ever.

There is a ton of content in the game and the levels are really interesting. :) And it feels about right. Some games (ie Soosiz) had way to much content and i just wanted to be done with it by the last two worlds. This one is perfect.

Happy to buy additional worlds! :)

12. jerry hunter

jerry hunter Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Roll your way through the Floating Ruins(qft from goimot)
    seems great, maybe i will download it in 2 days!and thx for sharing!:)

13. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Agree on all points. I only ever managed gold on 4-15 by bringing the bubble ball back to the start - never managed to do it with the magnet ball, kept falling off. I like that they gave that option. I also really liked the switch mechanic and the mario-like scrolling levels.

Soosiz did indeed go on too long without adding all that much by comparison to BO1. Maybe if they had done a staggered release as well.... I achieved access to the bonus level they did add for all gold coins in Soosiz, but it was just insane.

Not surprised about the thoughts on additional worlds vs additional levels. At least they can't go wrong by not promising anything ... not like Rolando 2's promise of bonus levels, lol.

14. galaxygrrl

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Team Phobic gets it right. They really do. I think that World 1 on BO1 was a little weak and it left some people disillusioned, but BO2 should make people really stop and think on how cool it is.

My guess is there will not be a BO3 - although I have no idea - but it will be interesting to see what they make next.

15. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    out in US/Canada.

16. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Buying in the US/Canada.

17. jonaswills

Patreon Gold

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Washington
    Yay! There was much rejoicing!

Attached Files:

18. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    Haha, now that's funny!

BTW just wrote a iTunes review, giving it 1 star. :mad: ....

I kid I kid!

19. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Yay! Already bought it! Any iPhone Bounce On 1 or 2 wallpapers?

20. jonaswills

Patreon Gold

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Washington
    I'll ask one of our artists if they can make a few tomorrow :)