Boom Beach Frontlines (By Space Ape Ltd)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ste86uk, Oct 20, 2021.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Anyone playing the soft launch in Canada?

2. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Yeah. Tried it out. It’s quite good and fun. Very lighthearted. Doesn’t take itself too seriously.

It has a similar progression loop of collecting units, upgrading them, free and paid battle pass systems.

It’s very easy to get into and play. And it’s perfect for short bursts of game time.

ste86uk likes this.
  3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I quite like it too, at first I wasn’t sure because 3 stars every 4 hours seems extremely low considering you can earn more than that in 1 battle. But I guess you can at least earn coins after that still so it’s still nice to play for fun and earn some coins, trophies I don’t like to push early and end up vs people with much higher level cards.

But definitely seems to have potential and when I think of how Brawl Stars started and where it is now they could really do a lot with this game.

Rocksaint likes this.
  4. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    I am glad there are not a bunch of timers diminishing gameplay. Like you said, technically, there's a limit to earning stars. But I feel that's mainly to avoid players progressing too fast. It's okay as long as playing still feels rewarding despite that. I also like the fact that ranking takes a back seat. It's there, but not like Clash Royale where entire game progression depends on it.

I liked Brawl Stars initially but it became very challenging very fast. Especially against premade groups and players with better/paid heroes. This feels more welcoming and easy to grasp. Just wish there was more to do apart from the main game. Maybe a quest system, cosmetics etc.

But a promising start indeed.

ste86uk likes this.
  5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Rocksaint have any favourite units to use yet? I’m quite liking the sniper and cluster, I tried the others like medic but it felt quite weak to me. I got lucky and got Zooka too but other than vs armour or buildings I prefer not to use her, but I do love how we can swap units each respawn which helps you contend with whatever’s going on.

I wish there was more too but I just keep thinking it’s in beta I’m sure in the future if it gets launched and is a hit it’ll get a lot of content or at least that’s what I’m hoping since they are working with Supercell.

6. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    No favourites as such. But I just use the one which is at the highest level and suits my style. Currently, Heavy. But yeah, depending on the situation they all can be useful. I found the Medic to be useful too as long as played correctly.

How did you get Cluster? Did you purchase the battle pass?

Yeah, true. It’s still a soft launch. But do keep in mind that Supercell has canceled quite a few of their games, months after being in soft launch.

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    It is great to change in the fly and medic was my first try as I like to play healer but I tried it again last night for a few games and it was a nice change and better than when I first started.

Yes I got Cluster through the pass, just bought myself a Canadian apple gift card and used that.

Yes that’s always a worry, I’m playing Everdale too and it’s a worry with all of their games. Although the last two I played that got shit canned one I didn’t think was all that great anyway…the other I think could have been if they made changes.

Rocksaint likes this.
  8. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Yeah. Hopefully this one doesn’t get canned. All depends on how development goes and how the feedback is.

Fingers crossed.

ste86uk likes this.
  9. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    #9 MetaGonzo, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    Just played my first live match; definitely looks worth having a proper explore of.

I’m interested to see ste buying a Canadian gift card; shop prices are all in local (£) currency for me.
    I didn’t complete a transaction just yet but it went through the motions and was ready to authorise my purchase in £.

Edit: Brainfart; ignore that purchase guff. I just went to test it out and got a reminder about how it actually works. Can’t buy iaps if you’re not logged in with the downloading ID. Oops; ignore me!

ste86uk likes this.
  10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @MetaGonzo glad to hear you enjoyed it and that you remembered with the purchases too.

MetaGonzo likes this.
  11. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    I like to leave my fails in place that others may benefit from them. :D

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    After Everdale shutting down I’ve started back on this and Brawl Stars again, I don’t know why I ever left. As far as I can remember I just didn’t have enough time for all the games I was playing!