Universal Boom Beach by Supercell (Clash of Clans\Hay Day)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ValtermcPires, Nov 10, 2013.

1. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I have only upgraded the antenna when there was no other place to explore.

Do you know how it matches players? Is it based on their number of medals?

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Gahhhhh... Really wish I hadn't upgraded my radar. Now I'm getting harassed all day by players twice my level.

3. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Ya I saw in twitch that list of attacks on you. If CoC has taught me anything it's patience. Do you get a shield after you lose in this game? May be something they should implement.

I wish there was a way to pvp anytime you want though. I beat my two mp bases that were on my map this morning and nothing has popped up since.

4. TheRybka

TheRybka Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    So much better than CoC, in my opinion. I rarely comment on threads but this game is pretty good.

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow. I am actually enjoying this.

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Because I'm enjoying BB, I decided to try and give CoC another chance. Still don't like CoC believe it or not.

Also just got attacked for the first time in BB. I kinda wish I could just play through the single player, without having to worry about defenses or losing all my resources.

7. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Just don't attack so often. Only attack when you actually NEED the resources. The more bases the clear= the harder the opponents get. I'm about level 25 now, but i'm getting level 18-22's, which is fun :D

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I did mention not to rush radar upgrades as I use to email supercell a lot during soft launch and unsure if the algorithm has changed but opponents were decided on radar level and amount of explored land along with how actively you attack also.

I'm level 36 and my radar is still only level 8

9. mosquito60

mosquito60 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    #109 mosquito60, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    Lame spin off of Clash of Clans

Quite disappointing. Supercell made a lot of money with Clash of Clans… so they might be able to invent a game which is a bit more intelligent and different. It looks like a simple spin of of CoC with less abilities:

No Chat with buddies, no clans, no targeting of people you find in the leaderboard. You can watch the island of your friends but what now? Very boring.

A shame for a rich company who can engage so many developers.

The lack of additional building groups tell me: just more greedy, but nothing new!

Oh and on the ipad2 the frame rate is dropping dramatically, means: Also poorly written code. Cheap.

It is not designed to provide any value like fun or game experience... the only purpose is to make money. Such games (free gaming) are the beginning of the end of gaming as we all know and love it. Games like this shouldn't be even mentioned on this platform. It is a shame that they aren't just ignored.

10. House of Paincakes

House of Paincakes Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    So is there any reason to keep gems in this game? In CoC there were some things you could only purchase with gems (most importantly, builder huts) but it doesn't appear that way in BB. Do you only use gems to speed up construction/troops/upgrades?

11. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I've been wondering that as well! I haven't spent a single one (level 10) and I'm paranoid about that now. Have I been saving up for nothing? could I be moving faster? Haha.

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Pretty much this. I'm guessing all gems do is speed up and substitute as resources. They don't unlock anything permanent. I've already collected 200+ gems after playing for one day, so I imagine they're supposed to be pretty easy to collect. Haven't spent one yet and have never spent one in clash on similar things.

13. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    This is more casual than COC and I like it. Just like Hearthstone by Blizz. Less communication is actually increasing my enjoyment. I am at a point in gaming where I don't want to communicate with human opponents as much.

14. Patt

Patt Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 26, 2010

This. I play boardgames with my friends. In IOS Gaming, I just want to take my turn and be done with it.

15. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Do small mangrove trees grow overtime?

16. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I don't think so. I've found the younger trees to be up front and the larger trees to be deeper in the forest. I think this is intentional to keep you from cutting a clearing deep in the forest for your base. As I level up, I am able to cut larger and older trees, and move deeper, one row at a time.

I could be wrong though. I cut everything I can immediately so they don't live long enough to grow. Remember, the younger the tree, the more resources you get for your gold...

17. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012

I'm getting bored too. I upgraded my radar too soon now I can't fight enemies cause they're too strong and I can't get enough gems to upgrade stuff so I'm basically stuck. I tried to attack some islands but it said I couldn't attack while the player was online so I have nothing to do. I'll just have to delete this. Very disappointing game for me.

18. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    It takes a while to start.

19. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    The killer for me ATM is I have to upgrade my base to upgrade my armoury to get more soldiers but to do that I have to level up a couple of levels and I can't fight most islands because they're way above my level because I upgraded my radar too soon. I'm level 11 but the islands I want to attack have way too many guns and towers on them and I can't compete. Upgrading other buildings one by one is taking a long time so I can't get experience points from just upgrading a building every couple of hours.

I like the game idea but it seems to me to be imbalanced. I'm just stuck now because I can't accumulate experience points to upgrade the buildings I need to level up myself. Why did they have this requirement to level up yourself before you could level up buildings? Seems very silly!

Even if I bought the required gems I still need the experience points. Very confusing. I know Suoer Cell they make great games and I'm not afraid to give them some money but in this case money won't help me neither will time. I need to get experience to level up and I can't. Any ideas? Have I overlooked something?

20. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012

Give some time. SuperCell has a very good rep on fixing balance issues without making it pay to win, just pay to fast. This game does have a lot of potential, but there are issues that one can very easily run into without caution.