iPad Book of Demons: Tablet Edition (by ThingTrunk)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Yes, defintely!

2. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Hi!

1. Is the warrior supposed to be able to attack from far away?

2. It seem that when you go back to town, progress resets so you have to start the quest over?

3. Uriel

Uriel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Male
    Hi!

1. Yes, he is. Each class has a unique base attack mechanic and Warrior's attack has a very wide reach (basically anywhere in light radius).

2. It doesn't (shouldn't at least). Coming back to town is encouraged, since you can heal for free there (unless in Roguelike mode) and upgrade/recharge cards.

4. Darkfyra

Darkfyra Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2017
    With how cheap it is compared to PC, I’m worried that it’s not a good port as it feel weird to go from 28 or so to 6$cad or so. Is it worth buying?

5. Uriel

Uriel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Male
    Uhm, if it was a bad port we wouldn't have published it instead of just discounting it, just sayin' :D. It's the same game as PC build.

The price is lower on the launch week, the regular price will be $9.99. We are being realistic, premium market on iPads is tough. Pricing the game at $25 would discourage a lot of players from trying it.

I won't tell you to get it since I'm biased, obviously ;-) Check out the beta test thread in Upcoming section to see how it runs.

6. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #26 stubbieoz, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    The one thing I am struggling with, at some stages, is the combat when there are multiple enemies attacking all at once.

It’s because big fingers on a small(ish) screen = missed taps.
    When that happens you move, rather than attack the enemy, and you can just simply auto walk up to another enemy and that lets them melee attack you.
    It is a problem that I found to be non existent on the pc version due to being able to use a mouse and have a precise cursor attack.
    I know that if I manage to quickly tap a second time behind my character they will stop walking, but sometimes just moving a bit forward puts me in a terrible disadvantage against a lot of enemies. Plus if I miss-tap and it wasn’t definitely behind the character, they still keep going forward.

I don’t know how it would be possible to overcome this with a touch screen?
    I think the problem lies in the fact that the character moves automatically in a direction for some distance when you miss tap. Maybe some sort of tweak to the auto movement mechanic?
    Perhaps it’s just my tapping technique? :confused:

Please, it is not a game breaker by any means (it is still an incredible port that I am really enjoying playing) and I am probably just using more health potions than I did in the pc game, but it can sometimes lead to frustration, and at those times I find myself tapping harder than I should on my screen while yelling at my character to..... STOOOOOP!

7. Played the beta for about 3-4 hours and I encountered no single bugs, not to mention the official release build.

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    One really great positive;
    If you leave the game (just close it off, or “leave session”) midway during a run in a dungeon, you will resume exactly from where you left it.
    All games....especially mobile, should have this ability and I applaud the dev for having it.

adin and houseofg like this.
  9. brerlappin

Feb 10, 2009
    I had the sound & music stop in the middle of a level and had to restart the game for it to come back again.

Also, when hitting I/II in the bottom bar when I first started, the tooltip flashed too fast to read. It seems normal now though.

10. Uriel

Uriel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Male
    Tapping behind should stop you just like it does on the PC. We will look into movement scheme.

Thank you for letting me know, there used to be an issue with the sound system being interrupted by iOS and we fixed it. The only case where we know this happens is when someone switches to the music app and starts music in the background. Did you do something like that?

11. brerlappin

Feb 10, 2009
    I was not running the music app at all. The only app I had open was the game.

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    It’s better. This is superb with touch. I flagged with mouse. This nails it.

I’ll repeat: it is better.

13. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Ruins the ragequit approach. Can’t even go in the back door of dungeons hoping things will have quietened down since your ass was kicked ten minutes ago!

fantastic.

adin and stubbieoz like this.
  14. brerlappin

Feb 10, 2009
    Now that I’m hooked, I’m curious what the timeline is for the remaining 7 games, ha ha

15. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
  16. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I did actually say that in my post.... you probably just missed it in my wall of text.
    I also said that if it wasn’t “definitely behind the character, they still keep going forward”.

Don’t worry about the movement scheme, nobody else is mentioning it so it’s probably just my fat fingers. :D

17. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Damn how I wish this would come to iPhone. Interface doesn’t look too overwhelming that it couldn’t work on a smaller screen. I mean they have Baldur’s Gate and Titan Quest with a lot more complex UIs. Fingers crossed for some day! :)

18. brerlappin

Feb 10, 2009
    I have trouble stopping when fighting as well sometimes. Hopefully it’ll be fixed soon

19. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I know it probably doesn’t make sense, but my rsi ends up limiting my ability to play with touch screen controls.

Thanks in advance.

20. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    #40 AchillesReborn, Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    How is the multiplayer? Is it drop in/out? Can you play the whole campaign in co-op? Is it local only?

edit: Oh, this game doesn’t have multiplayer. I was looking at their other game on steam, Book of demons hell card.