BongCrazy $100 1st place $25 2nd place Contest

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by 1stSPIN, Jul 17, 2015.

1. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    BoingCrazy Top Score Contest

The person with the highest score wins $100.00USD, 2nd place $25.00 and $10 random draw from all the players playing.
    Your score is verified by YouTube. Record the game as you play and post the video on YouTube then here.
    I was looking for a way to verify scores and this may be the way to do it without extra code. I will soon find out. You can see a pianTap game high score recorded by Touch Arcade Member at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iof9_AeMtdQ

The game is fairly easy to play. You can download the game here.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/boingcrazy/id929029584?mt=8
    and
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mmgame.ball&hl=en

The contest will end on Sunday, 26th of July, midnight New York Time

2. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    I'll join.

Game Center: ANiMeX2k11
    Play Store: Marc Edward Dalmacio

Using youtube video is the BEST way to stop the hackers from joining. :)

3. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Lets see. U hope it can. If so soon these competitions will start to have attractive cash prizes.
    Also you can post more than 1 video if you top your previous score.

4. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I don't have a you tube account or proper software to record, so I,m out.
    Ironically; if I won that $100.00, I could purchase the proper software. LOL
    KIDDING,

5. Coast14

Coast14 Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2015
    game center Coast14

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I thought this was gonna be about bongs and such! Spelling mistake! S'posed to be 'boing'. :rolleyes:

7. creeps

creeps Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2014
    But his high score is 330 and it was not recorded on the video. His best try on this video was 293. So we need to record video but is it ok if our high score will not be on the video?

8. Coast14

Jun 17, 2015
    #8 Coast14, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    sweet! got 963 (2nd place overall) will upload video of me playing it when needed :) (now 989)
    1,499 now

9. creeps

creeps Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2014
  10. Megalitum

Megalitum Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    It's possible to record iOS device video in QuickTime, using Mac.

11. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Same here. Seems some competitions require having money to get some...oh well.

12. cofunguy

Sep 24, 2012
    Again don't have a Mac nor PC (well I got one...but the word dinosaur keeps coming up in my mind!)

13. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    If this can make competitions totally fair it will be the best thing for all Touch Arcade members. I cannot see players wanting to compete if they know that someone is going to beat them by hacking the score board and giving themselves an unfair advantage. That seems to be very hard to do with a play by play video. So lets see where this takes us. I was looking for a method to make things fair, Youtube makes the news more transparent, it will do the same for the games here. What do you think?

14. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I think that some people don't know how to make videos or there's a privacy issue. I know it's tough to figure out the right method for contests especially based on your recent posts about those cheating Game Center.

What do I think? I hope not all dev's decide to use you tube for contests. Maybe it's more fair to some, but definately not available for all.

15. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Is it not easy to set up your computer to video your play on your iPad or iPhone?

Unless this problem of games being easily hacked to fix the scores you will not get members to join in a contest when they know there is not chance they will get a fair shake. I would like to see enough Touch Arcade members get interested in joining the contest so that the cash prizes can be $500, $1,000..... per contest. It will be a lot more fun for member to play for some serious cash. That is not going to happen until the competition is fair. I envision each competition having a combination of cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd high scores, best video, random draw for players playing, something for everyone. We can all have a lot of fun with this. And it should work out for developers too. I don't think a requirement should be that you need to leave a review, if you want to, do it but not a requirement. It is enough that you test the game. :)

16. Coast14

Jun 17, 2015
    I think recording the highscore and posting it to youtube is the only way to verify legit scores if you are not using a anti cheat software, the people who say they can't record are either lazy or dont know how to, you can download apps that screen record.

17. cofunguy

Sep 24, 2012
    Well some of us are on fixed incomes and cannot afford nice luxury items as others. But then the world has turned into folks that can take advantage of the weak.

So I guess that means I will have to take some of my money to go buy an app, learn how to use such app in x time to meet a contest deadline. Sorry I don't call that fair by any means but I guess you would since you have been living a "good" life. When your life turns on you that you cannot even afford basic items, I sure hope you have some true good friends to turn to since obviously your attitude would turn most people off.

Unless you have lived in poverty, you will never know how others will treat you...

18. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #18 1stSPIN, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    Day 1 RESULTS

1st place Ju5T7ic3 score 550 $100.00 USD prize proof https://youtu.be/XcLAeMD3Nec

Get on the score board by posting your GC name, BoingCrazy score and play by play youtube or other video proof of your score. You can improve your score at anytime until the competition ends July 26, Sunday Midnight New York time.

Lets make this the 1st total fair competition.

How to enter

BoingCrazy Top Score Contest

The person with the highest score wins $100.00USD, 2nd place $25.00 and $10 random draw from all the players playing.
    Your score is verified by YouTube. Record the game as you play and post the video on YouTube then here.
    I was looking for a way to verify scores and this may be the way to do it without extra code. I will soon find out. You can see a pianTap game high score recorded by Touch Arcade Member at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iof9_AeMtdQ

The game is fairly easy to play. You can download the game here.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/boingcrazy/id929029584?mt=8
    and
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mmgame.ball&hl=en

The contest will end on Sunday, 26th of July, midnight New York Time

19. Coast14

Jun 17, 2015
    #19 Coast14, Jul 18, 2015
    :eek:
    im confused you can download shou for free at emu4ios.net and all you need to do is hit record and you need a device to download the app anyways? and chill fam didnt mean to hurt ur feelings lmao

20. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #20 iANiMeX, Jul 18, 2015