iPad Bombs Away is out now!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TomWhitson, May 14, 2009.

1. TomWhitson

TomWhitson Member

May 14, 2009
    My first game has been out for a while now and I only just came across this forum! Seems like a good time to share some promo codes to you guys since I released a 1.1 update today.

HAFRNEFJTM6Y
    TY6W97TEL6NW
    99NN7KYNJ6PY
    4WF4FPLXERKF
    6F3KH7RNRYA9

Bombs Away is available here

Comments welcomed and all suggestions will be considered. Blurb from iTunes..

=========================================================
    =========================================================

Bombs Away is a fast-paced puzzle/stratergy game for the iPhone. Left in charge of the bomb factory you must deal with the broken down machinery firing out the mixed up bombs seemingly at random. You must sort the bombs by color as quickly as possible otherwise they might explode. No mean feet; but to make matters worse if you put any bombs in the wrong boxes they might just blow up.

Luckily for you all it takes to control the bombs is a flick of your finger. Power ups take the game to a new level using all the iPhone/iPod's abilities; blow or shake away all the bombs flying around the factory.
    Bombs Away Features

- Fast paced puzzle action
    - Get straight into the action with intuitive gameplay
    - Addictive high score based gameplay
    - Global leaderboard to rank against your friends and foes
    - Dynamic skill levels, the gameplay gets harder as you get better
    - Snazzy graphics for a great look and feel

When your game is over, submit your high score to our global leader board and see how you did..don’t let the rest of the world beat you now! Get a call, reach your stop on the tube, need to go to a meeting. Don’t worry simply hit the home button and Bombs Away will save your current game for when you get back.

2. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Welcome and thanks! :D HAFRNEFJTM6Y

3. MojoArcanus

MojoArcanus Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    6F3KH7RNRYA9

Thanks! Will give my impressions later.

4. wolfhunt

wolfhunt Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Thanks, used TY6W97TEL6NW.

I will post a review on itunes later today.

5. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Not for me :( There are bombs flying around and you drag them over to a particular of the screen.

6. aggiedeals

aggiedeals Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
  7. TomWhitson

TomWhitson Member

May 14, 2009
    For those that missed out follow me on twitter or find my blog for updates...releasing a new game soon so more promo codes to dish out. I might even tweet/blog some more promo codes at random times!

8. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

How does this game differ from Robotco and Chickens on the Loose?

I'm still searching for a game which gives me the same feeling like this Bob-Ombs game in Super Mario on the DS.

9. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    Looks interesting might pick it up. But you know, I thought this was in reference the the other game "Bombs Away"

10. powersurge

powersurge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    This is what I was expecting when I clicked on the thread. What happened to the other Bombs Away? Who stole who's name? :confused:

11. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
  12. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    What the hell does "bombs away" have to do with puzzles? seriously, the name fits the other game better and now theres going to be a conflict with this game.

13. Thorero

Nov 15, 2008
    Portugal
    #13 Thorero, May 14, 2009
    Last edited: May 14, 2009
    Well as far as I know, the non-puzzle game, the one that was on the front page, came first. It would be interesting to know who started work on their project first. Now I'd like to ask the Dev, When did you start work on this project?

And now that I think about it, no matter when this game's development started, I'm sure the dev researched the name, and would have seen that a major game was coming out with the same name, and still didn't change it.

14. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Why are people calling this a puzzle game? :confused:

15. Thorero

Nov 15, 2008
    Portugal
    Well it is sort of a puzzle.

16. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    I'm going to clear it up, since coincidentally CobraMobile's rep and I were talking via e-mail regarding their games. Apparently, their game is called iBomber - Bombs Away. Not plain "Bombs Away" ;)

17. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    fair enough. This reminds me of Space Trader, how that other app got plain old space trader, so the official one had to add something to the name.

I just hope this doesn't turn into a trend, I mean, what if someone released a app that was just a particle simulator of fire and called it "LiveFire":D Or if someone released an app right now called The Sims 3... there would be some problems...

18. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    What the heck now there's yet another one, this time Bombs Away! (note the excalamation mark) which is just a clone of the ancient Kaboom!. Boy I hope the game we all thought this thread was about just drops the whole 'bombs away' entirely and goes with something unique. Why does Apple allow this kind of title duplication?

19. craxy1012

craxy1012 New Member

May 22, 2009
    It's just like Sparta copying Zombieville but being much worse