Universal Bomboras Forever (by Jeff Taniguchi)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jtaniguchi, Jul 10, 2016.

1. MistaBoz

MistaBoz Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    New control scheme is interesting. You still need a combination of upgrades and money... I like that with the control stick you can hold your charge shot ###

2. erdiferik

erdiferik Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Just came ipad support.

3. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Love the update, being able to move around with the joystick is awesome. Question is it intentional when you let go of the stick you still like fly forward, or when I turn really quick then let go I'll kind of boost that direction... It's a little annoying don't know if it's SUPPosed to be the way. Anyway keep up the good work !

4. #64 jtaniguchi, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    That is not happening on my devices. Would you mind PMing me more details?

If you're turning mid-boost then yes the boost will continue after turning.

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I love the new joystick controls! Thank you dev for adding it. While I DO like the original unique control scheme I have to admit the joystick is pretty cool.

Thank you for continuing to support this awesome game and for taking time out to come here and talk to us. This game was money well spent.

If you have not purchased this game yet, hit that buy button! It's a damn fun game!

Billy

6. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #66 sobriquet, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Hey Jeff, great job on the new controls. I don't mind the original controls, in fact I really like them, but I'm already getting higher mission scores. I still haven't beaten my end of game high yet but I haven't played any games in the last week or so, so we'll see what happens when I'm back up to speed.

Did you add some animation to the players ship? I never noticed the smoke streams after you get hit. Well, new or not, seeing it now makes it a lot easier to tell when you take damage. The health bar is kind of hard to look at while in the heat of battle. That's not a complaint, I prefer it being unobtrusive.

Now that there is a stick control scheme I will throw my vote in for MFI controller support. With Apple lifting the Siri Remote requirements for Apple TV games, I think the game would be and look amazing on the big screen tv. #

Thanks for the continuing good time, Jeff.

Edit: Jeff, why haven't you rated your own game yet? It's allowed and you should. It's like when candidates vote for themselves, it's ok. #

7. Thanks for the feedback!

The smoke was always there but I added some fire because fire makes everything better. :)

8. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Ah, most have been the fire getting my attention causing me to notice the smoke.

9. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Will there be the ability to choose different ships as well?

10. There is only one at the moment. I'm exploring the idea of having others that would give the player different perks.

11. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm in serious love with that idea!

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I have two words for this comment:

Hell freaken Yeah!

Ok so it was 3 words but you get the point lol. Dev lets do this!

Billy

13. MistaBoz

MistaBoz Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Can't believe I finally finished the game!!! All points on the map for 18,123!!! When you get to so much loot you can purchase everything you are unstoppable!!! The Gatling gun with shields is the sure fire combo!

14. MistaBoz

MistaBoz Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    The ending is pretty trippy too! Great game to JTan !

15. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    You finished the game, that's awesome. Any strategies to share?:)

16. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    This is a good find and I'm loving the contemporary take on Defender-vibe. Too bad I dismissed it previously because of the app icon. As a wise man once said, "You can't judge a game by its icon"...or something like that...

17. MistaBoz

MistaBoz Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    I've started using the virtual stick controls and holding the charge shot. You can now turn either way which is huge until you can get your shot upgraded.

If you see the square tile instead of the circle on your next tile head for it because there are loads of currency if you make it out. Getting currency and power ups will extend your run

Shields are better earlier versus weapon upgrades. The buckshot is a game changer if you can afford it.

If the smiley face that approaches you catches you early, it can end your run. On both successful runs I made it through and was awarded about 500 currency which allows you to buy the upgrades you want.

Don't give up and keep firing and moving! Come get me guys!!! LOL

18. #78 jtaniguchi, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Waahh 18,123! Congrats!

19. MistaBoz

MistaBoz Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    You made it possible!!! Thank you for a great game!!!

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Holy crap you finished it? Major props! Congrats!

Billy