Universal Bomboras Forever (by Jeff Taniguchi)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jtaniguchi, Jul 10, 2016.

1. #21 jtaniguchi, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    metalcasket, that must be a bug. It was designed for iPhone, or iPod Touch, and can be run on iPad in compatibility mode. A universal version is defo on my list of possibilities, but having only released it 3 days ago I have not yet decided what direction to go in.

2. adin

adin Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    New Mexico
    Yes. please!

3. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Make it happen! That'll be awesome!!

4. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Thanks for the great impressions LordShadOwz! Also, I'm very happy to hear the new control scheme is a winner and to see so much developer presence and quick feedback!

That said, I'm convinced. Commence smashing BUY button in 3.2.1.... It is Mine!!

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Just remember at first your brain is going to get confused. Stick with it. After about 20 minutes you will be slaying the crap out of them with a smile!

Billy

6. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I can confirm this. I had some issues with the controls at first but I worked it out. It helped me to hold my phone by the middle instead of the bottom. It helped me keep my thumbs at the same level and move them both up and down together.

7. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    This looks so great

8. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    How many levels? Or is it endless?

9. Shortest route is a beeline to the end, which would involve clearing only 5 areas and earning my utmost respect.

10. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    It's not endless. The path to the end is branching and randomly generated. You can't see the branches past your current point in the game. When you die (you get one life) you start over.

11. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Jeff, is there a key or explanation of what all the symbols on the level select screen. One looks like a foot with a line through it? Some are solid black and I've seen a few others I can't recall at the moment. Also is there any explanation for what the power ups are exactly? Pierce? But what are the actual effects, one shot kill? Anyway, some of the names are too vague for me to know what to spend my diamonds on.

12. #32 jtaniguchi, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    Wouldn't that ruin the fun if I explained away everything? ;)

The foot with the line through it means you can't use your boost.
    Pierce lets normal bullets pierce shields. Charged shots pierce through enemies.

13. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Hell yeah, my buying decisions often come to down to MFI support or not!!

14. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Anyone any tips to use charge shot effectively? It seems while I'm holding a chargshot, my thump is in the way kinda to see anything quick enough, then when they do get in sight I can't go up or down fast enough to hit them, thus then going past me and then me having to let the charge go, turn around, then repeat the process. Am I going about it wrong ?

15. #35 jtaniguchi, Jul 14, 2016
    I try to keep my fingers as close to the left and right edges of the screen as possible for the most visibility and move them independently. You only need to move the one finger up and down to move so you don't have to worry about moving the trigger finger at the same time as the navigation finger. When lining up a charged shot I try to keep in mind where the enemy will probably be instead of where they were when I last saw them.

16. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    FWIW, I was about to hit the Buy button at that has held m back for now. I might still cave, but I do practically all of my gaming on my iPad right now and I can't stand playing scaled up iPhone games.

17. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Here's a tip I figured out. The gameplay screens are looping. Meaning if you fly in one direction you will come back to the same spot. Makes it easier to intercept enemies flying away from you or to sneak up behind them if they are coming at you.

18. Thanks for the input! Glad to know it's something people would like.

19. #39 jtaniguchi, Jul 14, 2016
    [​IMG]

Close range charges are handy too!

20. rich1574

rich1574 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Awful control system and annoying cut scenes. Have to say am regretting paying for this one and about to delete.