Universal Bomb Chicken (by Nitrome)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 31, 2020.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    You crazy? Disappointed? If it’s not up your alley, you’re perfectly within a reason to not playing it. I’d buy it even then just to complete my Nitrome collection but it’s a different reasoning behind it. Luckily, I love the game. Especially when I finally beat a level I’ve been struggling with. It’s so satisfying. So, everything’s just fine. Trust me, with your purchase history you’re the last person who’d need to explain himself for refunding something. So, don’t worry about it!;)

metalcasket and ste86uk like this.
  2. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I’d like to express my deepest gratitude and appreciation to all of you whom believed in me, were rooting for me and pretty much went on this journey with me. It was a crazy ride. Sure, there were moments of frustration and self-doubt, but also a small victories and accomplishments achieved by overcoming obstacles (literally). In the end I stand here with all of you - victorious and with my head held high. Thank you!:oops::)

Full disclosure: I didn’t blue-gemmed a single level from 20 and higher, but I promise I’ll go back (now that the pressure’s off) and grab every single one of those missing gems just because this game deserves it!

ste86uk and metalcasket like this.
  3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Great job! Hahaha, holy hell...your boss run's so cool and calculated. Mine were on absolute overload (not to grab that achievement, per se) with me slinging bombs at as many of its projectiles as possible and whatnot. :p

macplash likes this.
  4. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Don’t you dare think even for a minute this was a coincidence. Just check those missing hearts in the beginning.:D It was like my 50th attempt, LOL. I rage quit like three times before that already. Of course it looks cool once it’s done successfully. But trust me, the road to that was the least cool thing imaginable. But don’t tell anyone - it’s just between us.:cool:

metalcasket likes this.
  5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Doesn’t make a difference! XD My successful run at the clucker was just as “OH MY GOD DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE” as my first attempt. :p

macplash likes this.
  6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Heh, congratulations for finishing the game and congrats @metalcasket for “100%-ing” it!

Because of its deceptive difficulty, this game reminded me of Ori and the Blind Forest. I had originally intended for my partner to play that, but 10 minutes in she handed over the controller. We both loved the heck out of that game, but it was not what I expected. :p

metalcasket likes this.
  7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Blue-gemmed 3 levels today. 5 more to go. Do any of you guys remember if there’s an achievement for 100% completing the game? It always brings me so much joy and sense of accomplishment when it appears on the screen for that brief moment. Especially those difficult ones. Just so I know if I should be looking forward to it or my effort goes unnoticed.;)

8. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I don’t remember, sorry. And can’t even check any more, since I deleted it now...

@metalcasket, I guess that answers your question of to delete or not delete! I have to delete or at the very least offload all my games, otherwise this happens...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B9FZqPhnRGP

9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I have folders of offloaded games to help ensure I don’t run out of pages. :)

10. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Okay so... MFi support? I feel this might be a blast go Bret deeply aggravated with but without a controller... well let’s just say I don’t want to burn an applecare claim on my Xs max

11. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    #91 Chq, Dec 12, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    Yes, it has MFI support. Does it fill the whole display of an iPad mini, or has it black borders?

Greetz Chris

Edit: Black borders. :(