Universal Bomb Chicken (by Nitrome)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 31, 2020.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Check my video a few posts above. Yeah, I thought the level 8 is hard and yet, I’m stuck at level 14 for twice as long already and it doesn’t look I’m gonna make it through anytime soon. Not to mention to get all the gems.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh man, you're gonna make me haul ass to 14 now? :(

3. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Nah, you’re way behind.:p I mean, I made it through level 14 eventually. But I’m missing a few gems in there. Need to find some will to go back. That level is crazy. From there it’s kinda breeze again. Even the big boss in level 17, walk in a park.:) So, I’m past that. Catch me if you can.:D

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You're on your own. :p I still intend to work through this at a snail's pace. I still do my whole "delete after finishing" thing and I don't want to delete this any time soon. >_>

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #45 macplash, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    I’m not rushing through intentionally. It’s just crazy addictive. As I said, except for level 14 I blue-gemmed everything so far. It’s a fantastic game. When (and if) I complete it, I just see myself deleting the progress and going again. Making a walkthrough or something.;)

——
    EDIT: Big Boss fight - level 17, if anyone’s curious or maybe stuck.

6. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Anyone know if there is iCloud support?

7. CraigG

CraigG Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    No iCloud support.

8. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I mean, when I inspect my apps inside iCloud backup file, the game’s there. But nowhere else to find. So if you’re looking for syncing between multiple devices to pick the game on either and continue, I don’t think so.

9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Level 21 ATM, everything blue-gemmed (including infamous level 14 which is suddenly a walk in the park in comparison to levels in last underground world). I mean, @PBSNellie called it, this got seriously difficult. I spent like an hour trying just to finish the level, not even grab all gems. I wasn’t expecting difficulty to ramp up so steeply. Temporary platforms, ghosts constantly chasing me even through the walls, playing in complete darkness because of lack of torches... I’m not afraid of challenge, but my determination is being tested here and my patience is not limitless;). How you guys doing? Anyone made it through the whole game already?

PBSNellie likes this.
  10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Yep, finished it with 100% this morning and the achievement for beating the final boss in under 2 minutes (#humblebrag ;)).

What a game.

E2E899B6-221E-47EB-A6D7-FE27915029DB.png

macplash likes this.
  11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Echoseven impressive! Congrats. That’s what I needed to hear to stay motivated. I’m not giving up then, not a chance.:)

Echoseven likes this.
  12. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It’s worth it and very satisfying!
    Though it gets hard. And I still hate those ghostly mask guys that follow you around and can’t be killed. :/

macplash likes this.
  13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    That's exactly what I'm struggling with at the moment. I don't like being rushed and in first two worlds I wasn't (with one exception which is Big Betty) and yet suddenly, it's required in every single level. There's always something chasing me. And the worst part is when it's chasing me in the dark. Anyway, I'm still trying, so.. ;)

14. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Good luck. I believe in you!

macplash likes this.
  15. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    so do I!

macplash likes this.
  16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Finally picked this up again and wow, level 14. Nothing smart about the last section AT ALL. Like, it’s poor level design at its finest, and there’s nothing remotely puzzling about it. This is enough to ruin the entire game for me. A few dozen more times and I might delete the game and just be done with it.

EDIT: Yeah, this is gross. Either gems collected need to stay collected once collected throughout the entire game, or there needs to be a fixed pattern of movement and/or regeneration for the radish Shy Guy fuckers. Jesus Christ, I haven’t been this pissed at something in a long ass time. Resisting the urge to just delete the app. It doesn’t help that it doesn’t stay in memory properly and reloads with a black screen.

EDIT 2: Yeah, I’m out. Deleted. This sucks ass. The problems I mentioned are bad enough, now I hate to agree with Campbell Bird, but there IS an unpredictability to the bomb behavior when you push the damn things. At first I thought it was the bootleg Shy Guys blooming under me, but it’s absolutely not. Welp, I might return to this later in the future, but for now, I can absolutely live without it.

17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @metalcasket lol, if you’re willing to put a few dozen attempts into it, it still equals to a lot of determination. But my advice is to forget the blue gems in level 14 for now. Once you make it through 18, 19 or 20, going back to 14 will feel like playing tutorial.:D I’ve just seen a glimpse of a door in the end of 21, but since the nearest checkpoint is like in the middle of the level, it’s a drag. But there’s no way I’m giving up now. Don’t you dare quit. We’re in this together.:)

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Sorry bud, the deed is done. :(

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Okay, I lied. Kind of. Reinstalled. I can’t imagine not playing this. Sure, my progress has been reset, but at least I known I’ll have the best time ever until I get to 14 again. :p

macplash likes this.
  20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Y’all want a hint to make collecting gems easier?

Levels reset when you change screens, but collected gems don’t. That means you can go into a screen, collect a few gems, and go back to the previous screen to “bank” them. Then when you come back it makes the screen easier because you can focus on getting further.

Not to mention that even if you run out of hearts, the gems and keycards remain collected. Thank goodness for that mechanic.