Universal Bob's Space Adventure (by Red Magnet Store)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 16, 2015.

1. kaothekiller

kaothekiller New Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Old skool arcade game

Hi Guus,

This is exactly what i was hoping for.
    A free old skool game were u can earn 100k usd.
    Good luck and I am enjoying this wether I will win or not.

It's for free!!! So give it a try.

2. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    My belief is that u are correct on both counts. Deception...tsk tsk.

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    What's the "investment" ? Actual cash, stocks...? It seems weird to not just say the grand prize is one hundred thousand dollars cash, or $100,000. I think I'm also confused with the wording. Can you clarify?

4. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Apparently it's some oceanfront property in Ohio #

5. MasonHurst

Jan 9, 2013
    That's a pretty cool story... Now when I see the diamond on King Oddball's tongue on the game icon I think of your prize. Now it all makes sense! I missed it when it first came out...

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    In Spain we use the "." to separate the thousands, instead of the "," which British and Americans use. Where's the dev from?

7. #27 Red Magnet Studios, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    It is actual cash that the player can win. A hundred thousand dollars. We are a game studio from the Netherlands where we use a "." instead of a ","

8. What you are saying is correct, we are a game studio from the Netherlands where we use the "."

9. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Hmm can not help being sceptic. 100000 dollars is really a lot of money. In these days of an overcrowded appstore I seriously doubt the game will render enough profit to warrant that the 100000 will indeed be rewarded.

10. Hi Breinstein,

The prize money is not based on the games revenue. We wouldn't do this grand prize if we had to make the profit first. Call us crazy but we are not here to deceive people with this championship.

11. priz

priz Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Impressions

Awesome!!! Love everything about it. It's quick and challenging.
    It is definitely a must have game. :cool:

12. priz

priz Member

Jan 29, 2014
    #32 priz, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Game Impressions

:):):)

13. MasonHurst

Jan 9, 2013
    Still seems odd that the app description is in flawless English but yet the money description is more appropriate for the Euro or guilders (if they still use those in some parts of Nederland).

Plus if this is true then the prize in US currency is more like $114,000.00 if you factor in the currency exchange.

In any case these comments have helped keep the devs game high on the "hot games" list.

14. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    $100,000 cash seems to good to be true for an iPhone game. Rovio and Supercell have never offered cash prizes that I know of, and they are certainly the ones with the funds to do so.

15. hohauser

hohauser New Member

Feb 16, 2015
    Sweden
    It sure is a lot of money, but it would be stupid if they didn't have it already right? It is still a fun game to play though, prize money or not.

16. priz

priz Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Agree!!!

17. bigPl@y

bigPl@y New Member

Feb 20, 2015
    USA
    Game Impressions

Did you actually play the game? I did and i bought also some of the power ups.
    If they were permanent in the game it would be too easy to play. Not knowing when those helper power up appear is making the game even cooler. I'm playing the game 2 days now and i can say it's awesome what those dev did.

I suggest you play a bit more before you come to any wrong conclusions.

18. hohauser

hohauser New Member

Feb 16, 2015
    Sweden
    I don't see a problem with the perks, and BigPl@y has a point. If the perks were there a 100% of the time, the game would be too easy.

19. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    The game was just updated. Even though they said repeatedly the grand prize was from investors and not tied to the performance of the game they apologize that they can't give out the prizes due to financial issues on their end.

And just as some icing on the cake the game was broken with the update. The main menu never leaves the screen even when you click to play. Bobs flying around with the active home menu on the screen lol

Billy

20. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    See pic for game busting bug.

Attached Files: