iPad Bobby Carrot 1.1 update

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Future777, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder

#1 Future777, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
    Hi Together,

time for a new Bobby Carrot thread as we are launching the 1.1 update very soon (going final and uploading to iTunes today). :) This new update is also like a fresh start for the game as it is a major update with lots of fixes and features. It is also the last tech update so we are now starting to integrate the 7th world!

What´s new in 1.1:

- System popup messages (low memory check, support tip if getting stuck)
    - reworked and improved both controls (2-handed, 1-handed controls)
    - added virtual d-pad control for left handed and right handed
    - Videotutorial
    - 2-Finger tap quickmenu for quick level restart
    - level selection after a world has been completed.
    - optional Quickstart right after the loading screen
    - update of zoom mode call function to prevent activation by accident
    - fixed some other bugs

Nothing will stand in the way now to fully enjoy this game! :D
    We are also re-enabling the lite version (then 1.1) soon as 1.05 was pulled from us after 48 hours due to the bad control feedback :D

cheers
    Future777

2. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Except the price...? ;) ;) :D

3. Future777

Let´s face it, even if we price it at $5.99 everyone will complain ;)

cheers
    Future777

4. Monopoly

Monopoly Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    woot cant wait, something to make this amazing game even better! Keep up the good work :)

Btw ive convinced 5 people i know to buy it....muahah :D

5. Future777

That´s great! Thank you very much! :)
    It´s thanks to you and others who recommend us, that we can exist quite well with a higher priced premium title among all those cheap $0.99 apps. No need to be in the Top100 to make solid money if the demand stays solid. However it would still be great to be on a top position, of course! :D

all the best
    Future777

6. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Although I have yet to buy the game (I will...promise :D), I commend you for recognizing the returns you'll get from employing a longer term strategy. Most of the low priced apps rise to the top of the charts, then come tumbling down into obscurity a short while later.

Your position will rise as time goes on and you drop price from $7.99 when that well starts to run dry. Regardless, if you can stomach the long haul you'll have the potential to, well, haul away more for a lot longer ;)

7. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    BTW, the virtual d-pad is available as an option, right? You didn't remove the other control options and put that one in, right?

'Cause I actually dig the original hotspot option.

8. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    Even with lots of new great games that i have bought (Sway, Zen bound, and Ancient Frog -- all absolutely AMAZING, highly recommend), bobby carrot forever has remained my favorite ipod touch/iphone game. The difficulty is perfect, challenging but not frustrating. Probably will wait until 1.2 update, as I finished the game A LONG time ago, but hopefully 1.1 will increase your sales. Best of luck to you and your game!:D:D

9. Future777

Yes it´s just an option, both other control schemes stay 100% intact.

Glad to hear that, thank you very much! You will find some nice new challenges in V1.2, world 7: "Surreal"! :p

all the best
    Future777

10. Monopoly

Dec 12, 2008
    You should have a Bobby Carrot promo code trivia contest before the update...get rid of all those left over codes and get the word back out about an amazing game :)

And give me a chance to win my little brother a code (so i dont have to buy him a birthday present haha :D)

11. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    wowwowowo!! congrats guys for the update!

will check it out!!!

12. Future777

OK I think I can do that once: Anyone who finds this thread/message and writes into this thread why he/she thinks the game is interesting to him/her until tomorrow, ~same time as this post, will get the change to win 1 of 2 Bobby Promo Codes. :D.

cheers
    Future

13. dtekdahl00

dtekdahl00 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Hey, I've been a big fan of puzzle/adventure games for quite some time, and Bobby Carrot has been the only title to come close to perking my interest in that genre. I would appreciate a chance at a code! Thanks
    It kinda reminds me of zelda, but without the swords?

14. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    #14 stargazer513, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
    nvrmnd what i said-.- its late and i was drunk...
    but i do wish for an u.s. account so i can use all these excellent promo codes..

15. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

I think

I think bobby carrot is interesting because it's a proven game on many other mobile platforms that seems to get more and more interesting with every sequel. Many other puzzle games get very repetitive or frustrating however bcf is fun throughout and seems like a game created FOR the iPhone. Oh and the soundtrack is awesome!

16. Monopoly

Dec 12, 2008
    What makes Bobby Carrot interesting and what sets it apart from other games available on the app store is the extrordinary polish and completness of the game. Most apps, even ones that are from so called "big" developers, fail to live up to the hype/full potential of the game. In this respect Bobby Carrot delivers. Everything from the innovetive control system (which allows the screen to be unobstructed by ugly overlayed buttons),to the friendly visuals, to the unique "world design" (having a central hub world); makes Bobby Carrot a game that cannot be passed up.

17. Future777

Just to be fair and mention at US daytime again:

2 Promo Codes 2 win:
    Anyone who finds this thread/message and writes into this thread why he/she thinks the game is interesting to him/her until end of the day, will get the change to win 1 of 2 Bobby Promo Codes.

cheers
    Future777

18. DrJD

DrJD Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    in transit
    What makes Bobby Carrot interesting to me is that it is an action puzzler (and I tend to like these a lot), but it also seems to have some platformer elements (collecting coins and being able to purchase special items), which adds a bit of variety and replayability and takes the edge off of the pure puzzle aspect, so to speak. I find I can only play pure puzzle games for so long before they tire me out if there's not at least a bit of additional action going on.

19. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    ill give this thread a bump (not a useless one, mods) so people are aware of the promo code thing going on.

20. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    The thing that makes this game interesting is the fact that it keeps you thinking. The puzzles are so well laid out that you ponder solutions over and over. A game needs this type of element, it's an actually challenge and challenges are appreciated.