Universal Bobbing - [Little Bobby Games]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LittleBobby, Feb 28, 2013.

1. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Bobbing got a well deserved rave review from 148apps. Congrats to the developers!

2. LittleBobby

LittleBobby Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Just been informed! What a great news. Editor's Choice on top of that! What can we ask more.

And, lot of stuff in the next update. You won't be dissapointed :p

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    You deserve it, it's a great game!

To be honest, I shied away from this one at first figuring I'd be really awful at the game, but it ended up not kicking my butt as much as I expected. :eek:

4. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Matt33 is 3rd to finish! The last level was a nice surprise after the very tough ones before it.

yay me

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Congratulations!

You now join the ranks of the elite of the elite, the supreme overlords and somesuch. The commemorative jackets are on your right, the cigars on the table.

;)

6. Paulos G

Paulos G Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    location, location.
    Got the GAE yesterday. Bought the full game today. I know I'm on to a good game when I find myself grinning from ear to ear. Have been recommending it on other sites I frequent.

Loving the music too. Parts of it are reminiscent of Jean Michel Jarre which is a very good thing indeed.

7. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Yeah, same here. At the moment GC is not updating for me, even when other games work fine. Bobbing does show the GC welcome message, but I am not seeing that GC is updating the score. I have been replaying levels and getting them higher scores, but all to no avail. I want to like this game, but this way it is a frustrating experience. iPad2, iOS 6.0.1
    Oh and congrats on the 7 digits mark! :D

8. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I just replayed one level, finished not even with a high score and now GC score was updated. It is puzzling.

9. LittleBobby

Oct 31, 2010
    We seriously have no clue what is the problem with GC. Most players seems to have it working fine, we'll have to see if something doesn't sync well. The funny part...not is that we are suppose to have more leaderboard since the last update and they never appeared :/

10. woutibara

woutibara Active Member

Jan 15, 2011
    This game is sooo good. Perfecting levels has become an addiction. I'm #15 now.

11. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I did notice that interrupting game play and after e.g. checking email coming back to the game, the GC welcome back message doesn't show. Maybe it can be a clue for you to check in the code?

12. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Hey thanks! I always love to hear how the rockstar players (that's a lot nicer than mutant isn't it?) do it. I actually do something like you describe, but I had't explicitly vocalized left-right etc, more like, blue pink switch (gravity). But that's an extra step and on the super fast paced parts it helps to take that out I think.

I notice that many of the top players in the leaderboards have nice round scores, suggesting that they go for the perfect score every time. I always want to see the next level (I'm still impressed by the level design and how each level feels so fresh). Going for perfects immediately is probably a faster way to get higher scores.

About GC: I stopped thinking about it and now it seems to go better :). I noticed that eventually the scores do get updated, and I'm not going to finish the game anytime soon anyway. It would be irritating for the people who are though, and I do hope it will be fixed. Some games have a "sync with GC" button in the settings to manually force a sync, maybe that would be a kind of stopgap option for now?

13. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I shouldn't have written that. I now finished a level with a negative score! That's just mean! Guess I'll have to try again now :)

14. Llamaentity

Llamaentity Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2013
    As of just a minute ago, I am the fourth person on GC leaderboards to get 1,450,000 points XD! Huge sense of accomplishment from this game.

And it's such an amazing game. Has seriously become one of my favorite games, period... played basically all day and never once felt like playing anything else. The level design, music, and general gameplay, all absolutely awesome. Not sure what to do now that I finished this... :C

I will continue to tell all my friends about this game, hopefully more will get it. It feels so overlooked even still, but I think it's awesome that several huge sites have given it great reviews, and it was featured in the AppStore last week, and it's still in the What's Hot section on the AppStore.

I will of course keep my eye on any updates, and can't wait to see the future of this game and any other games these awesome, active devs make!

15. LittleBobby

Oct 31, 2010
    Thanks fot he kind word! And good job on your achievement! :p

All I can say is, stay sharp for the next update if you want to stay at the top of the leaderboard.

16. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Congrats Llamaentity! It's an accomplishment indeed. I recognize what you say: I play something else and quit after a while because I think: Why am I playing this when I could be playing Bobbing instead :)

Wonder how long that will last though, because some of the last few levels were seriously tough. Did other people have as much trouble with level 86 as I had? I did finish it, so I know how to do it - but not really. It felt more like luck than anything else and I still fail at the beginning part almost all the time. There is no muscle memory at all for that level, unlike most other levels where once I get a part, I can usually play it again and when I mess up it feels like my own fault.

17. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    If 86 is the one with all the jagged edges, it's not actually random luck. There is one place where you need to make a jump you think you can't make... but you can. And it makes life a whole lot easier. Took me a while to figure it out.

18. JoOfDeath

JoOfDeath Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Animator
    Hey, I just wanted to say thank you all for playing Bobbing. A lot of people is playing the game right now and the cool thing is, Its all started here, in this forum.

I ve made some cool level for the next update, and i ve been testing them for some days, hope you like them.

I go back to dark souls now!

19. Llamaentity

Llamaentity Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2013
    @LittleBobby: thanks! Looking forward to it.

@lena: thanks also! For me, it was mostly some of the levels in the mid 90s that it took sometimes more than 30 minutes to finish (while semi-watching tv). 86 did have some tricky parts, though. The main parts throughout that really gave me any issues were times when you had to color swap quickly, but if you tap too fast, it doesn't make the second color swap happen :c

Cool XD Glad you're able to find time to play one of the best games of this generation! Some time to play and enjoy yourself is a must for anyone imo c:

20. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    This Game is killing me softly. Ha Ha.