Universal Bobbing - [Little Bobby Games]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LittleBobby, Feb 28, 2013.

1. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Just got the update on Android. Now the game is decently playable. Easier levels aren't all that easy (though they must be I suppose if you already gold starred all 86 classic levels!), but they should have been right here from the start cause the classic ones can be quite daunting.

I PMed the devs and am looking forward to a level skip feature. Reason is, the level structure isn't balanced in classic mode. I played some tough ones in Level 20~, but then later on there are some REALLY easy ones. The difficulty on the easy pack seems more balanced and linear which is good (played 30 levels in one seating!).

As for discussion about Polara, the dev said he was glad this turned out to be nothing like Polara. Well, as a fan of both games, Bobbing and Polara may be quite different, but what (to me) makes them comparable is the level design. Near-perfect (varied, original, thought-provoking and brain-damaging!) in both cases. Pre-update, Polara would have taken it, but now with the easy pack it is neck and neck (though maybe Polara just edges it cause everything flows so well, unlike Bobbing).

The saddest part is that both Bobbing and Polara, while possessing two of the best level designs for mobile games, are not commercially successful. Both have no f*cking IAPs, are fun to play, polished....yet all those IAP/freemium whiners don't put their money where it's worth.

Sad to have seen the Polara dev demoralized and seemingly not wanting to continue making mobile games on his own, and I think the same fate could befall the guys behind Bobbing. If you want to go and do derivative games that the masses seem to like after this filled with IAPs, I have no problems cause you gave the preemium and original route a chance. And gave us Bobbing in the process.

PS: I realize that there was a round ball character previously. Any chance we can have a choice to select that? The current character seems a bit out of place.

2. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    BUG ALERT!

Level 39 (easy pack) is unplayable. It seems like an empty level. Whenever Little Bobby spawns, he just falls into the abyss.

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    wow... that behind the scenes vid is GREAT!!! Thank you guys for sharing it!

4. JoOfDeath

JoOfDeath Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Animator
    Yeah, sorry about that, update now, it should be fixed.

5. LittleBobby

LittleBobby Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2010
    As for the skip level thing, we are working on that today and rest of the week to bring it asap!

For the ball character we will be implememting a way to play different model eventually. We had a meeting and a lot of thing to implement so we are not done yet :p Even if we don't have success we will be updating for some time.

6. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    I am :( that there is no victory screen!!!

7. LittleBobby

Oct 31, 2010
    Because there's no end to the game! I might do a little something, because I dont like sad face O K.

8. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    How, no I was probably joking.

What I mean by victory screen anyway is like if I complete the 45 easy levels, have something like "Congrats for conquering the Easy mode. Now on to the more fiery stuff". Something simple, a message, not a whole new victory screen with special animations etc :)

9. LittleBobby

Oct 31, 2010

I was too XD But I know what you mean. I already have an idea just so much thing to add! Argggg. :p

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    What's the status of the update on iOS? I'm really keen to get into it as soon as it's released so I can get that elusive place on top of the leaderboard. ;)

11. LittleBobby

Oct 31, 2010
    Been sent Friday night, usually takes 5-7 days. But don't worry,TA will be the first to know, I will post as soon as I get the confiramtion email. Just get ready! :p
    By the way, it took 24 hours for someone on Android to finish the update everything 100%. :( I guess it wasn't hard enough BUT (it is), I think he is some kind of double headed mutant guy so he doesn't count.

12. LittleBobby

Oct 31, 2010
    #112 LittleBobby, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    Hey guys! Good news! The update is LIVE.

1.2 new stuff:
    -14 New Levels for Classic mode
    -45 New "Easy" Level
    -Tweaks and minor fix
    -Gamecenter auto-login :p

As I said, first to 100% from TA gets a nice travel mug if you want. We have sometimes cool coming next and more levels of course! You can request stuff now! (I know iCloud :p)

Have fun and stay tuned! ^^

13. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Fantastic update, thanks! I really appreciate having some more easy levels to play. It serves as motivation to get back to those classic levels that I am struggling with.

14. Llamaentity

Llamaentity Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Thanks for the update! I'm still working on the original levels, perfect up until level 42 so far. Still loving it and it's a great game for both when I only have a few minutes and for when I have much longer to really work on a couple levels ^.^

15. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #115 Echoseven, Mar 13, 2013
    So hey, um....

*cough*

24 hours, you say?

Why so long? :cool:

16. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Mate, whatever you're on, save some for me! :p

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    You guys need to make an Endless Runners group and hold competitions. =oP

18. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    It is ridiculous that after the Game a center login fix, there are still only 50 or so folks on the leaderboards for such a great game! I would love to see this get some review attention from the TA folks.

19. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    Let's start a petition.

20. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    #120 copaeci, Mar 13, 2013
    only 38 players on my leaderboard... so sad :(

anyway, is the easy pack's score included in classic score on leaderboard?
    if yes, i'll finish the easy pack first.. :D

edited: seems my game center doesn't load properly, it has 55 players actually :)