Universal Bobbing - [Little Bobby Games]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LittleBobby, Feb 28, 2013.

1. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    Awesome!! You bet your ass I want it, I'll enjoy my coffee with style. I'm PMing my address now. Can't wait for the update

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I have perfect scores through level 15 (which seems like an accomplishment to me), so I can't imagine how anyone has perfectly completed all of the levels already. Congratulations!

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Just wait till you see the last level!

Congrats, you lucky dude! ;)

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I have 3 levels to go. Gonna watch the football then get on it. Wish me luck. :p

5. Llamaentity

Llamaentity Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Good luck XD I'm jealous, also only through 15 levels but we'll see if I can fix that some tonight :p

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Thanks!

Aaaaand 86 levels perfected. :)

@Jo and Marc

I understand why you guys are selling your game at such a low price. But I just hope you know that most of us who have played Bobbing know that it is worth a whole lot more, even without the extra levels and features through updates.

Thanks, guys. Awesome game.

7. Llamaentity

Llamaentity Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Grats! And I second what he said about the game's value. More people need to try this out DX

A small suggestion for the devs, not sure if it would help spread the word about this hidden gem, but what about adding small optional buttons in the corner of the level select screen for Facebook and Twitter? So when you click them it will make a post/tweet about your progress (or something like what level you just finished) with a link included to the game's AppStore page or your website?

Just a thought for another small way that might make it easier for players to get some friends to see the game ^.^

8. LittleBobby

LittleBobby Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Yeah, we kinda hesitated about that, but we prefer having more people playing the game then the other way, we know how hard it is in this sea of game to even reach a decent number of people. A least we already got you guys. We will try to push a bit more for review when the update release with some stuff we were requested.

But all those comment are so kind, it give us motivation!

9. readysetretro

readysetretro Well-Known Member

This game is fantastic. But only 25 people in Game Center? Please tell me you are selling better than 25 copies

10. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
  11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I think GC integration is bugged. My score doesn't appear.

12. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    It only logs people into GC that click the in-game icon, which is why there are only 25. The next update is fixing that I think...

13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I click, still no score.

14. LittleBobby

Oct 31, 2010
    #94 LittleBobby, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    Well, right now we are polishing the game with your feedback so we didn't even send the game to any reviewer/website, or talk in other forum etc. We got like no coverage too but don't know if it's because they don't like it or never heard of it, like Kotaku or other big blog. We got some good review over Germany and Indonesia so it might help. We didn't sold much right now even if everybody seems to like it but well, it can take time I guess. We maybe got 2000 dl on the free version, maybe 10000 download of our APK on android :/ Android security is a real problem but we were more focused on IOS sale anyway.

But we actually get a really good conversion rate on IOS. We just don't get too much download of the free version because we are far in the rankings.

And if you guys could put a score, if not already did, on the App Store it could help too maybe XD

It's weird Royce. First time hearing about GC score not being sent. All I could say now is, if you can wait until the patch sometimes next week it should be fixed. Hence the 25 people in the leaderboard :p

15. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Bought the game today and I have to say I'm quite impressed with everything the music the level designs and the gameplay my only complain is the lack of achievements in GC other than that the game is amazing :)

16. JoOfDeath

JoOfDeath Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Animator

Thx! Yeah we are thinking about acheivement, maybe some news about later.

Bobbing 1.2 is coming soon, we are in testing right now!

17. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Really looking forward to the update!
    I don't understand how some of you got those super high scores. Seriously. Your brains must work so differently than mine.

Little Bobby: I would love it if you could share some details about your level design. Do you draw them on paper first? How does that look? What things did you learn from the first version, which you now say wasn't as good? Not looking for lots of detail, I understand you're busy making games, as you should :) It's just that the level design in Bobbing really stands out and I would love to learn a bit more about how it came to be.

18. LittleBobby

Oct 31, 2010
    #98 LittleBobby, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    @lena, you will be pleased to see that we made a How We Do our stuff video prior to the release of Bobbing that I will now share with you :p For the first version I could say that, with time, we managed to find new way to mess with your ability to manage two thing at a time. The very first level didn't really have puzzle elements and was actually pretty hard but maybe that's because we s*ck*d. Then we brought Portals and Reversal into the mix to mess things up and that was pretty effective. But there's always way to make crazy level without all that, the funniest thing to add in is a pattern you get use to and then BAM, not the last one. And then you're like those son of a b*tch. I say that to myself when I screw up my own stuff XD

By the way, update is now live!! on Android.... So, in a week for us! So a quick recap.
    -14 new levels for the classic pack
    - 45 new easy levels for the easy pack
    - Auto-Login GameCenter :p
    - New leaderboard

TRAVEL MUG FOR THE FIRST TO GET 100% (Except THOT hahahah, yours is on the way) !! Like those: Mug

Didn't have time to check out iCloud but will surely be in the next one.

P.S. We even have plan to release our editor on our website where you can make and test your level and send it to us so we can add it in a community pack but that's a secret ;) And we need more follower :(

19. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    wow... that would be great.... wanna try it soon.... i already like bobbing's page on fb, n also become your follower ;)

20. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Awesome! What a great video. Thanks for sharing it. It's very nice to get a bit of a behind-the-scenes look.

The puzzle element is what I like most about Bobbing. If you're looking for achievement ideas for an update down the road I think a few achievements like "finish a level without picking up any bonus items" would be lots of fun (don't think that is currently possible, but you get the idea). I always like it when achievements have ways to mix up the gameplay.
    Yay!
    Oh :(
    I guess it won't be long now though. I'm a bit stuck now, so I look forward to the easier levels.

I wonder if other people can visualize an entire level? I think that would really help.
    That sounds great!