Universal Bobbing - [Little Bobby Games]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LittleBobby, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Thank you for the planned updates! Also, I was wondering if you guys would consider adding a 'skip level' option? I can see many players being unable to progress due to being stuck on a particular level. :)

2. JoOfDeath

JoOfDeath Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Animator
    Yes definitely, we talked about that a fews days ago with the team. It's somethnig we gonna have to do. I would have liked to have that during my first playthrough during the boss fight in AnorLondo in Dark Souls. People who played the game will understand :) You know... Ornstein and Smough

3. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Ah, I see. So because you couldn't skip in Dark Souls, that's why you make us suffer with the insane levels! :p

Thank you for considering the "skip level" option. :)

4. JoOfDeath

JoOfDeath Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Animator
    Cool, I think you gonna love the easy pack coming soon. My girlfriend is playing them right now, she is part of the final approuval with other guys on the team. She have just find an issue (while I was writing right now) ,I have to go back and check that :)

5. JoOfDeath

JoOfDeath Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Animator
    The funny thing is... I hated to die in a game. I used to play Half life 2 on easy just to passes the game without dying. I bought Dark Souls and I just can't stop playing and it change everything. I think I passed the game 12 times :). And now super meat boy... the cotton alley and the dark world are so damn hard and fun, same think with bit trip runner.

6. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    It wasn't easy that's for sure. If possible I want to beat every level 100%. Like Andy said I think skipping a level would definitely help. Level 66 was my ornstein & smough but I finally got through it after a good 50 deaths or so. Definitely check out sunshine it's a good iOS game for us masochistic gamers

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #47 Echoseven, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    I have to say, the level design in this game is incredible. The more I play, the more in awe I am with your prowess as developers/ level designers. I mean, what you've got here is an incredible game, but every level I come across is beautifully challenging and interesting.

Well done, guys. Well done. Stellar job.

8. Need to take a look at this, just noticed it in the GotW thread. I like Repulze and polara, so will download the lite version. Coolness

9. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I just came here to ask that :)
    Great to see that that will be coming.

10. JoOfDeath

JoOfDeath Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Animator

Wow thx, you know the first 74 levels I did for Bobbing wasnt really good. I had to learn what was working what wasnt... Delete mostlyeverything and start again, it's hard for the pride:).

I think you guys will like the easy pack even if its easier. Lots a puzzle element to get every bonus.

11. JoOfDeath

JoOfDeath Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Animator
    #51 JoOfDeath, Mar 4, 2013
    I dowloaded it. Ill give it a try today.

And already 742000 points. I'm impress!

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, I completely agree with what Echoseven said. It's funny, because the immediate thing most of us in this thread related this to was Polara, right? Once you forget the polarity aspect of both games, it's pretty easy to stop comparing them...until you compare the level design. I've always considered Polara to have some of the most ingenious level design in iOS gaming, if not gaming as a whole and it's just crazy to say that the level design in Bobbing is equal (maybe even better? ;)) to that of Polara!

Between the level design, the music (Hello? I'm a frickin' metalhead and I can't stop bobbing my head to those damn tracks) and just how simple, friendly and inviting the game is (which is quite devious since the levels are so deliciously hard at times), Bobbing is borderline perfection.

Jo, deleting most of the previous levels probably was the best thing to ever happen to Bobbing. This is just flat-out incredible and you and all of Little Bobby Games should be patting yourselves on the back. :)

13. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #53 Echoseven, Mar 4, 2013
    I'm catching up to him real quick! ;)
    Need sleep though...

I do have one very slight complaint - the music transitions. The tracks are amazing and it's the music that makes 50% of the game for me when I'm about to give up a level, but the transitions between them are kinda... Not there.

Actually, speaking of the Polara comparison, a lot of my deaths are due to me subconsciously mistaking how the red and blue work. In Polara being the same color as an object will let you touch it, while being the opposite lets you pass through unhindered. In Bobbing, it's the opposite and sometimes leaves me a little confused.

14. JoOfDeath

JoOfDeath Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Animator
    #54 JoOfDeath, Mar 4, 2013

I didn't know the exitence of Polara. When I saw the game the game a few week ago I start getting nervous about the similarity. I was sweating a little bit. I bought it and was happy it wasnt exactly the same. It's really a fun game.

Thats the kind of comment that make me work more at night :) thx. We really happy that DJ SIGMAO let's us use his tunes. Pretty soon you will be able to download new track.

15. JoOfDeath

JoOfDeath Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Animator
    Your complaint is justified. Your right about the music. This is something we couldn't do something in time about it, but we will look on that in the futur.

16. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I agree with everyone, it's really unique and fun. From a seemingly simple idea you're able to get a lot out of it. I know it's just a small thing but I love how the music is integrated into the gameplay.

17. LittleBobby

LittleBobby Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2010
    #57 LittleBobby, Mar 4, 2013
    Hey guys, I'm back from my ultra busy weekend, that's why I couldn't answer very much and Jo came.

Glad to see more people are enjoying the game :p Too bad we didn't start the thread earlier, maybe more people would've voted for us on the GOTW but it's already great that we were nominated!

I just wanted to make a follow up on what was requested and what we are doing. I will add what is coming in the next patch on the first post, but I'll start here, please let me know if I forgot something I said we would do!

Next Update:
    - 14 New levels in the Classic Pack
    - Adding Pack selection
    - 45 New levels for the Easy Pack
    - GameCenter auto-login
    - iCloud support

Future Update/Request:
    - Skip Level Button
    - Endless Mode
    - Medium Pack
    - Extreme Pack

18. LittleBobby

Oct 31, 2010

As Jo said, the last 14 level will follow the current progression, which mean they're going to be cream of the cream in term of challenge :p And a good example of what's coming in the Extreme Pack.

As for your question about the difficulties, it is only in the pack selection that will see a difference, no level will be altered, only fresh new levels designed to be in a specific difficulties.

19. LittleBobby

Oct 31, 2010
    Ok, only copaeci seems to have answered me but,

but would like to have a Global Score that include every level pack score or have separated score with different leaderboard. Wich mean that probably everyone will have 100% on the easy pack since it's really easy.

And if we keep the score global you will have to do ALL of them to have the highest score, even the easy one :p

I will start a vote soon.

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Theres a couple games that have boards for separate level packs, and a total score leaderboard. Would that be an option? Or does it have to be one or the other?