Universal Bobbing - [Little Bobby Games]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LittleBobby, Feb 28, 2013.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Right on! Great to hear it! =oD

And yeah... I probably should have waited until I got further into the game to comment on the difficulty as a whole. Right now, I'm only on stage 26, and have only perfected stages 1-14. But I will definitely let you know when I reach the end. =oD

2. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    This is one of the most addictive games I've played on iOS, it is challenging but I think the difficulty level is juuuust right!! After countless deaths I'm 33 levels in with 31 golds, never felt like a death was cheap just my own mistake, the controls are perfect, the music is hypnotic... It's flawless! Easily my GOTY so far

3. JoOfDeath

JoOfDeath Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Animator
    Hi there! I'm wasn't suppose to write stuff here, basically because my english is not really good.

After seeing all the great comments here I had to write something. My name is Jonathan and I'm doing the level/game design too on Bobbing.

There are great stuff coming out soon, and right now I'm working on those stuff. Easy pack is gonna be awesome (30 levels now like you now) and I'm working tonight and this week end on new levels for the pack.

Like Marc said (LittleBobby here), comments are welcome and some of your comments could happen in the game.

Btw , the reason behind the difficulty level is a lot because I was playing too much Dark Souls and Super meat boy during the process .:)

MArc is doing some hardcore one. Prepare to die!

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Wow, I hope you guys have more games coming cause this one is great. Did I say great, I'm sorry, it's incredible. For a first game, you nailed it. Tale some elements from Gravity Guy and add in Polara and then a splash of They Need to be Fed and you have this wonderful game. And those who like a challenge will find big stinkin' piles of it. I can see myself getting immersed in this and loosing a few afternoons. Thank you for a great experience and please keep them coming. What a great week this has been.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Ridiculously good. Like, "holy crap this is good" good! :p I hope this gets the attention it deserves...it's too frickin' fantastic to go unnoticed. Little Bobby Games, as far as I'm concerned, you guys are developers to look out for now...I see big things in your future. :)

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    My iPod appears to be broken. I'm only seeing 13 players on Game Center. Please say it isn't so. I will give up gaming right this freakin' second!

7. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    that because the game doesn't have auto log-in feature into GameCenter...

8. woutibara

woutibara Active Member

Jan 15, 2011
    This game and Toy Story Smash It really made my week

9. LittleBobby

LittleBobby Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Hahahahhah .... yea. Shame on us. It's gonna be a surprise in the next update I guess, to see how many player are there.

Also, a question for you all, would you prefer that the global score include every package score except endless or each pack with his own leaderboard?

10. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    for me, i prefer global score include every package leaderboard and another leaderboard for endless score... n would be better if you can add some achievements too .. :)

11. Bi88les

Bi88les Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Fantastic game. Reminds me of 'Hexagon' too, it's as addictive and as fun to play!
    Great game guys!
    Instabuy!

12. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Just got gold on level 26 after many attempts. I think I need to lie down for a week or 2 before I attempt any more. :p

13. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    Bobbing has been nominated, alongside 9 other games in the
    TouchArcade Forums [thread=180060]Game of the Week![/thread]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What's your favorite? Who will win? [thread=180060]VOTE NOW[/thread]!

(as a reminder, developers are not allowed to vote if their game is in the poll)

14. JoOfDeath

JoOfDeath Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Animator
    #34 JoOfDeath, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
    It can be quite a difficult challenge :) . I have just finished 40 levels for the easy pack (or maybe normal level I should say). It's coming in the next update! So You will be able the play them before tackling the rest.

Edit: OMG !!!! game of the week nomination! Incredible! Ok I think I'm gonna add 5 more levels for the easy pack!

15. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Haha, congrats! It's very well deserved indeed!

I didn't take my own advice and I'm currently on 31 perfect levels. This is right up there with Spunk and Moxie for difficulty, maybe even more so. But easy or hard, it means little if the game doesn't have quality, and Bobbing has it in spades.

16. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    Made it to level 64 and this game is really getting insane... In a good way. Dark Souls indeed. I'm obsessed. I understand that you guys are releasing more levels to reach 100 but I don't understand the difficulty levels; is it going to be an option that alters the levels or are you labeling the existing levels? The more I play the more I'm in awe of the quantity AND quality of levels. Each level seems to be lovingly hand crafted. For me this the only other game on iOS up there with Sunshine by morbidware. I hope you guys are successful because I want more!!!

17. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Finished the lite version. Bought the full version as a thanks for the wonderful lite version (no irritating ads, enough levels to really try out the game) and because of your promise for an easier level pack. Let's see how far I get :)

18. JoOfDeath

JoOfDeath Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Animator
    Hey you beat me, I was the number 1 on Game center :) .

We are just adding 14 levels to reach 100. But this is the real hardcore one. Insane! eye bleeding levels! It's gonna fit the progression of the level you played. Thx for the comment! I don't know Sunshine, Ill give it a try.

19. JoOfDeath

JoOfDeath Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Animator
    #39 JoOfDeath, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
    I'm glad to say that the easy level pack is done! I have just finished working on it. I've been working on the new levels for 2 weeks now, just a few minors tweak to do. 45 news pretty cool levels. Ill try to make it to 100 levels in futur updates.

Edit: Btw , I hope you guys understand my writing, my english is quite bad :). Second language for me.

Oh and thx Andy C83. We really want to improve the game, adding new mode and new pack.

20. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I was only able to get through 5 levels in the Lite version before I had no choice other then to smash the buy button. Well done, LBG!