BoardBox Donates to Charity!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by movile, Sep 18, 2010.

1. movile

movile Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Hi there everyone! These past few weeks have been quite hectic, with BoardBox going through a transfer from Chillingo over to Movile's account in iTunes. What that means, unfortunately, is that our existing users will have to repurchase BoardBox in order to continue enjoying the game, but we have hopefully come up with a win-win-win situation in the meantime. Here goes:

Win: You are able to continue to enjoy the updates that come along over the next few months, whereas sticking with the original version you purchased will unfortunately mean that the version you have right now is the last one you'll get :( So get to buying that new version now and you'll read below how you're actually benefiting the world, and not just Movile!

Win: We are going to be donating our proceeds from any re-purchases of BoardBox to a few different charitable organizations for the entire months of September and October. All you have to do is purchase BoardBox again, and let us know emailing [email protected]. The plan right now is to donate to the Cancer Society and Red Cross, but please let us know if you have another charity in mind and we'll see what we can do.

Win: Your continued support allows us to continue developing BoardBox and our other titles (including an upcoming release of Theme Park Madness) so that we can keep delivering games to the App Store for your enjoyment!

Bonus Win: We're not unveiling any official features just yet, but I would personally like to let you all know that there are a bunch of updated features coming to BoardBox very soon, including iPad Game Center support (including leaderboards and achievements), among many other things.

See you soon!

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thanks movile.

I purchased it again. Excellent job with multiple board games, and great graphics. Thanks for being supportive of both these organizations. They both do a great job and ACS only has about 10% admin costs and Red Cross is only about 6% admin - so most of the money goes to where it needs to go.

3. movile

movile Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Thanks for your continued support, pluto6!

4. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    I bought the game again, but I don't like all these indecisions with devs to join a publisher then pulled out later to make their own names at the expense of customers. There are simply too many cases like this.

5. movile

movile Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Squeaker, I've added your purchase to the donation list.

Unfortunately, the terms with the publisher were not making sense for us as a development house. We are unable to talk about specifics due to Non-Disclosure Agreements, but it just didn't allow us to put out the product we wanted to. This way, we can focus on updates and getting them out on our own schedule (i.e.: much faster than with a third party).

Thanks for your understanding.