iPad Blueprint 3D - (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Danbo!

Danbo! New Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Hey,

Bloody love this game. Finished it through pretty quick and then went back and got all stars and achievements. That wasnt enough so I'm going back and trying to complete each level in 3 seconds or less! Managed a good few 2 second levels and even a couple of 1s too. Currently at no 3 overall on the leader board, was at no 1 last night and want it back!

Just wondering what the music is behind the architecture level? And who drew all the blueprints? They're spectacular! As an architect who works mainly in 3ds max I found the game a little on the easy side but I've seen other non-technical people play it and take minutes to finish a level, so I think there's plenty of content for most.

Great work!

2. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Just starting out...though sometimes it seems like I got it right but am just missing a little. A small tweak/push later and I solved it. I wonder how much leeway do we get?

3. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    Bugs, Tips, Ideas...APPLAUSE!

Hey guys at FDG...WOW! you guys rock, I thought you nailed it with Blosics. Blueprint 3D is just amazing.

Can't applaud you guys enough, love this awesome title. Production values are incredible. Brillant combination of the thrill of discovery (of what the item is) with the feeling of accomplishment for getting 3-stars. Awesome!

First I found a minor bug: lost audio. I had this issue when starting the game again, not during game play. I was able to toggle sound effects on/off and they came back, but the music didn't until I shut down the game (and cleared it from the App Switcher bar) then re-started. Only happened once.

Now my ideas:

Endurance (Endless Mode): Unlock this mode when you complete the original level packs (could even have a mode for each level pack). You start with 3-minutes and then game randomly picks existing puzzles that you have to complete. Keep score by how many puzzles you complete (getting 3-stars on a level gives you more time, 1-star is a time penalty). See where I'm going with this? Could be an awesome mode. Leaderboards based on levels completed.

Also, keep the level packs generalized enough for all users. I kinda chuckle (no offense) at some of the specific "spin-off" ideas I've seen here, they turn me off because they're too specialized.

I do love the idea of Animal, Aquatic, Dinosour packs. That's cool. You could also do Insect and Fine Art.

Would be really killer is a level creator (if thats even possible) take a photo from my camera roll (like my portrait), create a line-art version, then make that into a Blueprint 3D level that I could send to my friends. Making this game more social should be important, Twitter and Facebook integration coming?

Again, awesome job guys, I couldn't wait to buy this game and you have my full and complete support. I've been a long time TA reader, this game inspired me to register to comment, thanks FDG!

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wow this game's awesome.... :D

5. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    just bought it...so I spent 10 bucks in 10 days oh yeah

6. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Really enjoying this but I think it gives us just a little too much of a helping hand in finishing it off when we're close. Firstly, there have been a few I solved and, really, I didn't feel like I deserved it and, secondly, I'd love to get to be able to enjoy that 'aha!' moment myself before the game awards me a victory. If it waited until we were that bit closer and, even then, with a little delay, I think it might feel that bit more satisfying.

But it's a good concept, with a great look. Works really well.

7. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

#67 Future777, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
    Wow, so many ideas and great feedback! Thanks so much !

@Danbo!: Thanks for sharing your positive thoughts about the game assets like music and graphics. They were all done by dev team members and I´ll forward this to motivate them even more ;)

WOW! I´m unworthy ;)

@Timeggers: GREAT ideas! I have a good feeling that we´ll see (at least some of them) in later versions of the game. :):D

Again @everyone: Thanks for supporting us with your purchase and feedback.

8. Dolphin Launcher

Oct 20, 2011
    I love all of TimEgger's ideas and would love to see them in later versions of the game. Especially adding new categories like animals, insects, and fine art.

I agree that there isn't a whole lot of replay value once you finished all the levels, but there is so much potential with this game that I'm definitely going to follow this one for a loooong time :)

9. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    thanks to you guys, at least a wonderful puzzle game... and not the same old soup!!!

10. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    It's on the App Store's featured page. Well deserved.

11. RodmanSan

RodmanSan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Project Management Architect
    E-Troid, the Netherlands
    Why not universal...?

12. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Achievements seem wonky? I couldn't get the one for complete a level in less than 2secs to pop even when I have levels that are completed in 1 sec and 0 sec. (0sec? A bug?) Also, for example, the tutorial pack. I completed in 0, 0, 2, 1 secs but the total is still showing 5secs. How long does it take to 'refresh'?

PS: I second the wallpaper idea mentioned earlier.

13. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Hi Future777.
    I don't agree with your market strategy.
    iPhone version is only 0,79€
    iPad version is 2,39.

At least you could make iPad version universal. 2,39€ and we play it on iPhone and iPad.
    Difference price between 2 version is too high, at the end the game is the same... Not special effect for iPad 2 or other differences...
    If you make universal version at 2,39 i will buy it instantly.
    And, of course, adding support for iCloud sync accross devices.

14. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Considering getting this what are the pros and cons?

15. TimEggers

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    Pros are its a incredible fun and fresh gameplay concept. The multi-touch is silky smooth and excellent. This game really combines the thrill of discovering what the actual item is (you know the theme but not each item) with a rewarding sense of accomplishment with a star rating system. Add trophys and achievements and it's the total package.

Cons: None really. Not universal. Perhaps on the short side (updates with more levels and game modes(?) coming soon).

Frankly grab this title! It's in my top list for iOS puzzlers. It's fantastic.

16. TimEggers

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    ModMyi Review 5/5!

modmyi.com just posted a review!

"Blueprint 3D (iPhone and iPod touch)
    Price: 99¢
    Author: FDG Entertainment
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    You can download it here.

Blueprint 3D HD (iPad only)
    Price: $2.99
    Author: FDG Entertainment
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    You can download it here.

If you plan on grabbing this awesome game while it's hot, leave a comment below!"

Full review here: http://modmyi.com/content/5900-review-blueprint-3d-iphone-ipod-touch.html

Much deserved, this game is really great! Thanks FDG!

17. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Awesome! :) Thanks @TimEggers for the great support.

@dadiduekappa: We consider this for future releases.
    @kzwen: did you get the achievement already? Or is it still locked?

cheers! Enjoy the week-end everyone. ^^

18. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BLUEPRINT 3D is one of the nominees for Touch Arcade Game of the Week.

Do you like this clever and unique rotational puzzle game?
    If you think BLUEPRINT 3D deserves to be the winner of TAGOTW, give it your vote now!

[thread=112918]VOTE HERE[/thread]

19. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    I think the production values on this game are top notch, but I feel like I am missing something.

I have played about 6 or 7 levels, and it feels very trial and error to me. Its possible I am just not understanding the depth of it, but it doesn't seem like there is a strategy to solving this. Its just sort of rotating until the object starts to come together and then just refining until its done. Kind of dull to me.

Am I missing what makes this game great?

20. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    It's still locked..