iPad Blueprint 3D - (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

You don´t need to worry about timing. It´s just a bonus and you´ll never get less than 1-star (all levels and all content will unlock)

2. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Wow, this game is super fun and surprisingly addicting! I'm plowing through the architecture levels fairly quickly and instinctively clicking on to the next level without thinking haha. I've also been replaying the levels to get 3 stars in them all which is really enjoyable to do once you know the object. Definitely not one of those games where the clock is frustrating and out to get you. And a whole ton of levels. VERY highly recommended game. Great job FDG!

3. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    these games always end up being easy cause there is always a trick. once you figure it out(like how to line up stars in Starlight)...the rest is.....meh. but good luck with the game. it looks great.

4. Future777

Patreon Studio

I´m glad you´re enjoying this app - thanks for sharing your positive impressions :)

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  6. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Pretty fun game so far... A little tough but I think I will get used to it. Well worth the dollar - one cent.

Not liking the awards/trophies page.. it looks too kiddish (in a good way).

7. Future777

Patreon Studio

Thanks for supporting us, 5duc29. I'm glad you're enjoying the game.

@everyone: We're open for level pack proposals, please let us know about categories of interest for you! BTW: A Xmas level pack is in the works for the next update :)

What do you think about adding educational content like dinosaurs, history, etc? Feel free to share all your thoughts ^^

8. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Makes sense to add an educational content ;) This game is for all ages and I think everyone will love it. Underwater theme? Floral theme? Mini-FDG games theme?

9. HairyPotter

HairyPotter Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    #29 HairyPotter, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
    FDG, you are getting more and more to be one of my favourite iOS game developers, you are doing such a great job :) I really like the trailer for this game also, very well done always your trailers. Others look also on the Kryzer Prologue trailer with it's crazy deep movie trailer voice over, so cool :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-JuoZ5DAWE&feature=player_embedded - By the way, why isn't Kryzer Prologue anymore in the app store? :(

I enjoy this game very much, it is so much fun, the "blaupause" artwork style is nicely done and fits perfectly.

Where you inspired by the iOS game Touch Magic?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/touch-magic/id325671881?mt=8

I recommend this games to fans of Blueprint 3D, but have to say Blueprint 3D is the more polished and sophisticated game.

But until FDG adds more levels in future updates (the current amount is quite high, but such great addictive game you are DYING to complete), Touch Magic might be a welcome addition to yours app portfolio.

My ideas for future level packs:

(Really) Crazy steampunk objects (for reference look in Bioshock game-objects for ideas, or imagine weird 19th century sci-fi elements, or Warehouse13 objects). You also could give the steampunk blueprint a fitting different artwork style, as if they where found in an old museum, old yellow/brown colors etc. Heck Warehouse13 it's a perfect idea for a colaboration, go ask the producers of that show if they are interested :D

Shoe pack - create etravagant shoes, with bellys or other objects attached, sophisticated ornaments.

Hat pack - look at those crazy french style shows with the models crazy hats, they are sometimes very complicated designed, feel inspired :D

Prospect / illustration style - of the 80s ? or was it the 90s dunno, look the music video "Eple - Remind Me", in this game of course every print in that style should have unified color.

Where is waldo prints, but not with people but with complex buildings or machinerys, overloaded with little and more little than that objects.

Famous city points / tourist atractions - More complicated than the Eifel Tower in your game, that has no objects or scenery attached, meaning for future scene points more of a bird view high above with added environments.

Bunker hideouts - Crazy underground layouts with funny elements, underground pool, billiard room, more funny luxury or else ideas thinkable. Bunker in movies often well designed and from their design complicated enough to be an design idea for you.

10. HerbertKornfeld

HerbertKornfeld Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008

“An alien intelligence has got to be more advanced, and that means efficiency functioning on multiple levels… and in multiple dimensions.”

- S. R. Hadden
    Contact (1997)

note: jump to 4m40s on the embed, or click here.

11. HairyPotter

HairyPotter Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    #31 HairyPotter, Nov 10, 2011
    Imagine a seperate Warehouse13 spin off game OMG :) You would have to restore famous Warehouse13 objects prints, or extra new ones.where before every print your iPhone display transforms into a Farnsworth Communicator, and for example artie calls you and gives you the task to restore this plan he found because he needs that object or a special message for that current object print. Heck the actor could do great voice over for that part of the game, display of the Farnsworth either animated character with his voice or real video recorded (doesn't have to be the full screen resolution, less space, maybe 10-15 seconds messages as print intros).

Imagine before every print you have to solve, to get a quick 5-15 seconds Farnsworth message, you could do all sorts of humorous dialogue with that stuff, it adds a total different layer to the game, would be so much fun!

You could do even special updates before a new season or before new episodes, so that you complete several prints of an object before the episode airs on TV, so to be as an episode preview, instead of a typical spot preview, and when you have restored it you can browse it in the menu , restored objects, with extra information text added on the graphic "This device can to the following" "Beware of this special element function / detail, it does..." etc. Or characters from the show made their remarks on the restored plans in handwriting, could integrate all sorts of Warehouse13 trivia or inside jokes :D

EDIT: And if a W13 collaboration is not going to happen, you could do in a second game a fictional story environment with lots of added side details, information texts, videos, audio. You are a private detective, or an engineer on the hunt/search for something. Astronaut in a space station.

Then you could integrate more gameplay elements, but of course print restoring the main element, but look at adventure games like the 1112 ep or Puzzle Agent, they add so much more mini games than the typical adventure point and clicking.

You could do sort of an adventure game to, with several minigame elements, but mostly print restoring of course, and than on that print additional minigames (besides external other minigames), scratch dirt away to restore details; complete objects due painting lines, circles etc. The gameplay presents you integrated in the story or otherwise, to restore already completed prints because the got cut into pieces, in a Tanagram gameplay. Or before getting further in the gameplay, you have to find a certain detail in "Where is waldo" game mode on the restored print, again meaning not to find a person, but a special graphical detail or object part. Once restored print highly zoomable, "find 5 [xyz] parts".

Or another idea for a minigame, inside the story you travel to a location place, which has a special object in the scenery whose print you restored before. Now on the display you are in a VR 360 degree picture (Could rotate it with the finger, accelerometer or gyro), zoomable at any point of course, the object print is overlaid nearly faded out (or not so much), stays overlaid all times, and you have to find in that 360 scenery the object via print, have to find the right zoom level that overlay print and object itself match dimensions nearly, and of course additional gameplay difficulty via "where is waldo" style.

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just got through the first level pack. Have to say that it's an excellent puzzle game. Not only that, it's creative. It was extremely hard figuring out how to get through the levels at first (the third tutorial level took me forever), but it becomes quite accessible once you figure out how the game works out. If you get stuck, just use the words/numbers that label different parts of the object you're creating to point you in the right direction. For a dollar, this is highly recommended to anyone looking for a very fresh puzzle game.

13. Future777

Patreon Studio

#33 Future777, Nov 10, 2011
    Great ideas that I´ll forward to the team, thank you :)
    I´ll check the thread regularely to grab new ideas that are posted.

Thank you very much, backtothis. I´m glad to hear you like our app and hope you´ll spend many relaxing hours with it. :) We´ll make sure to deliver more levels and interesting images in the future.

@HerbertKornfeld: Wow, that clip was cool, Hollywood´s the first to deliver rotating puzzles. No, sorry - aliens ! :)

@HairyPotter: Great nickname, btw :)
    Kryzer Prologue was buggy with newer OS´s and the development team needed to focus on other things. It will return .

Thank you very much, HP! :)

14. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Hmmm, that explains very well. And as much as I like Pictorial, this game is way beyond it. Have finished the architecture level but I come back to repeat some puzzles as I'm struggling to get 3 stars on every level. There are so much fun with such creative puzzles.
    Love it a lot - it's fantastic!!

15. zedarus

zedarus Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Odessa, Ukraine
    Thanks, Agas! We had fun while working on the game and it's great to see that you are having fun playing it ;-)

@HairyPotter wow, that's a LOT of ideas. Thanks!

16. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    #36 smes3817, Nov 10, 2011
    Well, my time on top of all the leaderboards was short lived ;) Still in the top 5 though!

Finished all the levels with 3-stars and got all achievements (got NOTHING done at work yesterday because of this haha) and had an absolute BLAST playing through. Easily my favorite game of the week and can't wait for more levels.

Edit: And an 'Animals' pack would be great :)

17. Future777

Patreon Studio

Congrats on your ranking, smes3817, and thanks for sharing your positive impressions :) Forwarding your animal-pack wish to the team.

18. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I've been trying to find a puzzle game to play and this looks really interesting. Will have to give it a try.

19. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    A random idea occurs when I'm playing this game so I'll just throw it out in this forum.
    I believe the current blueprint consists of some layers of an object's components that if we rotate in a right way they will compose the shape of the object.
    WHAT IF (with reference to a wonderful IOS game called Tesseract), there's a hardcore mode where we can shift the layers by pinching two fingers in and out. So if we don't get the right layers, the object won't be perfect. We can see the shape but the lines won't be alligned.
    I know it's random and probably can't be made, but an idea is still good. Perhaps FDG can get inspiration from this to expand the game.
    Once again, this game is brilliant. Get it now if you haven't cause you won't get this for free for a long period of months (based on FDG's track record).

20. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Being an engineering student I really love this game! It's so neat to see blueprints of buildings and objects and to solve the puzzles. I'm really having a blast with this! What an innovation this game is! Clever indeed, great job! Can't recommend getting it anymore than I already have it's well worth the buck.