iPad Blue defense or blue attack?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TMAC34, Jan 27, 2009.

1. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    i want one of these games, but im already at the full 9 pages and i dont wanna have to delete a lot of apps. Which one do you prefer, TA users?

2. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    If you have to choose only one, go with Blue Attack!

If you can squeeze both, get both.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Blue Attack is deeper and more complex in terms of gameplay. It's also very polished. I'd go for BA.

4. IFeelLikeANerd

IFeelLikeANerd Active Member

Dec 18, 2008
    I figured that I would buy the first in the series and see how I liked it. Although Blue Defense looks very simple and boring, it is actually very fun. I haven't bought Blue Attack yet, but I will probably get it this weekend because I would like some revenge on the Red Guys.

5. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    I like Blue Attack better. I'd go with it.

6. arono

arono Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Sam's town
    I would say to go with blue attack

7. aprodigalson

aprodigalson Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I've been wary of promoting or denigrating games due to my limited post history as I don't want to present the appearance of having an agenda. I guess I'm about to violate my little rule.

I bought Blue Attack the night it was released and I haven't been able to get enough of it. BA manages to juggle being both pick up and play friendly and offer good depth through the upgrade system. It's just an all around fun game that I would've happily bought on PSN. The gameplay transcends handheld quality. It manages to remind me of playing the atari or coleco when I was a kid and in the same breath remind me of playing Super Stardust on the PS3 (in intensity, not graphics.) I suppose I'm gushing a little bit about the game but it just has a timeless quality to it and I think it's easily worth 5 times its price.

That being said, I bought Blue Defense after so thoroughly enjoying Blue Attack. It just didn't click with me. I probably played it for 30 minutes before diving right back in to BA. I'm not going to say it's a bad game because I don't really think it is. It's just a victim of it's younger siblings success. Attack improves on Defense in every conceivable way. I still view buying Defense as money well spent because I truly believe that Attack is easily worth more than the developer chose to charge for it.

I understand an update is coming to Defense. I welcome any developer that is willing to support 'yesterday's app.'

8. Muzzle

Muzzle Member

Jan 17, 2009
    College Student
    Washington, D.C.
    I enjoyed Blue Defense but it got old quickly. Now having played Blue Attack, I really have no desire to ever play BD again unless the upcoming update is a substantial improvement. Right now there's just no comparison. BA is much more fleshed out in all respects. You're not just shooting from a fixed position round after round like in BD. You're maneuvering around and blasting more varied enemies, dodging kamikazes, customizing your ships with new upgrades after every round, playing through multiple paths in campaign or infinite mode... none of this is found in BD (yet).

9. RobotMonkey

RobotMonkey Active Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Well, I'll be the dissenting voice and say Blue Defense, but really, just plan on buying both, because after playing one, you'll want the other, this I guarantee. These are, in my opinion, two of the best games on the platform, and really, the dealbreaker for me is that I can play Blue Defense one-handed. I smoke, thus, this is quite the benefit. Blue Attack is seriously the best smokebreak game ever. Even beyond that, being in that age bracket, it has a simplicity that calls back to the games of my youth, while still managing to feel fresh. Call me sappy or cliched, or whatever else might come to mind, but yeah, I dig it.

Eh, whatever. Buy either. You'll love it. If after either one, you don't want the other, I just plain don't understand you :p

10. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Attack has more depth to the gameplay, but Defense is a unique experience and a lot of fun.

If you buy one, you'll eventually buy both.

11. VWXYZ

VWXYZ Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Blue Attack pretty clearly! If you are the type having 9 pages of apps I guess you don't mind the ekstra 1 buck for around 10 bucks worth of ekstra content!

12. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    i've seen you posting alot, and each time you've spelled extra wrong...

13. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Personally I enjoy Blue attack more, but Blue defense is still a lot of fun :)

14. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I have to agree with most of the group here. BA is a more full game and is easily one of the best $2 games out there right now. It's a lot of fun and you'll find yourself engrossed in it quickly.

But... plan on making room for a second game because BD is one of the most original games I've played and I still have a good time breaking it out every once in a while (been doing it more since BA came out).

For $3 these two games can keep you busy and happy for a long, long time.

Bob

15. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Lets not be ignorant of other languages. :p

Ekstra is the Danish form of extra.

16. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    Wow, I'm a tad overwhelmed by a topic discussing the relative merits of both my games. :)

So in a week or so, Blue Defense will be updated - this is not a "added version number to the main screen" type of update, no sir - this is a full-on, 2.0 update, with a whole lot of new features.

There's a thread for it if you want to check out what's new, and I didn't even give everything away in that thread yet!

So if you're worried about which one to buy, I'm sorry to say that you're going to have to make that judgement in a week! Blue Defense just got a whole lot better. :)

17. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    Yeah, these two games stretch $3 an awfully long way. :)

Personally, my productivity went waay down after releasing Blue Defense, because I was playing it so much.

For my money, Blue Attack is some good steak & potatoes type gaming. It'll sustain you for a while. Blue Defense is more like a really good snack, like chips or something. You'll keep coming back for it, even though you know its a shameful addiction. :)

Personally, I wouldn't do without either in my day - I need the meals, but when I can, I like to sneak in some snacks!

And of course I'm biased, but really - I make games that *I* want to play. Of course I'm going to like them! :p

18. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    i would go with Blue Attack, just because of depth and gameplay.

19. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Haha looks like I'm getting both!