iPad Blue Attack Challenge

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by writingsama, Mar 9, 2009.

1. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I challenge anyone to best my high score in infinite mode. 8.37 million. come on, it's no fun if no one's trying to best you :-(

2. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    LOLLL is there any prize xD??

3. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    #3 Zincous, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
    I'm sure there are people trying.

Eventually it will happen and you will have to reclaim your title with an even better score later.
    I had this same thing happen to me in my favorite game. But eventually someone will beat that too and I'll have to start up a new game to pass them up.

Just give it time.

4. traonk

traonk Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    student
    earth
    hey writingsama any suggestion how to play blue attack really good? strategy?

thanks

5. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I wrote about it extensively in past Blue attack threads, just do a search :p

6. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    bragging rights :p

7. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I challenge you to defeat my no2 campaign score.

8. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    In a game with online highscores I sometimes lose interest in the game. Why? Because I know that I can't beat the highscore so I stop trying. I play Blue Attack a lot less now that the highscores require over an hour and a half of gameplay. Yeah I could ignore it all but it doesn't really work out. Oh well. Still a great game.

9. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    That's where global ranking data comes in. I want to put a rank in Blue Attack at some point for this exact reason - people don't care if even the daily list only has 10 entries, and they can't see how well they did for scores that aren't in that list.

Also, how would you guys feel if I extended the upgrade path a touch? Right now it maxes out around 5 million resources - if I extended the top-price items (added a higher damage gun upgrade, for example), would you be hurt that your previous scores would be easier to beat? or would you be reinvigorated to try to get higher and higher scores?

10. gootch12

gootch12 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    New Orleans, USA
    #10 gootch12, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
    Hi John.

I will not be hurt if you extend the upgrade path. If you've thought of a way that the game can be better, go ahead and implement it!

But please, don't muck about with perfection too much! (Seriously, your game is so very very good as it is today.)

If you give us the chance to get more powerful weapons etc., will I finally be able to better that one wave!?!

You know, with the dive bombers that charge super-fast towards the blue mothership...THAT stage. Hate it. I get through that level sometimes (I always get through it at the end of the campaign mode), but it is ALWAYS the stage that I die on in infinite.

Sometimes past 3 mil (my current highs are 3.74 mil infinite, 1.1 mil campaign), sometimes much earlier.

But always that stage. Hate it. (I think I love to hate it...but I definitely hate it!) :D

And writingsama, you are clearly a cyborg...or perhaps batman. Because 8.37 million is not the score of a regular human being. :eek::D

11. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    It would be great if there was a new game mode designed for medium length play. Cause right now there are 2 modes, 1 for a really short 7-10 minutes and another for 1 hour+. I wouldn't mind seeing a 20 minute mode.

12. gootch12

Dec 30, 2008
    New Orleans, USA
    @ stanny

I've seen your name on the leaderboards (I believe you were number 1 for a while a few weeks ago?), how do YOU beat the above mentioned wave?

After the group of three circle-faces come in from opposite sides, I know the dive bombers are coming, but...DAMN! :eek:

Of the four I might get one or two, but rarely more...and often less. And sometimes they come in THREE waves...in fairly quick succession.

Brutal.

Any tips?

@writinsama

Do YOU have any specific techniques (your previously posted strategies are great) for fighting that particular level?

13. gootch12

Dec 30, 2008
    New Orleans, USA
    Alright stanny, I heard your challenge. It took me a couple of weeks to beat your score, and then a few more days to beat toshi's...but I did it. I am now the number 1 global high-score holder in campaign! :eek: :D

The score is 1,458,415. (5mins 6.2secs)

It was SO fun...changing my strategy as I got better...re-adopting strategies I had previously dismissed because I tried them before I could pull them off.

I humbly return the challange to you and all of my fellow TAers.

Whatcha all think? You guys still playing BA? Anybody think they can break 1.5 mil? I think it is doable.

Come on...help me find out! :)

14. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Uh, yeah... About that.

15. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Pic?

16. gootch12