iPad Bloons TD 5 - (by Ninja Kiwi)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 14, 2012.

1. rojas2

rojas2 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Some advice

I'm not sure if it too early but does anyone have any suggestions on what upgrades to get with the cash that you earn in game (NOT IAP)?

For those that haven't bought it:
    I've played the game all day today and yesterday and so far, it is exactly what someone would expect from any bloons tower defense game.

One of the biggest differences from 4 is that you can branch when you upgrade and once you get past the equal point (2 upgrades on either side), the other respective branch becomes unavailable.
    On the itunes page, there are many reporting that it crashes, but i have only experienced that twice when the screen got severely bogged down.

If you have the 2.99 or 3.99 and enjoy the series (or TD games), it is an instant purchase because of the sheer amount of gameplay there is, easy, medium, hard, and 2 different games modes on top of that as well.

Just my 2cents.

2. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Uncompressed file size?

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Finally got it today but what about this crashing I hear about?

4. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    On an ipod touch 5 i havent experienced any crashing at all and I'm currently on round 246 of a level. However, due to the massive amounts of bloons that appear in later stages of the game extreme slowdown or crashing is not out of the ordinary.

Rojas- I'd recommend saving up for the supermonkey upgrade, thats what I'm doing atleast

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    This game is tough but love the ranking system and yea super monkey plus upgrade to shoot faster and wider range is a must

6. jps1012

jps1012 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Can you icloud sync with the Ipad version?

7. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    On sale now. I grabbed two :) Hate the art style, hate the childish monkeys-and-balloons theme, never played regular Bloons... and yet I am a Bloons TD junkie! Loved it on the small screen—now I have it on the big.

8. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Picked it up with the sale, I'm enjoying the purchase thus far. It's a solid tower defense game with a ton of different towers and such

9. jps1012

jps1012 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Does anyone know? Thanks

10. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Ha! Found a bug that can help you. When you lose, don't tap anywhere at the last screen but just close the app. Close it in the multitasking bar as well. Start from new. And voilĂ ! You can "resume" the last round (play once more)! (And buy some special agents before.) That saved my *** several times.

11. theethanman2000

theethanman2000 New Member

Jul 24, 2013
    I was wondering if 2.99 is a universal price... Like for iPod, iPhone and ipad... If it is that's a really good price! And I would like buy it now! :) if anybody knows plz tell me! Thnx! :)

12. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #32 ojtitus, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    Not universal, $4.99 for the HD version for iPad.

Edit: most of the time you will see [Universal] in the thread title if the game is universal(playable in native resolution on iPod, iPhone, and iPad).

13. Thekoolninja

Thekoolninja Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2013
    New co-op mode.

14. drach

drach Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    It's funny to see this game receive so little love. My kids love to play this game, and after a while, I tried it out a little more. With the new towers, this game is quite challenging, and it never has yet entered the lagfest that was Bloons TD 4 (at least for me thus far). There are many TD games on the app store, but I'd say this one is worth a look. I haven't tried the coop mode yet, but it looks like fun.

15. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    This game is fun yeah, but when you start maxing everything out, well things change. Co-op is really fun though. A great TD classic. Playing the older versions is way different.

16. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

One of my favorite tower defense games. Highly recommended! Never gets old.

17. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I absolutely loved playing this game until the crapload of regen balloons bombarded me at wave 67 or so. I tried 100s of times and failed miserably every time with no signs of improvement. I eventually gave up and deleted.

18. Phantom X

Phantom X Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Should I stop lol?

Attached Files:

19. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    Holy crap! I don't even know what I'm looking at

20. SonixManix