Universal Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (by ArtPlay & NetEase Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Dec 3, 2020.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel

Bloodstained:RotN

NETEASE INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT PTE. LTD
    Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - New DLC "Character Pack: Bloodless" and “Boss Revenge Mode” coming! The epic fight i…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $9.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - New DLC "Character Pack: Bloodless" and “Boss Revenge Mode” coming! The epic fight is about to start! Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is the FULL game experience, a Gothic, exploration-focused side-scrolling action RPG by Koji Igarashi, packing all of the best features you’ve come to know and love from the Metroidvania genre into a single, content-packed game. Play as Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist’s curse that slowly crystallizes her body. Battle through a demon-infested castle and defeat its master to save yourself, and all of humanity! ·Challenge over 120 Minions and Bosses and take their abilities. ·Customize your combat style with 107 weapons, 23 skills, and numerous combos. ·Sprawling and complex 2D side-scrolling map. Explore and unlock routes and barriers to discover surprises. ·Numerous fashion items for a variety of appearances and buffs.
    Information
    Seller:NETEASE INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT PTE. LTD
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Dec 03, 2020
    Updated:Jun 24, 2021
    Version:4.3
    Size:2.3 GB
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Titan Arrow Games and Skall like this.
  2. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Thanks for posting

3. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Very very interested but wondering about the touch screen (i mean if it s really playable or clunky)

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Just a warning before my download’s over, it seems like the majority of folks had issues with the controls in Symphony of the Night. I was not one of them. I 200.6%’d the entire game on iOS with touch controls. Take that as you will in case I end up having no issues with the controls here either.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Bought it and downloading

I'm a proper touchscreen fan, not a joypad fan so i'll let you know how it plays. Watched a few youtube videos, game looks great, quite a hefty filesize (wish i bought that 512 GB phone !)

Had a quick go, lots of chatting at the beginning to get through. Joystick felt smooth, could slide left/right on it. Couple of buttons on the right. Looks very polished, graphics look great, Cant wait to properly get into this later, great to get this AAA title on iOS

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Super early first impressions: Easily worth the $10. Controls aren’t fantastic, but they work. Little clunky, but you get used to them. Graphics are much better than the Pocket Tactics review led me to believe. Can’t believe I have RotN in my pocket. My name better be in the credits because it looks like the backer code feature has been stripped out. :(

sebgo likes this.
  7. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Weird that it's not a worldwide launch. Not available on the India App Store.

8. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    It has partial controller support. You still have to use the on screen buttons to navigate through the menu to equip gear, shards, etc.
    The on screen controls are also still visible while using a controller.
    Graphics are okay, I don’t know how it looks on console though so I can’t compare them. Playing on an iPhone XS and it „feels“ like 30fps if not a bit lower than that. Switching between low,mid, high settings doesn’t change anything regarding the framerate. That’s all I can say for now.

Jstorm likes this.
  9. Available in my country....but im still waiting for more comments on this one

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, this is a weird one. TA's Mikhail and I noticed that India was one of the few countries this wasn't available for pre-order in and it sucks that that hasn't changed since then. :/

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm extremely tempted to get this but is it recommended if you're not really a fan of platformers / barely play Castlevania type games? Someone on Steam said they were like me and got hooked but it was just one person after all. I'm worried I'd play it for a couple hours then drop it. I got hooked on Dead Cells (which is somewhat of a similar genre) but it did get a bit too hard for me after clearing it the first couple times.

Also, for anyone that has it, how's the iPhone heat / battery drain? Generally I want my mobile games to be "portable" so if it eats up too much battery I'd probably just rather get it on pc.

12. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Really cool ok thanks for the information

13. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    I’m willing to give it a go does it require connection?

yankeeblue000 likes this.
  14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Just started playing it in max graphics settings and my iPhone 12 Pro did not warm up noticeably. As to the genre, this is definitely a spiritual sequel to Castlevania: SoN, but modernized in some ways. Unlike Dead Cells, Bloodstained is not a rogue-like, but more of a story-driven adventure.

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Just tried it in airplane mode. It does not require a connection, at least after the initial set up.

16. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    loved this on nintendo switch except it had a lot of frame rate issues. will be picking it up on mobile as well. i saw on the article the android version has IAP.. wondering what that is about

17. metalwastebasket

metalwastebasket Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Might be remnants of the pre-order as it was showing as paid in some regions early on, and free in other regions. The game's supposedly bundled with all DLC so far, but in principle there SHOULD be paid DLC in the form of Iga's Backpack. I don't know why it would come with the game on iOS but be paid on other platforms. I say just go for it if you're on the fence because there's no way any IAP (if or when it comes) will be free to play bullshit.

18. metalwastebasket

metalwastebasket Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Nothing like Dead Cells...the difficulty is far more forgiving and there's nothing remotely rogue-like to it.

Battery drain is present, but there's no excessive heating on XS. I'd say it's pretty fantastically optimized.

19. Moshfosh

Moshfosh Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2013

It is a lot easier than metroidvania games. This wasn’t the creator’s first rodeo and he gave you a lot of leeway in customizing the game to suit your style and make it harder or easier to play. Once you get the ability to craft and upgrade weapons, you can very easily become an unkillable death machine if you so choose

L.Lawliet likes this.
  20. Moshfosh

Moshfosh Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2013
    That said, there is absolutely no handholding in objectives and what to do next basically. Without spoilers I remember it taking me like a solid few days of endless searching to find an item you’re never even told actually exists to get past an environmental hazard