Universal Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (by ArtPlay & NetEase Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Dec 3, 2020.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Why is that I find being an “unkillable death machine” so appealing? :).

2. rhinofinger

rhinofinger Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Does it include all of the DLC, including the extra playable characters like Bloodless?

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Really enjoying it so far, i'm now off the boat and in some sort of village. Difficulty level is just about right, some of the enemies are superb specially the boss i saw yet its got that hint of old skool retro Castlevania. Happy as hell to have this on my phone at all times

4. metalwastebasket

metalwastebasket Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    As of right now? I don't think so. Unless there's an alternative method to access Bloodless on mobile, entering Bloodless or BLOODLESS as your name currently does nothing.

rhinofinger likes this.
  5. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Interested in this, but these days mostly to play on an iPad Pro connected to the TV, using a controller.
    I suppose I'll wait for an update to the controls for it to fully support the controller, unless someone tells me that what the touch screen is used for isn't frequent?

6. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Is it just me or are the controls just choppy as hell? I played Grimvalor and SotN and those had fantastic touch controls. Is it supposed to be that slow..? I’m playing on an iPad mini 5th gen on high graphics (no vsync).

7. metalwastebasket

Jan 5, 2017
    I'll defend the SotN controls till the end of time, but yeah, there's something weird with the controls in this one. It feels like they don't have any weight and are just sitting on our screens. They work for the most part and certainly aren't game breaking, but at times seem to want to do their own thing.

8. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I know for certain that this game doesn’t drop any frames (as seen on Nintendo Switch) as soon as the performance drops so every single frame is played and the game slows down instead, which could also mean that the touch controls become far less responsive due to an input delay created by this behavior. Could that be the reason why the controls don’t feel right? I‘m playing with a controller so it might be less obvious to me.

9. metalwastebasket

Jan 5, 2017
    #29 metalwastebasket, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    This is very plausible. Curious... would messing about with vsync and/or the graphical quality change things for the better?

EDIT: Just tested out a bunch of different combinations and if there's any difference, it's extremely minor and not worth sacrificing the gorgeous graphics.

10. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    I can´t move... :c
    The joystick dosnt works

sebgo likes this.
  11. Moshfosh

Moshfosh Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2013
    I cannot stress enough how much I am going to shamelessly shill this game, I like physically need it to be successful. Koji Igarashi used to be the lead on castlevania and left to form his own company when it became clear Konami cared more about pachinko machines than great games. My childhood needs him to keep making me games

L.Lawliet likes this.
  12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeah, same here... i’ve already posted about this issue on B-RotN facebook page and devs told me the fix is on its way.

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You’ll be happy to know that the sequel is already in progress :).

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  15. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #35 Talbs, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    To this day, why on earth do devs keep running in to issues like this upon release. It only serves to get foul mouthed 1 star reviews from the get go, and have a large portion of the would be buyers hold off and even forget about it.
    Where the actual ...is the QA in these games, for some even when they say they’re in a QA process for like 6 months before release!

to often the process is:
    1) Release day yaayyyyyyyy
    2) User reviews/opinions come in: “Controls are effed, 1 star”.
    3) Dev: Patch incoming!
    4) User reviews: “bugged out after first boss....can’t get back to the whatsy whatsy....1 star.”
    5) Dev: Patch incoming!
    6) Users: Over it. Moved on.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  16. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I don't disagree, but at the same time there is no amount of testing that can compare to a game being out in the wild. I would imagine that in most cases the developers aren't knowingly launching a game with game breaking bugs.

17. metalwastebasket

Jan 5, 2017
    I'm crossing my fingers both Curse of the Moon games make it to iOS too, but for that to happen, I suspect this would have to do well. Make it happen, folks. Also, knowing IGA is supporting this port is everything.

rhinofinger likes this.
  18. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    This plays like crap on my iPad honestly. drains the battery, the loading screens are frequent and sllloooow I am going to play it on my iPhone X today and see if it runs better but it’s disappointing cause I really hoped for better performance on my iPad Aldo the jump button is in a weird spot for me, I have a very hard time jump-attacking

19. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I bought it and play it on my iPad Pro. Even with the warning about my device having "low specs" for the game (?), it runs well, even if I end up putting on Epic quality.
    Playing with a Dual Shock 4 works wonders, though indeed the menus are only controlled with the touch screen, which defeats the idea of playing it on the TV. Still, really good game, and I hope they'll improve controller support soon.

20. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Glad you shared this info as I was planning to pass on this one until the controller support. At the least the controller works just fine for the action part, and I am glad it does since I don’t have to cover 1/5 of the screen with my thumbs.