Universal Blood Roofs - (by Gamesmold)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 9, 2012.

1. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    I call BS in their marketing. 'touch and tilt controls'

They knew exactly what they were doing there. Trying to get us to think that there were options for either touch OR tilt. Come to find out they are saying, touch controls for jump/shoot, tilt to move.

What a crappy scammy way to lure me in. I would not have boughten it had I known it was tilt only.

BS marketing.

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Like Cabdog, I would have thought from the app description that the game included touch only controls. I am glad I waited to buy and got the full story here. If the developers implement touch only controls, I will give this another look.

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    da fuk?

4. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    You don't understand my post? Relax...we are all entitled to opinions.

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    No, I did understand what you said and of course everybody are entitled to their opinions, but I really don't see any BS marketing here. From the iTunes page: Experience a unique new kind of double character action with touch and tilt controls! From that I understood TR-like controls.

6. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Do u think a game like Crazy Hedgy would use that line 'touch and tilt controls'? I mean, every iOS game every built has touch controls..gimme a break.

That's why I call BS. It's very atypical for an ad to read that they have touch controls; what would be the alternative, telepathy? For them to put it the way they did, they are trying to get us to think that both options exist for movement..I for one am a sucker. I personally don't remember seeing a game ever stating the obvious...especially in this fashion.

Ps. My 'tone' is no way directed at you man!!

7. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Temple Run/Temple Run Brave has the line touch and tilt controls, at least in the Spanish store. It's just the name of this type of controls, I don't see any problem behind it. Nowadays Temple Run clones don't say anything about the controls because, well, they are clones, so the players already know how they work. While this uses the same controls (touch and tilt) it isn't a Temple Run clone.

Anyway, instead of discussing about the description of the app I think it would be better to request both types of controls (the current one and only touch). Maybe I can't see your point because I don't have any problems with games that use the accelerometer. The only problems I have with this game were said before (camera, jumps and gravity).

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same here. This isnt BS marketing. It could sound misleading, but the way it is said, it doesnt mean touch and tilt options. I dont think Abbott and Costello are 2 different sitcoms.

9. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    #69 cabdog, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
    Good points! I guess I have not seen games that note both control options that way, or for that point, never paid attention.

I dont mind admitting that I was 'wrong' or something to the extent, and went off the handle incorrectly now that I have seen the light. There was one reader on the forum that commented they read it the same way as I did, and that is simply all it was; I saw what I 'hoped' I saw, which was options for both. Darnit!

Sorry for wasting your alls' time.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^it's all fun and games!

So... Ever pickin up Blood Roofs despite the tilt controls? You might wanna try out Infinity Warrior if you havent already. No tilt, just swipe and it's a bloody mess. :)

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So, is the town layout constant or somewhat randomized each play through?

12. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    There's no need for any apologies! Just enjoy the game if you bought it, or wait for the controls update. I'm sure it will be released eventually.
    It's a great game that could get even better if the developer changes how jumping, gravity and camera work, and touch-only controls.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ha! 2,380,148 highscore at 7117.11 meters! w00t!

And all I have upgraded are Lv2 wings and Lv2 resurrection.

This game rocks... How I died may be spoiler so imma spoiler tag it:
    I died during a train crash and a flying train car hit me.
    How awesome is that in a runner game? a couple thousand gold more and i can afford the Lv3 wings.

It's pretty much the wings that got me far. So i suggest you guys upgrade that first. And you wont believe the platforms and the whole setup of the game when you reach that far.

Now im on the fence if Drakerider's really my GotW... Blood Roofs is a tough competition. And to think it's a runner!

14. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Just went through every page and not to put pressure on Sanuku but there's no video by him
    They are always excellent to watch and help gage the game better than words can
    I'm waiting on LordGeks question above too!

15. try2bcool

try2bcool Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    20 bucks says it'll be free within 2 weeks...since I can't wait that long.

16. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    #76 retr0spective, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    I am also a fan of the 3D Runner - The End App is my current favorite - but I had not heard of this until it popped up on the hot list. I love the Lovecraftian element and it looks to be an evolution of Spooky Hoofs. If my intuition is correct it may succeed in creating the type of game that rComplex wanted to be, but miserably failed at. You can count me in! Now off to check it out...

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #77 Exact-Psience, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    It feels randomized, maybe by segments. The levels are HUGE so you cant really tell.

Imagine Subway Surfers having 50 lanes instead of 3, and instead of lane-hopping, you transition smoothly with the tilt and jumping. Those 50 lanes, are pitfalls, clock towers, traintracks, bridges and rooftops seemingly randomly layed out. And the 50 lanes, I AM NOT KIDDING.

The reason why i say maybe by segments is that the boss fights are either on a bridge, on a long rooftop, on a train track, on the street, etc.

It has to be minimally random at least, because it has a survival mode which i still yet have to unlock which is presumably endless.

Oh and the file size is too small (86mb installed!) for how wide the area is and how far you can go, so yeah, there is a good possibility it is random.

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    The more I play this, the more impressed I am. Yes, the camera can be a pain in the ass, especially when you start having to go sideways and can't always see the next roof. But otherwise, the polish and detail is awesome and it just gets better and better the further you can get.

One thing that would be nice is some sort of reward system for distance in addition to the coins you find since it's possible to go far but get few coins because of how haphazard they are placed compared to other runners.

Love the bosses. Are they randomized? Based in the path you take? Or just change in the next run if you defeated one?

This is one runner that really makes me want to see what happens next if I get further. May end up being my GoTW even with its camera issues.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Yeah... the order of bosses is random. One time I fought the octopus-like boss third, then next i didnt fight him at all when i reached 4th boss. Or it could be possible i miscounted.

20. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Hey guys , how does this compare to the mother of all Endless Runners, Temple Run. Thinking about getting this game but I smell free app in a couple weeks also.