Universal Blood Roofs - (by Gamesmold)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 9, 2012.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    nopers

2. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    #42 Janni, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
    yeah, trouble starts as soon POV starts sliding left or right... of course you can argue thats part of game's difficulty and those weird angles look great (from a cinematic point of view almost like a rail-shooter)... probably hard to find the right balance

also hold-sensitive jumps (for shorter jumping) would help a lot... often i'm just to late because of the cam-pov and just overshoot after some "last second" bunny-hops

however replay value seems pretty high to me, and with some improvements this could be a real genre-classic :)

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ive played a couple more games and the monsters actually feel a bit like Nightmare Creatures, but a bit more varied and unique. :D

4. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I bought the game based on your post and come to find our it's not stage based:( I should have waited for more replies.

5. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I spent quite some time now playing this gem, and since
    i unlocked the permanent wings (2 flaps so far), the floating becomes
    less and less being a (big) object. But still big enough without or just
    one flap. Somebody said it before; let us, please, have a short and
    a longer step/jump option and maybe more weight to the character ?
    C'mon, two people falling at once...and maybe a bit more angle from
    behind shoulder. (If the girl would be behind his back, the angle
    would be perfect by not seeing everything !)

Also to me, no IAPs needed at all. Freakin' fun to earn them by
    myself. This game is way more than a clone of...you know.

6. l_23mer

l_23mer Member

May 27, 2012
    Sunday release and a great one at that. I honestly thought today would be all about football since it is kickoff week and certainly never thought that I would enjoy a runner! This game in my opinion is the best runner I've ever played! My only complaints are that when you jump you have no controll of how you jump you would think that a light tap would do a smaller jump and holding the jump button would do a larger jump?!? Another thing is not being able to see where you can land! Aside from that it is very fun and the only runner I will actually put time into! Can't wait to see future updates. Thanks for making a runner that is actually worth my time and money!!

7. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I usually don't wait for sales but since I spent so much money on square the past few weeks, I'm going to wait for a price drop. I'm definitely interested though.

8. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Looks fantastic but the gameplay angle is SO frustrating.

9. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I've had my eye on this game since it was first announced, I'm glad I didn't download it because of the impressions so far. The jumping and the view would have been a deal breaker for me resulting in a delete followed by a bad review. I'm gonna have to wait to see if any issues mentioned are fixed in the first update. Thank you TA members for saving me $3

10. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Bought this last night and overall it is an awesome game. My two complaints are the low camera angle and the floaty nature of the jump. The camera view puts the camera behind the back which can make it hard to see ahead.

Still an amazing game.

11. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Was hoping to hear this, thanks for giving us the good and the bad. Downloading!

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    After playing this a bit more, the jumps seem "acceptable" but im sure we'd all still love it if the landing was a bit faster.

Also, the camera angle isnt as bad as some may see it as the game is still very playable, but there will be moments where we'd wish it couldve been higher behind Jake.

Im posting this because i dont want people to think the game is unplayable because of this. It is still playable, but the camera angle can be improved and make a huge difference.

EDIT: Oh... and im updating my GotW nominations as well :)

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #53 awp69, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
    I've been contemplating getting Infinite Warrior for the past couple of days when I was surprised to see this came out and had been looking forward to it.

I know they're different styles of runners, but I have to say so far I'm really enjoying this. Graphics are slick, the monster variety is nice and I even think the tilt controls work pretty well.

I agree with others that the camera could use some adjusting, but it's definately not a game-breaker to me. And the physics are floaty, but again, not game-breaking and something you get used to.

The reload button is useless. It probably would be fine just to have one side of the screen completely for shooting and one side completely for jumping.

Overall, I'm happy with it and think with some tweaks could be one of my favorite behind-the-back runners. Guess IW will sit on my wish list for now.

14. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I posted this: "Reminds me of the graphic style of a Playstation One game called Nightmare Creatures." early in the thread. That game really left an impression on me, so if someone who has played the game felt the similarities which I only noticed in the gameplay vids, this is a must buy for me.

15. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    So, I'm guessing this runs well on your 3GS?

16. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Fantastic - after quite a poor week - It's only Gridrunner Free that i got hooked on this week - finally a new game that i can get hooked on. Agree with the jumps (a bit floaty) but it's a small unexpected cracker on a Sunday. Properly enjoying it. Not tried on iPad yet but don't like tilting pad normally. I only ever played temple
    run on the iPad in the iCade and if you could somehow iCade this up it would be a real bobby dazzler. As is, happy to play on my phone.

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yep, except for a brief framerate drop when connecting to Game Center, but that happens in a lot of games. Otherwise, runs quite nicely.

18. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Awesome! Hopefully, it runs well on my iPod Touch 3rd Gen.

Seems like quite a good endless runner though!

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I guess i realized it a little late. Great game that one was because of its combo system which i liked most from it. :)

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Actually both IW and BRoofs are in my top 3 picks for the week, right beside Drakerider, and realized that there's 2 great runner games released this week. :)