Blood Roofs - by Gamesmold (Universal) : $0.99 -> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by sladeums, Oct 2, 2012.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I think there were a few posts in the main thread about some issues with iOS 6. Game generally runs fine for me on my 3GS with 5.1.1. Only slowdown is loading bosses.

I have had a few crashes when on really, really long runs. Found that if I do a hard reboot before playing that it seems to eliminate that issue. Obviously, you know I have to love this game to go through that.

But I can definately see where some people might not like it as it is a very different take on runners, particularly with the camera. Even I wasn't so sure at first. But it's one of those games that grew on me, got easier to play and blew me away with the surprises it throws at you.

Granted, not everyone may stick with it long enough to see those surprises.

2. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I quite enjoy how if you don't beat a boss when given the opportunity, they come back later.

What's the difference between Survival mode and the regular mode? I haven't unlocked it yet.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Survival is endless. The regular mode does have an ending (which, admittedly, I have not yet reached, but think I've come close).

4. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I can easily defeat the first boss, but after that forget it.in particular the HUGE boss/building with the eyes.

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    You can't kill the boss/building with eyes the first attempt -- no matter how good you are. It has two separate health bars and don't think it's possible to wear it down to nothing until you meet it again later in the game.

6. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #26 WCFields, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
    Ok thanks, I've made it to the boss/building a few times same result. How do I use the boost & grenade? ( I just discovered by accident that you can shoot the orange orbs I thought you had jump through them)

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    If you get a boost or grenade, temporary buttons should appear for them.

8. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Thanks for the tip. Checked out the last few posts of the main thread and saw the work around is disabling Gamecenter in the game's settings. Runs much better now (though not completely smooth). It should be in the first post in case anyone else runs into the problem. ;)

That aside..pretty fun so far.. Was able to buy the 1st wings upgrade and beat the first boss. Of course I'm really dizzy now (played for ~20 minutes with the game all choppy before I found out about turning off GC). ;P

9. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thanks once again

10. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I sort of figured that much, but I meant what the difference was prior to the normal mode ending. Like, more environment randomization or something.

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'm not sure since I haven't unlocked it yet either. Might want to check in the main thread. Exact-Psience probably knows everything there is about the game (and I should really note that most of my tips in this thread are largely due to his help!).

At first it sounded like Survival did not have bosses, but the dev came back and implied that that wasn't true. Even the main story mode has some randomization. You don't always fight the bosses, for instance, in the same order.

12. Rokrdude

Rokrdude Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    Didn't notice any difference except that you have only 1 life and bonus life you get in survival modes get converted into bonus points

13. Nshager

Nshager Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Zija Distributor
    Kentucky, USA
    I couldn't get to the first boss until I got wings. As soon as I purchased them, I went 9000 meters on the next run. So, as others have mentioned, not so much fun at first but gets so much better after wings.

14. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    #34 Snooptalian, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
    Nvm...

15. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    noone mentioned that there is no tilt setting in this game and this sucks.

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    no **TOUCH** setting...

17. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    i mean there is no possibility to change the sensitivity of tilt controls.

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ah, gotcha. sorry bout that.

19. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I believe that is was me who first questioned you. Nonetheless, te game is worth the money, IMO. It just has a steep learning curve. I kept offering suggestions in the game thread, but I just needed more practice. I know, it can seem impossible at first (during the TA Plays video, they never made it to a boss), but everything changes once you get the hang of it. It isn't nearly as random as, for example, Don't Run with a Plasma Sword.

20. I like the game, especially since it is free. High class game with a lot of original concepts to an endless runner. Almost all endless runners are going the freemium route, and since I am not really an endless runner fan, I appreciate the runners that have some new concepts even if there are a couple of flaws. Cool game.