Universal Blood and Glory Legend (Universal app By Glu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Jul 24, 2012.

1. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Criticisms

I do love this game, but the equipment is way too expensive. The new bosses offer decent gold, but a decent sword of 50k requires for me to beat one of these bosses 50 times or more to get it. That is WAY too much grinding.

The older game had a better system. Also, you could replay any level or battle and get decent gold.

They really have to change this.

2. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    I could only take so much punishment. I played a few more rounds, defeated one more enemy....only to be rewarded with an enemy with 2000 more hit points.

As much as I wanted to love this game, I was forced to delete it. :(

3. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    No, they really don't. ;) It makes Glu tons of money from people willing to pay to get past the difficulty - why should they care what any of us think?

Tried it on my Android tablet and I liked that they tried to turn it into more of a game, with the cutscenes and map and what have you, but yeah, exact same ridiculous gameplay structure designed to milk as much money out of you as possible. (Not being able to buy health potions is basically like the awful early warning sign of how bad things are going to get.) Still, it ran horribly, so that was one more reason to delete it - not that Glu care, but no way they're getting any real cash out of me.

4. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Cool Items and Tips for Blood and Glory: Legends

Hello, all! Presently, I have 46/70 campaigns completed with the coveted three-star rank. Also, lately, with the added items, the game is definitely more enjoyable.

First, I would recommend that you save up 30 gems. When you get down to it, completing the daily quests is pretty doable in a 24-hour period, which nets you two gems. Also, each time you level up, you get a gem. After you acquire 30 gems, buy a second slot for the amulet.

Then, unless you require another amulet for a quest, use the XP and Coins amulets, and you'll see how fast you earn money and gain XP to level up. Also, if you choose to grind, battle the tan monsters, as that nets the best gold and XP for repeated battles.

Beating the 10 "tan" monsters also nets you some pretty choice equipment, so I would tackle those monsters first, and then use the equipment for the other opponents.

Considering that you only get the three-golden-star ranking if you do not ever get hit, I would buy equipment, as follows:

1. Sword
    2. Shield
    3. Armor (Helmet and Body Armor)

The sword is the key item to purchase. Also, when I level up, I dump my points into the attack rating.

However, you will note that as you play each day, the items you get for winning three battles get better and better. So, you can play for a few (30) minutes a day, win the three battles, complete the daily quests, and get some pretty powerful equipment.

As an example, let's say your quest is to block 25 times. What I do is play the lowest creature and use my shield repeatedly. When it has a rating of 0, I dodge to build it up again. With that, you can complete this quest in only one battle. If you get hit, you can always use the regenerator amulet in another battle to regain your HP.

Anyway, these are my tips. What's yours?

Frisbee10461

5. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    My tip is to buy Infinity Blade and never play grind-crazy glu games.

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Uhm. Good shot.

7. ddw04

ddw04 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    I hate having to repeat battles :( game is fun but I'm only on the second tournament and not even getting 100 coins from battles and I need like 500 more it's ridiculous I don't mind the price of these things but I do mind how much I earn even if I repeat the battle(I don't expect 2000 for a repeat battle but at least give me 150 then lower as I repeat older ones more) well gonna attempt one more shot then will delete most likely :/