Universal Blood and Glory Legend (Universal app By Glu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Jul 24, 2012.

1. D3adly

D3adly Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blood & Glory 2: Legend

Glu Games Inc
    Optimized for the iPhone 5! Welcome to Blood & Glory Legend – the highly anticipated sequel to the AAA blockbuster smas…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Optimized for the iPhone 5! Welcome to Blood & Glory Legend – the highly anticipated sequel to the AAA blockbuster smash-hit Blood & Glory! Return to the arena and bask in the blood-hungry cheers of the crowd as you fight to become a LEGEND! “Blood & Glory: Legend still manages to be one of the premier fighting games on smartphones and tablets, with a plot thrown in for good measure.” – Game Trailers “Fans of the first game should not be surprised to learn that this one looks amazing.” – Gamezeebo “Visually, Blood & Glory: Legend offers distinct improvements over its forerunner, with detailed environments, impressive combatants, and neat effects such as the blood patches that appear on the fighters as they receive damage.” – PocketGamer “Much-needed personality normally reserved for premium titles.” – MoDojo The top-rated gladiator combat game continues with Blood and Glory: Legend! Equip lethal weapons and epic armor in your quest to achieve blood-soaked victory over the Emperor himself! MOTION COMIC STORYLINE Journey through the Empire, leaving blood-thirsty bosses in your wake as the all new animated comic story unfolds! STUNNING & AWARD-WINNING AAA GRAPHICS The bleeding-edge graphics are optimized for the Retina Display of the iPhone 4, 4S, iPod (4th gen), iPad 2, New iPad and the iPhone 5. Note that the iPhone 3GS, 3rd generation iPod and lower devices are not supported. NEW MOVES & STRATEGY Perfect your skills and unleash stunning Special Attacks, Super Combos and the all new Glorious Strike! Enemies can now perform unblockable and undodgeable attacks so choose your defenses wisely! DAILY BONUS! Come back every day to earn free money and equipment! Complete battles ever day to earn even larger Bonus rewards! NEW ARENAS AND ENEMIES Battle new towering Giants and seductive Claw Vixens to the death in the new Snake Den, Viking Ship, and Neptune Temple! PLEASE NOTE: - This game is free to play, but you can choose to pay real money for some extra items, which will charge your iTunes account. You can disable in-app purchasing by adjusting your device settings. - This game is not intended for children. - Please buy carefully. - Advertising appears in this game. - This game may permit users to interact with one another (e.g., chat rooms, player to player chat, messaging) depending on the availability of these features. Linking to social networking sites are not intended for persons in violation of the applicable rules of such social networking sites. - A network connection is required to play. - For information about how Glu collects and uses your data, please read our privacy policy at: www.Glu.com/privacy - If you have a problem with this game, please use the game’s “Help” feature.
    Information
    Seller:Glu Games Inc
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Aug 29, 2012
    Updated:Nov 22, 2012
    Version:2.0.3
    Size:290.8 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Unexpected. Looking forward to see if Glu Games Inc. did add more of the same or actually did reinvented the Wheel a second Time.

Judging by the Filesize (178 MB) and the current Comments on the Appstore it won`t be the the second One. Let`s hope I`m wrong.

3. deadlock32

deadlock32 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Is this like out already?

4. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Wow! This came out of nowhere. Been craving for some Infinity Blade type of action. Looking forward to be released in my region :D

5. valdeto

valdeto Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Any news for the release date?

6. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Now out everywhere:

Blood & Glory 2: Legend

Glu Games Inc
    Optimized for the iPhone 5! Welcome to Blood & Glory Legend – the highly anticipated sequel to the AAA blockbuster smas…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Optimized for the iPhone 5! Welcome to Blood & Glory Legend – the highly anticipated sequel to the AAA blockbuster smash-hit Blood & Glory! Return to the arena and bask in the blood-hungry cheers of the crowd as you fight to become a LEGEND! “Blood & Glory: Legend still manages to be one of the premier fighting games on smartphones and tablets, with a plot thrown in for good measure.” – Game Trailers “Fans of the first game should not be surprised to learn that this one looks amazing.” – Gamezeebo “Visually, Blood & Glory: Legend offers distinct improvements over its forerunner, with detailed environments, impressive combatants, and neat effects such as the blood patches that appear on the fighters as they receive damage.” – PocketGamer “Much-needed personality normally reserved for premium titles.” – MoDojo The top-rated gladiator combat game continues with Blood and Glory: Legend! Equip lethal weapons and epic armor in your quest to achieve blood-soaked victory over the Emperor himself! MOTION COMIC STORYLINE Journey through the Empire, leaving blood-thirsty bosses in your wake as the all new animated comic story unfolds! STUNNING & AWARD-WINNING AAA GRAPHICS The bleeding-edge graphics are optimized for the Retina Display of the iPhone 4, 4S, iPod (4th gen), iPad 2, New iPad and the iPhone 5. Note that the iPhone 3GS, 3rd generation iPod and lower devices are not supported. NEW MOVES & STRATEGY Perfect your skills and unleash stunning Special Attacks, Super Combos and the all new Glorious Strike! Enemies can now perform unblockable and undodgeable attacks so choose your defenses wisely! DAILY BONUS! Come back every day to earn free money and equipment! Complete battles ever day to earn even larger Bonus rewards! NEW ARENAS AND ENEMIES Battle new towering Giants and seductive Claw Vixens to the death in the new Snake Den, Viking Ship, and Neptune Temple! PLEASE NOTE: - This game is free to play, but you can choose to pay real money for some extra items, which will charge your iTunes account. You can disable in-app purchasing by adjusting your device settings. - This game is not intended for children. - Please buy carefully. - Advertising appears in this game. - This game may permit users to interact with one another (e.g., chat rooms, player to player chat, messaging) depending on the availability of these features. Linking to social networking sites are not intended for persons in violation of the applicable rules of such social networking sites. - A network connection is required to play. - For information about how Glu collects and uses your data, please read our privacy policy at: www.Glu.com/privacy - If you have a problem with this game, please use the game’s “Help” feature.
    Information
    Seller:Glu Games Inc
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Aug 29, 2012
    Updated:Nov 22, 2012
    Version:2.0.3
    Size:290.8 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I think imma skip this one, although i might change my mind later. I want to know though if the game gives at least a more balanced amount of ingame currency, or if the IAP isnt required to get through the game.

8. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I think it's stupid that you have to pay gems for health potion in the game. I might have to delete this even though I haven't died in it and I'm level 40.

9. johannaffendy

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Played a few rounds. Much improvements from the first game but why should I spend hours on it when I know there's bound to be a paywall coming my way? :mad:

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hahaha! Surprising how you managed to get to 40 when you think it has a stupid healthpot buy scheme. :D

11. Rafa6571

Rafa6571 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    i think the first game was better... The scenarios arent that good and the camera effects sometimes are weirds. And what I hate the most is the horrible and intrusive tutorial :mad:

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well, for one, eternity warriors 2 has a bit more "unnecessary" IAP by giving random drops in which you are bound to get something that helps you progress in the game greatly. Im just hoping Glu improves this one a bit too.

13. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Kept closing out the app when I about died to restart the battle :)

14. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Looks like a complete IAP fest. I could be wrong, but I'm gonna steer clear of this 'til I know for sure!

15. Tomtomp44632

Tomtomp44632 Member

May 10, 2012
    How big is this app once installed? I never trust the one put on itunes cos 90% of the time, its wrong. Eg: ifb1 says it only takes about 500mb but actually requires 800 odd mb.

16. johannaffendy

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    According to my usage stats, it's 490MB.

17. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Questions + Other Stuff

Hello, all!

Has anyone noticed the following: in the original game, you could replay a campaign to earn money to buy better equipment? However, for this version, after you get the three gold stars, playing a campaign again results in very little gold, even with the GP modifier.

I hope the devs fix this. Otherwise, people will stop playing the game as the equipment is next-to-impossible to reach.

Other than that, I like the game. I have 22/60 campaigns completed. However, what I do is play a campaign, strive for perfection, and if I get hit one time, I die deliberately. This way, I keep my maximum HP, which you need to get the three stars.

But, if you quit a campaign, you lose all HP.

Again, I like this version; however, it seems that this is more of a money grab, which is a shame.

Just my two cents,
    frisbee10461

18. Strange Brew

Strange Brew Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Financial systems analyst
    MN
    #19 Strange Brew, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    Shield bash special attack's sound is off, needs more umph!

Sound/music cuts in and out while loading.

I dunno if the devs come here but just in case.

Otherwise, I like this game alot, the gore rocks.

19. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    #20 Eoghann, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    My guy:
    Level 6
    ATK 18
    Block 21
    HP 525

Current opponent
    ATK: One hit instant kill
    Damage to Block -10
    HP 4000

Glu says: Problem? Upgrade your armor! Duh!

Store says: We've got a great selection of armor!

- Armor that will bump your health to 1/4 of your opponent's: 12,000 coins
    - Weapons that will scratch enemy a little deeper: 20,000 coins.

Your reward for painstakingly repeating that level to finally defeat that boss: 200 coins and a boss with 6000 HP. Congrats!

Glu says: IAP IS TOTALLY OPTIONAL!! *trollface*

My will to continue playing this game is rapidly dwindling...all that grinding is rewarded by an insulting amount of coin. The math just isn't right with this game.