Universal Blokshot Revolution (by Foxhole Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Congratulations for the 5/5 Touch Arcade review by Shaun on the front page! Well done, guys! :)

"Blokshot Revolution is one of those brilliant titles that finds a central mechanic that feels good and runs all the way home with it. It's exciting, tense, and has a great learning curve that keeps it fresh well beyond what you might expect from its somewhat simple premise. It takes skill, quick thinking, and a keen eye to win, and I love that your inevitable losses never feel unfair. You can always see things well enough ahead of time that you know you could have done something differently and survived. While it's a bit threadbare in terms of options, play modes, and that sort of thing, it also doesn't need any of it. What's here is simply divine all on its own."

http://toucharcade.com/2015/03/11/blokshot-revolution-review/

2. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I just found out what a "Blokshot" is in the game! Hearing "Triple Shot" all the time, it is rewarding to hear the
    vocoded "Blokshot" when you hit the dark blue square twice
    Yes!

"Make a Blokshot" could be an achievement in GC...

I also voted for Blokshot in the GoTW poll.

I suspect it will make my nominations for GoTY.

3. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Great game guys, leaving another 5-star review.

First ever turn I got 780 so not bad when I get used to the mechanics.

4. Adsinjapan

Adsinjapan Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Is there any way to possibly increase the rotation area for larger handed people on an iPhone?
    Not only that, but perhaps my main issue with this game is that it's not Left-hand friendly.
    I'm a lefty and the clockwise rotation means I don't see my shots clearly enough until it's out of position as my thumb obscures most of the view.
    For anyone right handed, they can immediately see when the shot starts turning and at which angle to release.
    My only alternative at this point is to use my little finger.

5. Stuka_1919

Stuka_1919 Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Yes, that's a fair point. I'll put a lefty flip in the pause menu. Thanks for the feedback!

6. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    finally got to this last night after all the praise and the TA review. Fantastic stuff - reminds me of the hammer throw in Konami's Track and Field coin-op.

7. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Thanks for considering us lefty's. It is difficult to play while my hand is covering up my aim most of the time. Still having a blast playing though!

8. Stuka_1919

Stuka_1919 Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    We've made Best New Games on a bunch of European App Stores!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH. The support of this site must have been instrumental in that. I can't thank you all enough.

9. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    That's awesome. Congratulations! Well deserved.

10. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    On the front page of best new games in US App Store! Congrats! # glad to see this game get so popular!

11. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    That's awesome (again!).

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I'm sooo glad that work week is over! Now I can work on annihilating the two challenges I got ;)

13. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Oh, no! Ha. I've been playing all afternoon(the kiddo is sick)...but even though I had a jump on you, my scores have been lousy today. Nothing over 5K.

I also played a little bit of Foget Me Not (sigh...) and I tore it up, beating 3 of my high scores and getting 161K on standard original mode. :)

14. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Same sorta thing here. I got my high score soon after I got the game and can't beat it. I haven't had a good chance to focus on it though. Too many freaking games man. They never stop! Haha

15. Shaun C

Shaun C Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 28, 2014
    my god... that feeling when you're on a good run but then keep missing a block near the bottom of the screen. Paaaaaanic!

I want to hook myself up to a heart monitor while playing this and see what the chart looks like afterwards.

16. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Once a block goes below the line and you have to do a "behind the back" shot to get it, I always feel I'm doomed. I am terrible at making those shots. I try not to give up until the end, but it's hard to bounce back from that position, even if you make the shot. It does remind me of that feeling you get when your game of Tetris is coming to an end.

17. Shaun C

Shaun C Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 28, 2014
    @paulkane Yeah I mess up the below the line shots at least half the time. Once the screen starts flashing red I just crap myself, basically. :eek:

18. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Congrats for winning GOTW !

And congrats Darth Filth, for pulverizing my highscore into dust. Woot, still fourth place, and wow to way over 65k players on the leaderboard, and no hackers.

Any soon update secret to reveal ?

19. Stuka_1919

Stuka_1919 Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    I've been making this noise for about a week now: "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!". Thank you all so much. If it's okay with you, we'll come here first with news about updates and new games from Foxhole. I sort of want to live here now.

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    XD You guys deserve it! :) Man, once Blokshot has you hooked...bloody hell!

I guess I should bring this up since it was an issue before I had bought the IAP a week or so ago: I dunno if you're aware that sometimes (I don't know if it's by pure coincidence) you can actually access the full soundtrack (with all the options in the pause menu) without buying the IAP. It did disappear with me at some point though. ¯\(°_o)/¯