Blocked On Article Comments?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by scottsoapbox, Aug 22, 2015.

1. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

So I am blocked from making comments on TA articles in the app??? :confused:

Error Code: 12
    You do not have permission to post on this thread

What? Why? :confused:

2. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    I get the same error. Once I was feeling snarky so I posted the word "blarg" in the comments for one of those articles that I felt like I was baited into clicking on, from the subject. Next time I tried to comment I got that error. I guess a moderator was having a bad day or something. I've seen Eli drop f bombs in comments. Lame

3. scottsoapbox

Patreon Bronze

But that's the thing. I haven't been snarky lately. Here's my last comment on the new frozen synapse:

Prior to that I think commented something like
    when FF 7 was announced so what gives TA?

4. scottsoapbox

Patreon Bronze

Oh I forgot that I also told someone admitting to pirating games

So... :confused::confused::confused:

5. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    You could just create a new user account if it's that important.

6. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Which thread was it? Some of them are locked and I don't think that shows up in the App.

7. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    He's not talking about posting on the threads (that you can subscribe to). The error occurs when trying to comment on the news stories. I get the same error when trying to post comments on any news article.

8. scottsoapbox

Patreon Bronze

Yes. It's on the TA news articles that I'm blocked. I seem to have no restrictions in the forum.

9. iPhones iOS

iPhones iOS Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Rochester, New York
    Hmmmm... This does seem weird! Not that I do much commenting on those articles myself! Actually, now that I mention it, I don't think that I've ever commented on any of those articles before! Anyways, I don't think that I have any answers!

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Looks like a misclick on someone's part, the Disqus admin kind of sucks. I think someone was trying to ban the guy you were responding to who was bragging about pirating some game.

11. scottsoapbox

Patreon Bronze

Well that makes more sense. I'll be sure to keep more distance between my comments and the pirates in the future. ;)

12. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    So when might I get a response back regarding why my account has the same issue of unable to post to comments in news?? Never talked about pirating or anything of the like. Have sent various emails to support with zero replies back or even gotten an explanation.

13. cofunguy

Sep 24, 2012
    Bump again.

Sent emails to various aspects of TA. Still not one reply back as to why I can't post on news articles. Been like this for close to 2 months now. And during that time not one reply or explanation as to why.

14. cofunguy

Sep 24, 2012
    Still not a reply back or even an explanation as to why I am still unable to post in news articles after close to 3 months now. Guess some folks can't even do a simple reply back. Just trying to figure out why since there was no explanation given and the fact I was gone for 3 weeks. Nor did I post anything offensive nor any other taboo type subject matter.