iPad Block Knights

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Feb 18, 2009.

1. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Has anyone else got it yet? it's pretty fun but I haven't quite mastered that learning curve. I got it while grabbing a bite to eat and am only now getting a chance to play

The basic quest mode is pretty simple. Pieces appear in the red square and you tilt the device to move them anywhere you like. Once stationary they stick in place.

There are little creatures with eyes called mobs and your job is to eliminate them but using them in a full line.

I haven't tried the other modes but I wanted to get a thread going for first impressions or questions.

at 5 bucks I don't think many people will just jump into it without having a few questions answered anyways

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=305493996&mt=8

2. AznChaos

AznChaos Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2008
    This game looks awesome. Definitely the price is a little steep and with the upcoming slew of games coming out this week its gonna be hard to spare some cash to check this out. Some gameplay footage may be enough to get me to buy this.

3. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Erm, what slew of games are you referring to? :D The only one I can think of is iDracula, LightRiders?

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Zenbound and Sway are also expected this week.

5. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I had wanted to try this, because it appears to be a souped up variant of a PC game I really like called Battle Of Tiles. However, the price was my no-go factor. Hopefully they have a lite version in the works.

6. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Does anyone else think the artwork in the background of the black characters looks a little like Patapon?

7. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    That's exactly what I thought. :)

8. bit_Jon

bit_Jon Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Artist/Markerting
    Chicago IL
    Hey guys,

Yeah, we have a lite version on the way, it will probably be out in a month or so. Thanks for checking out the game.

Jon

BitCaper

9. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    That's what I thought myself. ^ ^

Looks like an interesting game, I've added it to my ever growing "To Buy Eventually" list.

10. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I think my "buy eventually" list is over 200 games now. I think I need a raise at work :)

11. bit_Jon

Feb 18, 2009
    Artist/Markerting
    Chicago IL
    Hey just a quick FYI. Block Knights is now on sale for 2.99 down from 4.99, so if you were holding out now is the time to go get it!

12. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I reviewed this game a bit ago on another site and found it to be a really fun game. The controls are really good and that's what was most impressive to me. The blocks move very smoothly. I also liked the "mobs" that you need to eliminate.

The game is challenging and there are a few different modes that really help make the game stand out. One of my favs was the Guillotine mode where you only have a short time to get each block in place. This really added to the "frantic" factor and made the game really fun to play.

It's on sale now and I'd recommend it. The dev also says that there will be a lite version so maybe you'll wait to try that. Either way, it's a fun game for anyone who likes "Tetris" type block games.

Bob

13. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Thanks QuickWit, I think I'll buy it later today! :)

14. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    Looks good but, but rejecting mobile d/l via item modification error for like the last 2 hours.

Wahwahwah.

15. bit_Jon

Feb 18, 2009
    Artist/Markerting
    Chicago IL
    That's not good, maybe it's because we just lowered the price a couple hours ago. Is anyone else having this problem?

16. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    Just got it to go through, dev. Will check it out when I'm not driving my car with my knees.

17. bit_Jon

Feb 18, 2009
    Artist/Markerting
    Chicago IL
    ok good, I was about to give apple a call haha.

18. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Bought it and hate it :( Here's why: On the first level of Infinitas, it moves way too fast, and I don't get enough time to manipulate it because I have to first decide which edge to use and then rotate the piece, and it sticks to the edge before I'm done positioning.

19. bit_Jon

Feb 18, 2009
    Artist/Markerting
    Chicago IL
    Infinitas has no time limit so all you need to do is tilt the iPhone so the piece doesn't slide, pick your edge and rotate your piece then place it :) you don't need to be in a hurry. Now in Arcadia and Guillotine there is a time limit so watch out:D

20. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    OOOOOOHHHH you're supposed to hold the Touch horizontally... I was laying down with the Touch facing me :D

Cool game! ;)