Universal Block Fortress: War - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Don't think I've had a mission take over 30 minutes. Granted I've completely beat it with the first two races and am now playing through with zomblocks. I'd suggest watching explosives videos for the levels you're having problems with.

2. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I'm just glad now that you get SOMETHING even if you fail a mission. I am also glad for the minerals you get in the endless mode.

With this endless mode, it is an absolutely complete game. If they add to it, it would only be extra sprinkles on the donut :)

The ability to create user missions would be awesome and glad to know they've thought about it... you could build a Tower Defense map, with nodes around the map and snaking pathways... as long as you could put your barracks in a different spot it would work. Could build a castle versus castle map, with unbreakable blocks... I don't know, I have a few ideas :)

3. WillCN

WillCN Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Hey FM, I hope your listening

4. DarkNecros

DarkNecros Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    It would be cool if a new race poped up at a later point, we have Humans and goblins from the first one then we have a zombie based race a machine based races and a protoss based race. i think it would be cool to see a magic based race that has no melee equipment and has half sized building zones from their powerblocks (not quite the same as other races but not a completely vertically building race like Zomblocks)

5. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Can anyone give tips for playing as Zomblocks and beating mecha 2 as them.
    The reinforcement sentries come so soon and just destroy my blocks and units. Even if I survive it's no long before more reinforcement sentries come and destroy me.

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I think a Bug race should appear. Gosh a bug race would be so versatile

7. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    I wonder if they have any source material, though, for bugs..... ;)

Warhammer fans, what race isn't present? I am not a big fan, loved dawn of war..... Reminds me a ton of this game..... How about some of those human dudes from Space Hulk... They would be bulky, close range, but smaller teams of units.... Lots of buffing abilities....

8. Zunda

Zunda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    How did you guys beat blockoid planet with zomblocks? I got stuck on third mission. I can't imagine a win without walls and long ranged units.

9. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    #769 explosive, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    Vid here, as well as mecha 5 with zomblocks (done it particulary fast here).

Mecha 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwuXcG7Yyas
    Mecha 5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfSvib9Ylmw

Edit for Zunda - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO3WRJRmYHE

10. Sythys

Sythys Active Member

Nov 4, 2013
    You're right about the game being a lot like Dawn of War. Very reminiscent. And most of the Warhammer 40k races are represented here. But a Space Marine is pretty much a very heavily armored Terran, human, or whatever most people would want to call it.

Now a race of gene stealers in "Block Wars"? That would be cool! Double movement rate, melee attacks, strength to rip your enemies apart... And place that with the "bug" idea... I think I have a new favorite race!

11. Zunda

Zunda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
  12. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Gene stealers would be great.. Zerglings!

I think it's pretty balanced as it is,though.. You are right, if had a space marines style race, it would just be an alternative block men... But the more the merrier,right? We had "bug costumes" in bug heroes 1 that were alternatives with different abilities...m

13. DarkNecros

DarkNecros Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    on the first point have all 100 minerals in energy wards then take the second point when you cant and add a healing totem.

i had my t1s use claws and tough and my t2 were like claws tough leaping or something.

14. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    After beating mecha 2 as Zomblocks I value their turrets more
    Not using turrets on that level was my problem as I relied on my units to take the enemy out

15. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I can beat every single 5 mission without using a single Ward for Zomblocks. You just gotta use Overlord and have the right unit combinations, and for Mecha 5, Spawn Totems can help push against the enemy. I always thought that Spawn Totems would be useless, but even Is actually make quite a fair tide turner.

Never tried IIs, though.

16. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Also, I beat Gobbo 3 with Blockoids without the use of any defensive structures. It was basically a holdout at first mineral block until base level 2, then let the Resource Generators be meatshields.

This was the unit setup I used. It literally WRECKED the last invasion.
    [​IMG]

17. Apricosomoso

Apricosomoso Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    I survived for 1 hour and 1 minute in endless. Too bad there are no leaderboards. Has anyone survived longer (with goblocks)?

Foursaken can you add leaderboards for survival? <3

18. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    How many minerals did you get?

19. Apricosomoso

Apricosomoso Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    500, that is maximum. (Atleast I think)

20. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012