Universal Block Fortress: War - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Finished my first game of endless using block men on Gobbo
    I lasted 10:39 getting 259 minerals
    With a endless mode for each race on each planet that's 20 different endless modes

2. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    #742 explosive, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    Just had my first go, very fun and you get decent minerals (got around 312, lasting 12:30 mins), looking forward to coming up with new base layouts for it.

There seems to be lots of different types of terrain that the level can be on, go load an endless then quit and select again and it will change eg. flat/snow/mountain/water.

3. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    This was my base, a couple minutes before they devastated... It was ugly at nine minutes..... Don't know how to defend that rush....

Attached Files:

4. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I can't help getting déjà vu from playing endless, it seems a lot like survival in the original BF :)

5. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    The bros had talked about doing a mode similar to this in the original, but purely tower defense...... This is sooooooo much better

6. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Wow, endless is totally bonkers! So much more fun than the core game for me :)
    So much happening at one time, it's hard to monitor all your outposts once you spread out to all directions, so I'm getting overrun pretty easily after 9 mins. I need tips!

7. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    #747 brothamannp11911, Mar 29, 2014
    Gobbos!!!!!!

This is my current run. I have like eight spawns producing jetpack swords and I don't care if I win its incredible :D it's wild!

End result: 20:04, got 500 minerals.. Seems like a pretty rounded number, wonder If that is the most you can get?

Attached Files:

8. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Strong central base. Keep doorways open for creeps. High guns. On my 20min run, I took the outlying minerals first, worked my way in spiraling in... You eventually get no more minerals from nodes, so it's not actually "endless" endless as you are not supplied with more... It's more like a hybrid of Survival and QuickStart...

Which equals awesome :)

9. monoclespectacle

monoclespectacle Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Looks like five hundo is the reward cap. Awesome update! Where's the endless mode GC leaderboards?!?!

Attached Files:

10. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    An hour.... Awesome!

Yes, it's like an entirely new game... Really get to see some of the abilities fully exposed.

Five hundred is a good number. Capping it is fine, just need those leader boards..

Who were you? Who were you against?

11. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    #751 Best75, Mar 29, 2014
    I think there are no GC leader boards for endless mode yet cause there are 20 different match ups so they would need 20 different leader boards for endless modes

12. monoclespectacle

monoclespectacle Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    I agree, it really is a whole 'nother beast. Gets pretty hectic, got some fun screenies. Ran Zombos (Radioactive) against Block Men. I feel like Zombos have a huge advantage here by not needing to support totem stacks with block walls (also works against them versus long range enemies). Just slap leaping on all your giants to get them into the fray pronto.

Looking forward to the insanity of the other races.

Attached Files:

13. ablears

ablears New Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Endless

Blockbots vs Block men endless. Reckon it would have been endless. 40 mins in, so many blockbots my ipad was creaking, block men heroes lasting 5 secs, my hero on 34,000 hp and climbing.

Attached Files:

14. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Just unlocked Zomblocks in time for endless mode
    Normally I would think Zomblocks are not suitable for endless since they do not have building blocks but it's been shown they can still be effective without them so I am willing to give them a try

15. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Thanks man. Few more questions:-
    1) When you take a node do you build up around it or just use the instant income to build around central base and to hell with the drip feed? Or to put it another way what ratio of the sudden income do you spend on protecting the outposts vs increasing base defence? Seems a waste to go half hearted on outposts coz when they are destroyed all the guns stop working anyway, and you can't even sell them to get some cash back.

2) Is it worth using armour plating around the bottom layer of base (leaving gaps just for the 4 doors like you said) or better to just wait to upgrade to lvl3 concrete?

3) Someone mentioned 8 spawning bases. Is that something I haven't unlocked yet or am I missing something?!

Thanks again!

16. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I finished the mission without chrashes at the 4th try but now my game constabtly crashes on Blockoids 4 using the Goblocks too. Is there an equipment configuration that causes known crashes? This is after the latest update as well.

P.S. The endless mode is a blast.

17. DarkNecros

DarkNecros Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Okay gobbo is way too easy as zomblocks. i beat all 5 missions with only the basic equipment and i really only used Spawn totems 1.

18. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow well to be honest I've not played this for a couple of weeks as I was getting sick of dying and earning nothing for it as it was pretty hard IMO,
    But endless mode!!! I love it, for me now it's a top class game like the rest of the foursaken games. This is the best update/new mode I could have hoped for.
    Restored my love for the game.

19. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Just fyi, you get minerals even when you die since 2 updates ago

20. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Nice game but once you get up the higher levels it takes way to long to complete missions. Some of you may have the patience but I don't. Oh well!