Universal Block Fortress: War - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 5, 2014.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #21 TheFrost, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    In the end I got Mines of Mars, Wave Wave and EPOCH2 ;)

2. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    LOL, leave it up to Foursaken to put out a crazy hot game before the ink is even dry on the last one.

Again.

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

It's hard to believe that they're still just one four-man studio.

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I know, it's crazy the amount of fantastic games these guys put out. They must never sleep and be chained to computers like slaves.

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wait, so for single player you pick 1 race then conquer the other planets? So basically you can 5 playthroughs, and each with a different race right?

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

You start off as the Block Men from planet Earth III and once you've captured the planet of an other Race you can play as that race.
    Ok, it's a little bit more complicated than that:

To play as the Goblocks you have to conquer their planet with the Block Men.
    To play as the Zomblocks you have to conquer their planet with the Block Men as well as the Goblocks.
    To play as the Blockbots you have to conquer their planet with the Block Men, Goblocks and Zomboids.
    To play as the Blockoids you have to conquer their planet with all the other races.

7. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Yes, on paper... but I want to make sure to mention just how different the experiences are depending on the race you choose. It really feels much more like one long campaign because you're constantly unlocking new stuff and learning new things with each new race (equipment, blocks, strategies, specific matchups, etc)!

We're excited to hear what people think! We'll be glued to the thread for the next few days, so feel free to share thoughts, concerns, suggestions, etc :)

8. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I hope you're joking.

9. Deonaldi

Deonaldi Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    What's the prices of the in-App stuff. I want to find out how much to put inside my gaming bank and if I should hold out from purchasing some other games before the day ends. I'm a big Foursaken Fan

10. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Thanks Der-Kleine and TA members! Now just got to wait, that's the crappy part, lol.

11. TigerBoat

TigerBoat Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Looks interesting, I think I'll give it a try.

12. Bi88les

Bi88les Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    What's Foursaken like for IAPs?

13. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Of course I am. Why would I legitimately ask for a free code to a paid game?

14. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Ohhhh... Instabuy right here. Love everything they have released.

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Well-known for their generous IAP implementations, where the only IAP commonly available is the same kind of currency you can earn (usually quite easily) through gameplay. This means that all content can be unlocked by playing the game, and that there are no timers or other paywalls.

With Bug Heroes 2 (and to some extent, Heroes & Castles and Monster Adventures before that) they have also proven that they know how to leave competitive balance mostly or completely untouched by IAP purchases, in accordance with the "Sell variety, not advantage" principle.

16. B1GW1G

B1GW1G Member

Feb 27, 2014
    My suggestion: Slow Down!

Haha, for a 4 person studio they ARE this genre on iOS. I just can't find enough time to master BH2 before the next whole game is out! Better than waiting 2 years for a minor update like some developers. And I think they "changed" BH2 to a premium game with IAP convenience, at least after the next update.

17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm drooling just from seeing it on paper...

That adds a LOAD of replayability

18. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Ditto.

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'll be picking this up for sure.