Universal Block Fortress - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 6, 2013.

1. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Hey xStatiCa,

I haven't played in awhile, been busy with the other Foursaken games... and two jobs, a Masters, wife, kids and church haahaha; can't believe I find time for gaming as much as I do :D

I REALLY like building on top of trees in Survival. In BF:Wars, this is a little less effective, but in BF, the enemies (don't READ THIS FOURSAKEN PLEASE :D) can't get to them unless they jump or shoot. So, Shadows can't get to'em. Explosions can wreck the plan as well, but its a fun strategy while it lasts.

In Quickstart lately, I also enjoy just experimenting with wild setups, like wood/metal blocks and flamers + mortars... cheap weapons, massed... or going all plasma... or not building any walls at all, just weapon encampments around the world... the islands maps are fun to drop the barracks waaay down a hole and then all you have to do is protect, well, up :)

I also started building reverse pyramid gun trees... that way, guns point outwards and down towards the barracks as well. I do this ALL THE TIME in BF:Wars and it helps a lot in that game, somewhat translates well to BF.

2. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    This just in... So was going to pick up BF on my phone and saw this note in the app description on Google Play....

"NOTE: HUGE update coming early 2015! It will include better graphics, new controllable and customizable mechs, Android 5.0 compatibility, and more!"

What the heck is a controllable mech?!?!

3. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    New update for Block Fortress!

Don't know if you all have seen this... But really excited to see this, BF is my favorite Foursaken game!

From the Twitter.. "Block Fortress update will hit next week - has new PvP mode, updated graphics, 3rd person view, new equipment, new blocks, and tons more!"

What prompted the update, guys? Also, can you post the changelog?

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    This is one of the most impressive free updates I have seen for the platform (or any platform, perhaps). Many of the new features are drastic (the star of the patch, the PvP mode, is enough in itself for a sequel or stand-alone title) enough. But to see a dev revitalize a game that was released more than two years ago, and that hasn't been touched in a long while (and that is probably doing much to pay for the brothers' next meal by now) is a rare sight. The combination of the contents of the patch, and the timing, is one of the primary reasons investing time into a Foursaken title can be so rewarding.

Doesn't hurt that the game in question is one of my all-time favourites for the platform, and possibly one of the most varied, broad and deep strategy titles for iOS.

5. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Great to see this updated, but it seems like it's impossible to save arena maps... I made a good concept map too, and to my dismay of working on building one for around 45 minutes, I couldn't see where it can be saved.

I quite like the new weapons and Specials, too. Zipline is really fun to just play around with.

My only gripe I've had for a while is to have the old viewmodel placements back for first-person view.

6. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Oh this new update is glorius. Time to go back and build massive fortresses again :D

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I lost

All of my data

8. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    I lost mine aswell. Whenever i try to load from cloud i just stay at level 1.

9. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    I've sent them like 5 or 6 bugs and issues like that one. I'd assume they'll fix it, especially one like that, it's pretty PVP mode, make your own fortresa, game breaking. I can't even access any of the other tiles... I've got some great Mao ideas :D

You have to have enemy spawns to get coins to build the turrets so until this is fixed it's just a regular fps mode.

PvP is fun. I blasted someone with the gravity gun, then got under them and minigun'd them to death :D

10. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow workin my way back up will take a little time

11. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Just farm a few waves on Normal difficulty, and make sure you have all 3 mineral types.

It's easy XP, especially with the Doubler.

12. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Played fixed update on Android,..

Wow guys, wow.

Adding the Arena Mode makes this a whole new game, I was designing a map last night and just so excited about the ramifications.

Block Firtress is almost a whole new game.

You can darn near create a Heroes and Castles type of map now in Sandbox.

You can dig caves through the mountains and have underground battles.

You can zip line around the map, or zip up.

You can fly around on a legit jetpack and carpet bomb the orcs.

It's amazingly awesome.

13. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    New Update!

If you all haven't seen the news, check out the new Christmas update! It's pretty awesome, played it for about 30 mins today. They have really brought some new things to the game. Hopefully you all can get in on multiplayer servers, like to maybe start organizing some times to do this, some regular times we are all signed in to the servers?

14. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow... there really is some awesome stuff in the update (excited to try that 60fps especially!)

Will hopefully be able to hop on multiplayer a bit later

15. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    what kind of in app purchase are in the game ? thinking of buying the game but the in app purchase hold me back xD

16. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Could someone make a video of the new underwater level please?I will greatly appreciate that.

17. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    I'll be very happy if someone at least posts a picture of the new underwater level because I cannot find any videos with it in YouTube :)

18. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Kenan, its worh the reinstall or purchase.... its got a bunch of new weapons, plus the last huge update included several, too...

Hopefully its all testing out for what I am hoping is a BF sequel alongside their Noblemen project..

19. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    Of this i am 100% sure and I will purchase it as soon as I can but I cannot right now,that's why I just want to look at the underwater level.

20. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Ok, when my kids are done with the iPad I'll cook up a shot or two :)