Universal Block Fortress - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 6, 2013.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Doors and fences?! I need to start checking their twitter....

Where's the 2014 update for H&C though?! There should be one :p

2. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I'd love to see blimp Goblocks, true flying in the sky Goblocks... definitely ramp up some of the challenge, add another plane for sure.. give the player the same tech, for brief burst of time... could drop bombs/explosives from your flying dirigible :)

I still think, if they would have added some other components to the world creator, like spawn points, "end level" flags, "death holes" so you had to use the jumppack, etc. we could have built some epic singleplayer, FPS-style maps!

3. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Where's that update anyways? Seems like a week or two ago... Can you guys post a change log or something to know what's coming? For anxious curious its sake :D

4. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Its been submitted... updates seem to be slow going these last few weeks :/

5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    So watcha guys think of the new update? :D

6. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    ....I don't know.

It is already a perfect game, really. I guess we'll never get any major content updates now, though I feel like the bots were short changed some. I bought the $3.99 pack expecting a steady stream of them but we only received 2 beyond the original :( I enjoy supporting them, just thought moe would come through.

I would think with how successful the BF brand has been, that they would have a true sequel in the plans... there really is a lot of ways you could take BF.

7. Mcyl

Mcyl New Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Friends for Co-op

Hi all
    I used to play BF a lot. But after a while I got tired of it and deleted the GC file and all.
    After a years hiatus, BF seems fresh again with bots and multiplayer!

I wish to get into more co-op action so if avid players could add me on GC it would be great!

GC handle: martincylo

Cheers

8. Mcyl

Mcyl New Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Also,
    Has there been many changes? I never remembered it so hard to get past stage 10. It feels like the orbital lasers are nerf or the armor has increased. Are there ways now to prioritise laser to say target armored guys?

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #1589 JCho133, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    I think it's built into their AI

10. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    OH OH OH I Got it!

...now that we have Block Fortress: Wars... how about adding the Goblocks or, I don't know, all the other races as playable creeps in Block Fortress? :)

Just sliiiiiiide their code, AI, etc. right on over into the same graphic engine...

11. Mcyl

Mcyl New Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Those orbital lasers.

This there any point upgrading or hanging more than 10?? I read they have a max combined limit of 100hp and can't setup 2 or 3 arrays.

12. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Shield not working?

I was playing around with different bots than I usually use, and tried to activate Support Bot's shield, multiple times.... it did not come on... is it broken? Does it have a warmup time?

13. Mcyl

Mcyl New Member

Apr 11, 2013

So, what's the official word on this? Is damage capped at 100 or 10 OLs. Any input from the Devs?

14. lr1919

lr1919 Active Member

Nov 9, 2011
    After upgrading to the iPhone 6 and restoring my phone, my save dissapeared and the iCloud backup also reset to level one :( anyone else have this? I really don't want to grind back up...

15. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Ok, huge update... what you talking about?!

I've seen this in a couple places now, I think mostly Twitterings...

I could see with Greenlight happening, adding to the game and all makes sense...

For the faithful here, what are we looking forward to?

16. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Is there something that can prevent Mining Shafts and Drills from giving you mined rare materials?

Because I have a save on Level 15 of Frozen Tundra on Survival (Normal) with 7 Mining Shafts and 6 Drills and after replaying it for around 20 times I've only received the 3 bonus rare materials but not a single mined rare material.

17. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
  18. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

We'll announce more as we get closer to finishing - its a huge update so it may be a while! All I can say right now is we're adding a new mode (a big new mode), better graphics, and lots of other stuff :p Can't say more right now bc all the details aren't quite set in stone.

19. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Anyone know some good strategy guides without telling you exactly how to create your defenses? I really like the game and want to get back into it but the strategies (if I even had any) at the time I was playing it didn't seem to get me too far.

20. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    That's great, guys! I've noticed Halfbrick doing these updates to "older" (can't believe that can be said about BF!) games like Age of Zombies to some success. I have actually reinstalled that game and showed it off to some folks; hope it ups sales for them.

Look forward to more Block Fortress... man, I would love to play as Blockbots or the Goblocks in it ;) Its a pretty amazing game, hope the Steam Greenlight and new content help stir back up interest in it!