Universal Block Fortress - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 6, 2013.

1. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Will icade work with this?

2. Foursaken_Tom

Foursaken_Tom Active Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Shoot - I thought we had fixed that bug... What wave are you on? And did it happen a third time?

3. Cat Scam

Cat Scam Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    This looks amazing!

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Either the third or fourth wave I think. It's hard to say if it happened a third time because my barracks keep being destroyed before I get that far :p

5. Eric_Da_Boss

Eric_Da_Boss Member

Feb 5, 2013
    None
    At my house
    Why why don't i have enough money in my account to buy this!!!!!!

6. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    dang so many games tonight, i was on the fence cause i was never into the minecraft games but this is just a crazy tower defense game where you can build stuff like minecraft then go all fps hell yes i want this....

7. monoclespectacle

monoclespectacle Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Quoted for great truth.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmm.. I've never even played mine craft but I love TD games. So my quick question would be... should I get it? :)

9. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    The only thing that scares me about this game are the controls. I just don't know

10. LearnIIBurn

LearnIIBurn Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Can't wait! Totally forgot about this! Step aside for a few mins Heroes and Castles!

11. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Personally, I never got into Minecraft either (some of us at FM did though), though I still love the whole concept :p

Block Fortress takes the VERY basic premise of Minecraft, i.e. the block aesthetic, and the freedom to build, but puts an entirely new game on top of it. Its much more strategy, TD, and FPS than Minecraft, imo. That being said, I think those that like Minecraft will still be able to get into BF of course as well, because of its building aspect.

12. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Can you be more specific? Pretty standard fare as far as I know - floating stick, adjustable sensitivity, etc. Any suggestions?

13. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    interesting concept, but i've always found minecraft to be at best a waste of time, so I'll have to pass on this merely by association.

but for what its worth, i'm glad to see someone out there trying something new/unique. even more glad its foursaken, and not some chillingo/ea.

14. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    It's like, the thinnest association you could possibly make. Other have having cubes, this is nothing like Minecraft. It's a game about constructing a fortress to survive waves of enemies.

I've never been a fan of FPS controls on iOS, and this hasn't really changed my mind about them, but the rest of the game is a blast so I'm pushing through the barrier and it's paying off. I do find myself pining for a 3rd person view though. In the heat of battle when you're surrounded on multiple sides and your barracks are being attacked, it can be hard to get a good view of what's actually going on. The field of view in first person isn't exactly huge and sometimes I wish I could just go back to flying and admire the chaos from above. The trailer has some awesome wide-angle shots of mayhem, but I'm not seeing it quite so much when I play.

15. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

The great thing is that the sky is the limit with modes we add. Speaking of which we have been thinking about it - and would love to see the interest - in adding a pure TD mode (with no FPS action at all). I'm guessing that is something you WOULD be a fan of?

Also, in casual mode you can swap in and out of FPS and "god" view freely - of course there is not "game" in that mode, so I would understand the lack of appeal for some.

16. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    So does this game get laggy with multiple enemies and turrets?

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah, I'd definitely get a load of fun out of that. I love the fact you've got FPS elements in the game, but I also like the idea of not having to panic and rush around quite so much. It'd be cool to see how my fortress survives of it's own accord so thanks to that option in Sandbox mode I think it may fast become my favourite. If you can turn it into a game mode that'd be awesome.

18. sleb

sleb Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Ohio
    I have been waiting for this. The game looks incredible. Foursaken, I can say a pure TD or any other mode you add would be appreciated. The more ways to play, the more fun one could have. Waiting til 11:00

19. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    #99 xx99, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    Haven't played yet (US), but a pure TD is very appealing! There are exceptions, but I'm not generally a fan of FPS. Already planning on an instabuy tonight, but this sounds like a great future mode!

I'm not sure if your level applies to turrets or just your equipment in FPS mode, but applying some sort of overarching progression system in the pure TD mode would be awesome (e.g., unlockable turrets, unlockable powers, minor permanent upgrades to turrets).

20. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    To people on the fence: If you ask me, the appeal of this game is that you don't have to like Minecraft, FPS or even TD games to enjoy it. If you're moderately interested in just one of them, this is worth your while. I've been playing three hours, almost non-stop and I feel like I know nothing about the game, there's just so much depth to constructing a strong fortress and ridiculously generous amounts of upgrades to work towards, it's gonna take a very, very long time before you feel like you've done it all.