Universal Blitz Brigade (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Feb 7, 2013.

1. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    Has anyone actually managed to play multiplayer? All I get is can't connect message. I will try later and tomorrow

2. skeblik

skeblik Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Some first impressions: this game is awesome!! Basically TF2 with vehicles and smaller maps and less classes. It loses connection a lot, but runs and looks great on my iPod 4. Lots of fun!! Gameloft's best shooter yet. All of their other shooters suck.

3. So how do you get ammo from an ammo crate? I'm standing next to it but I am only getting the icon to change sides/units

4. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    You should be able to just run up to it and itll automatically refill your ammo. Youll hear a trumpet noise if you do recieve it

5. Thanks

I'm having a lot of fun online right now

6. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    #146 Triscuitable, May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
    It's just two bucks and speeds up progression by a decent margin. If you want to reduce the grind, go for it.

Well, yeah. If you're using an iPod 4, their other shooters are going to be too graphically intensive for you to be able to enjoy them on your device. The iPhone 5 gets improved dynamic shadows over Modern Combat 4's shoddy "dynamic shadows within a short proximity and blobs when you're far away", which results in a hit to the framerate of about 5FPS in places. Other than that, it's pretty consistently 50-55FPS. Sometimes 60, but mostly in open spots. The god rays are also a nice touch.

7. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Isn't this Team Fortress 2? Black Dawn dev said he had to withdraw his app for copyright reasons. Why Gameloft gets away with it? Gameloft I avoid. Always over bloated high resolution postcards.

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Black Dawn was removed since Gearbox Software or/and their Publisher 2KGames are just a pain in their Ass and since they don`t want to brawl with them to long about how close it does look like Borderlands the Game was removed.

Blitz Brigade on the other Side does have enough unique Content to stay out of any Cloning Talk as far as I can tell you and it`s pretty much very similar with Zynga Respawnables.

9. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Fun game, have yet to find the heli but i guess i'll get to it eventually, somewhere on some map...

10. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
  11. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    i bought an IAP and received nothing cmon

12. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    I might give it a go. What's the best reasonable IAP? I don't mind paying a bit if the game runs smoothly and its not pay to play.

13. iCozMick

iCozMick Active Member

May 5, 2013
    The lowest amount you can pay is £1.49 for an IAP, this grants you vip status.

It buys you either 30 diamonds or 1500 coins (or maybe 5000 coins, i cant remember)

14. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Thanks. I deleted it anyway. Same like all Gameloft games - laggy. I find their games not very smooth. I don't know if that is by design to make you get killed more often so you'll buy more power ups but other devs games run sweet on my ipad. I think Gameloft do this deliberately so gamers will buy more.

It's devious but I wouldn't put it past them. On ipad 3 I can play anything very smoothly except Gameloft games. Things like camera jitters don't go we'll for sniping. They're not fools when it comes to programming yet so many of their games have lag that it looks deliberate to me.

15. DizzyNBG

DizzyNBG Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    It runs super-smooth on my iPhone 5 so it's by all means not by design.
    The iPad 3's SoC is to weak to push the full retina resolution with all the shader effects as other games like nova 3 already proofed. They should implement some graphic options for iPad 3 users as they did in Nova 3.

16. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Runs smooth on my ipad 3.....

17. skeblik

skeblik Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    One more thing: driving is surprisingly easy, which is good.

18. iCozMick

iCozMick Active Member

May 5, 2013
    Can't connect to any Gameloft servers on any game :/

Anyone else?

19. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Samething with me

20. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member