Universal Blitz Brigade (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Feb 7, 2013.

1. shimmy83

shimmy83 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Washington D.C.
    I connected right away this time, played a few rounds of domination. After exiting those rounds I was unable to connect again.

2. iQinMobile

iQinMobile Member

May 20, 2013
    I like gameloft.

3. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    That's become the norm for me with this game.

4. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Welp, good thing I deleted it. The game is very boring to play anyway. NOVA 3 has a much better multiplayer system than this. Also, does anyone ever cringe at the prices to repair an item's durability?

5. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Not really. I use tapjoy to get the gems then just upgrade it. You don't have to repair the weapon then

6. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    Even then the weapon upgrades sometimes do not register correctly.

7. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Haven't run into that problem ... Yet. I find any free game always has issues with it. The fact this is free makes it hurt less. I'm just glad I'm not running into any issues. If I do I just play a different game (like nova) an come back later to this.

It's to bad they really don't test these games better.

8. iOSPeace

iOSPeace Well-Known Member

This game gets boring after a while.

9. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    Yeah, Gameloft never really thoroughly goes through the coding—which is something they should get back into. Also, the fact that many people seem to have the Rommel weapon at my standpoint in the game makes me feel as if the game is completely unbalanced. I wish there were level locks to the weapons until you get to the level, THEN you could buy it with the diamonds. I can understand something like this in Dungeon Hunter III, but I don't like it in a game like this.

10. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Haven't had any connection issues today.

11. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I don't understand the people who play this game.

They all seem to be at least level 28 (vs my level 10) yet I still obliterate them every single time and get at least double the XP they do!

Also, not too keen on the cluttered screen. In fast paced combat, I don't want all sorts of pop-ups telling me who I killed and what badge I achieved!

12. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I havn't been able to connect online in over a week

13. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Just downloaded for the first time, I can't connect either. This single player missions are not enough to keep this on my phone... They should get on that.

14. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    They better be fast because to many good games came to have a crappy connect game to play.

Go Star Wars

15. caomhan15

caomhan15 Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I just noticed that this is exactly nova 3: reskinned!! :0

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well, it is the exact same specific development team that developed both.
    And when I say that, I don't just mean same company as in Gameloft. I literally mean the exact same individual people worked on both.

I wouldn't quite say its Nova 3 reskinned as there is a lot more went on with the engine and other stuff in the background that isn't apparently obvious. I consider it more of an evolution of it.
    But there are obvious similarities in the mechanics themselves.

The lack of hackers in this one are causing me to enjoy this more.

You're point is very fair and accurate to a certain degree of course. I was curious when that element would be picked up on.

17. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    Deleted. Apparently I tried playing with the update. Gameloft's SA Developers really screwed up on this one.

Also, I hate the fact that single player missions also require an internet connection to play. Jesus, make a Single Player campaign to not REQUIRE an Internet connection. If your game's going to be Always-On DRM, then remove it. -_-'

18. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT THESE WORDS MEAN BUT I'M GOING TO USE THEM TO COMPLAIN!!!!

I didn't play much Nova 3, but I'd say if this is true, props to them. I couldn't stand playing Nova (any of them) for more than a few missions, but I'm really enjoying this game. I think it's partially because of the similarities it has with TF2.

Of course, virtual controls are a bit weak, but I got used to them quickly. What I like about this game, in particular, is that I don't feel about about getting killed or losing a match. Just like in TF2, I like jumping into an online match, shootin' some dudes in a cartoony atmosphere, and then going off to do something else. The only real problem I have right now are the connection times. If I could truly "jump in" and get playing right away, I'd probably be on all the time.

I just hit level 5, and unlocked the medic class. I haven't even played that many matches (and I certainly haven't won more than a few), so it feels like progression isn't too grindy - at least for now. That said, I also think the VIP dela they have makes IAP attractive. I grabbed a $5 IAP for gems, but I haven't used them yet. I'm actually curious to hear what other players have put their gems towards. I accidentally upgraded the soldier's gun, so that blew through the initial stack of gems I had from the start, but I don't want to upgrade/unlock things I probably won't use much.

I feel like I'm critical of IAP in games, but not if it's tasteful. I just hope Gameloft keeps this one going for a while and uses the piles of money to improve their servers.

19. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    I would have said you wasted your money. You should get a tapjoy account n get free gems from downloading other free games.

My gems I use to upgrade my weapons. That way they do not need repair. Pretty much that's what the gems are good for.

20. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    I guess I should have been more specific. Are the initial guns for each character worth upgrading, or should I be buying their other weapons and upgrading those? I feel like I do alright with the soldier, but sometimes a dude comes by and destroys me without much effort. Maybe I'm just not using the right guns? Can you improve your guy permanently, or are all defense power ups consumable?

Also, I've noticed my games connecting a bit faster recently, and haven't had many dropped connections either. There are either fewer people playing, or they've improved their servers.