Universal Blitz Brigade (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Feb 7, 2013.

1. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012

True, but you can also only upgrade guns with diamonds. In my opinion the diamonds are way overpriced as well.

2. batmania15

batmania15 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Seems as though I can't play on my password protected network but works on my neighbors open network. I get failed to connect on my network but everything else works.

3. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #263 worldcitizen1919, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
    You buy the gun for $20 then how much more to upgrade it? Pocket Gamer have done a very responsible review on the game. All reviewers should be pressuring Gameloft the same. I really want to play but don't know what to do about this IAP.

Here's the review
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Blitz+Brigade/feature.asp?c=48432

4. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    The other problem is, why the hell do I have to login to play single player? And the servers aren't even working. Kind of sucks to pay money for a game and then not be able to play it or get constantly booted out.

5. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #265 grits, May 11, 2013
    Yep, that pretty much sums it up.
    These games really are a portal into a dystopian gamer future. We better hope there's enough backlash that all games don't end up doing this crap.

From what I can tell, they did cave-in on some things. Looks like they removed the token system and some of the more overpowered items. Maybe with some pressure they will loosen up a bit more.

6. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    When playing the single player missions your only awarded XP & coins ONCE after you have completed the specific mission, I'd 19 stars ( needed 20 to unlocked the next stage so I'd to use 20 diamonds to unlock it)

7. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Coins and XP but not stars.

8. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Your awarded 1-3 stars depending on how well you do ( I didn't notice this until late Friday) so playing levels over & over is pointless,seeing that you can only improve your score but not get a better star score & you need star to unlock the next stage.i'm having trouble connecting online so I don't how it works with multiplayer

9. shimmy83

shimmy83 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Washington D.C.
    If that's the case I'm deleting this. I won't unlock my network just to play BB. MC4 works just fine.

10. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Failed to connect!

11. skeblik

skeblik Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    It works on my password network just fine.

12. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    This thread is just littered with misinformation, as usual. All guns can be unlocked by leveling and upgraded by using them. That pocket tactics article was written with the soft launch pricing details and is completely wrong from the games official launch pricing. My password protected wifi works fine, I'm sure it's just coincidence. Gameloft servers are definitely struggling from the amount of people trying this game out.

13. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #273 grits, May 11, 2013
    This control scheme and user interface is one step away from being perfect. They need to allow an option where the shoot button does not aim while you shoot. In this way you could aim with your thumb and use the knuckle of your pinky finger to tap the screen to shoot. You can do this now but tapping to shoot messes up your aim. The only other thing would be to allow the UI icons to be expandable. I would like to make the shoot button slightly larger. Otherwise, this is the best control scheme ever for a shooter on the iPad.

The more I play with this idea the better it gets. You can almost have as much accuracy as a mouse and keyboard. Hopefully they add a shoot only button to the control options.

14. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    This. The premium weapons like the tesla gun and flamethrower don't really change things up, sure it makes you powerful, but I could still kill you :p

15. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I'm pretty sure there are three guns that you can only purchase with diamonds. I did not know that you could level up your guns by using them. Anyway it seems like you're adding to the confusion ; D
    The rewords for playing are also exceedingly stingy.

I just want to play the game. Maybe if it didn't continuously boot me out I would be able to gain a better understanding LOL

16. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Not neccesarily. I can get 2500 coins in one match if I win and do a decent job. Although on the other hand, I can get a mere 13 for playing like absolute crap. Even if you're on the losing team, you can still get some ok money, it's better to be on the winning team though :p The grind for guns doesn't take that long, and it's quite fun doing it actually.

17. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I accidentally spent 30 gems. I was looking for a description of what you get when you upgrade so I touched upgrade and to my horror a screen appeared congratulating me I had upgraded the weapon.

No pop up asking me if I was sure I wanted to spend the gems as in most other games!!! Be very careful. Even an accidental touch WILL spend your gems even if you didn't intend doing so.

I was lucky because I upgraded my soldier's weapon which I can use now without repairing anymore. Once the weapon becomes upgraded it no longer needs repairs. So this is a concession to paid players.

I only bought $1.99 worth of gems to get VIP status. So I've upgraded two different character's weapons to premium so they no longer need repair. But getting better weapons means grinding through the training for coins which I only get once but enough I think to get 1 or 2 good weapons.

The 2 main problems are buying better weapons that cost gems and if you want consumables. For me I'm concerned about the cost of better weapons and facing an enemy with the best paid for weapons and mass consumables. That makes the game very unbalanced.

18. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I'm pretty sure that I got a better star score after I tried some levels over and over again.

19. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Not really. If you face noobs with the best stuff, chances are you can kill them easily. I've done it quite a bit. The only annoying ones are the noobs who bought the vehicle upgrades, making their stuff somewhat harder to kill.

20. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #280 WCFields, May 11, 2013
    It says at the bottom that coins & xp are only awarded after first completion ( unfortunately)