Universal Blitz Brigade (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Feb 7, 2013.

1. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I love the game but one star because of the payment system. Its a pay to win game. No matter how good you are its gonna be how much you pay that really matters. I wish we had a game like his where we could compete on equal terms and not on how much we pay Gameloft.

The players who get on top are not going o be the most skilled but who have the most $$.

It should have been one price and a monthly subscription and we all win on our merits.

2. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Not neccesarily. A top player can still be at the top, except he'll be there along with the others who paid :rolleyes: Sure one could buy everything, but not EVERYBODY has everything though right? Better enjoy it while it lasts. Also, there are just about no hackers here. Don't let the payment system discourage you. It's not like you were paying for anything in the first place right?

3. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I sense a BB defense squad rising.

4. Sambo can be president, I'll be Vice President, agreed?

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'll take the role of Denigration Society President. This means war.

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #227 JBRUU, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
    >__>

Let me be clear on one point, though: I like the game itself, for the most part. What I dislike and stand against is the pay model. It's a cancer to gaming and very rarely on iOS is done correctly. We need to support the brave developers, like Alex at Game Whiz (Fangz, and if you're reading this Rip, go check it out if you're at all interested in fantastic 2D sidescrolllers with a huge difficult curve), who create a standalone videogame with NO IAPs and lots of love and commitment to their projects and customers.

8. I wonder which side I will end up. Almost always the opposite of Jbruu, so probably will have to be another vice president of the BB defense squad, but we shall see when I load it up this weekend.

9. xStephen

xStephen Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    I'm really having fun with this! Just the connection issues are annoying as hell.

10. I do agree that no iAps is best, but this is still a nice freemium model (especially compared to other Gameloft games)

11. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    First off, it's "sight", and second, that's horribly misogynistic.

12. 1. I hate my mistakes like that

2. I know, I apologise for that.

13. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Man almost 2000 Skill rating and I'm only level 9 :p
    Although this game drains battery fast.

14. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Yup, that's one of my few minor gripes, too.

15. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    What are the best ways of making good and gems? Is there anything lse apart from training which gives gold?

What would you guys recommend to buy to be able to enjoy this a long time without having to buy again? I've chosen the heavy. But upgrading weapons is going to be very expensive if you have to repair as well.

Should. I Buy a decent pack? What is a reasonable good value pack?

16. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    The Gunner needs a medic with him or he won't last that long. The Soldier can solo it up but from time to time he'll need the occasional healing. The Medic and go solo but it should travel with at least one other person. I plan on buying the medic's next gun.

17. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I fricken love this game. Best game from the big g since MC4. It kind of feels like when I played MC2. If updates come, and things stay balenced, I might buy an iAP to thank Gameloft for making GOOD f2p game. The one thing that did piss me off, besides the no gem pop up thing is how stupid the jetpack is. They should make it cost more, but have a larger, refillable fual bar.

18. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    It's appreciated.

19. Just a note, the medics next gun (and the one at lvl.30) do not do damage -_-

20. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    The soldier and sniper is the best classes, IMO. How are you guys doing on this game?