Universal Blitz Brigade (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Feb 7, 2013.

1. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    This game plays incredibly well on the iPad four. The graphics are top notch and the controls are amazing. I'm going to guess this is the best first-person shooter multiplayer on the platform.
    Lots of customization options and fluid menus. Within five minutes I was moving around almost as well as a console shooter.
    The only tricky part is bringing up the gun sights. Try customizing the UI to fit your needs. Anyway this game is pretty slick. It's gonna come down to whether or not you like the freemium model.

2. My K/D is 1.05

Human females shall become pregnant at the site of that

W/L=20/15 :p

3. shimmy83

shimmy83 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Washington D.C.
    Same here man

4. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Omfg, this game is a f@&king BLAST!!!! Reminds me BIGTIME of the days of TFC!!! Great graphics, awesome class's, leveling up, sweet ass maps, FANTASTIC controls for a FPS on a touch screen.

Gameloft can seriously produce some if the very best games on mobile platforms better than anyone else, its just the way they implement the business side of attaining money for their efforts which can be questionable. Probably more a function of gamers and their spending habits..... anyways that's a dead horse.

Dungeon Hunter 4 turned out to be a fantastic game, and now this. I seriously hope BB gets handled very lovingly, updated, and tight security over hackers. A perfect TFC on a mobile platform, thank you Gameloft.

Amazing!!!!!

5. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    This play beautifully on my iPad 2. Some lag and a glitch here and there, they aren't annoying nor game breaking. Just the best. Currently only level 5 :p

Now we need new maps, vehicles, weapons and classes in some future updates. Hopefully there'll be a team as dedicated to updates as the A:7 team is.

6. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    How does voice chat work? Like if I have my mic off, can I hear anyone else? I haven't heard anyone talk but is it because I have it turned off?

7. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    How much is pay to play? You have to repair weapons and without consumables its been made much more difficult.

Prices go up to $109. Just how much do you have to pay to get by without disadvantages/ paywalls?

What are the booster packs? Starter and Elite? Do you need them? Not much info except they unlock characters but can't you do that n game?

I bought the $2 one just to get VIP points. Anything else that's really worth the money?

Controls are ok except too many buttons on the screen where I shoot. Camera lags a bit.

I love TF2 and this looks good and I'll give it a go but for me customising buttons to free up screen space is essential and
    $$$ I don't want to put more than a few $$$ but is that possible?

8. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    The game started off as me killing with skill, dying to skilled players, and has now changed to, me barely surviving against said OP player who paid all the way and dying 2 secs after. 5 minutes ago I spent most of time killing a potion spammer. I guess if you suck, paying cash is always another alternative :rolleyes: I haven't given up on this game, but I'm a tad bit discouraged.

9. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #209 grits, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
    Uh you can totally customize the UI. Why did you give this one star it sounds like you kind of like it.
    I too am a bit discouraged by the IAP but I'm going to give it a chance

Edit
    Now I can't get into the mp game and the single player game keeps disconnecting me and I lose on my progress.

10. skeblik

skeblik Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Yeah, I played MC4 on my iPod 4 and it did not run well because of the havok engine.

11. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    I think one of my most favourite moments is when you have a 1 v 2 and you win. It feels amazing.

12. skeblik

Jul 3, 2012
    Is it just me or is this game super easy? Either I'm a god, or the other players all suck. I barely ever die and kill ppl all the time. Been playing for less than a day and already lvl 5. Having SO MUCH fun!!

13. skeblik

Jul 3, 2012
    So far the Iap is really unobtrusive and you earn money and unlock new weapons at an even rare, so no problem for me.

14. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    That feeling my friend, is pure skill. But from time to time, there will be that one guy who bought everything, or that great moment when you win a showdown against someone close to or evenly matched as you are.

Anyways, what's your guys skill rating? Mine is 1846.

15. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Note to self: Quit deleting it beacause of memory used.

16. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #216 grits, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
    So after looking at the consumables, this game game is straight pay to win. There's a freaking item that makes you invincible for gods sake. You could just continuously use it and never die LOL
    Why would they ruin an awesome game something ridiculous like that? Ill play just for fun but this game is definitely broken.
    You also have to purchase grenades! Just buy a ton of them and spam.
    Most of the other consumables aren't so bad. A+ 10% here and there and a 5% chance to evade et cetera.

On top of this, diamonds Are pretty much only available for purchase. You get a measly one for leveling up and that's it.

17. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Only for 5 seconds though. Besides, I haven't seen a hacker, just those people with fancy weapons and what not. A potion spammer and stuff. Chances are if people see someone like that they'll probably quit. Besides, it's not like it stacks, there's a partial delay time in between the clicking and such for a sniper to kill him right? Oh and missions are a good way to get some extra cash :D

18. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    On a positive note, I was pretty impressed with how well the sniping works.

19. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    I wish I was a sniper. After I hit lv 25, it's sniper time :3 I played against a sniper, and boy do they hit hard. You don't even know where they are until after you're dead.

20. I somehow spotted one on the Malta Fort map. I suck up behind it and gave him one good headshot with the Health Gun (that gun is amazing). Someone on my team also had the same idea but was too slow so he was shooting at me in rage. Me being a nice guy just shot tons of health at him

Mine is 1859