Universal Blitz Brigade (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Feb 7, 2013.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

The aim assist can be deactivated.

2. DizzyNBG

DizzyNBG Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    I think so, O&C Online Servers are messed up, too. I dunno what these guys are doin the whole day but what i know is that they seriously need more hamsters for keeping the servers up

3. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    #183 AlexsIpad, May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
    The onlines working fine for me now, and I must say, I take back what I said before, this game is actually really fun, if only it wasn't free...

4. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    As much as I've enjoyed playing this game so far , I wish the AI wasn't so DUMB (particularly on the sniper missions)

5. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Hansters cost too much.
    GL boss: MORE SQUIRRELS!

6. Welcome to Touch Arcade, where the majority of people see a great game, see it's developed by Gamelot and then make a giant rant about the game whilst not playing it

I haven't had any online woes since I installed the game, so I don't know what the problem is for everyone else

I mean, I'm in NZ. If I can run online, how can't you?

7. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    AI? What AI? It's basically a bunch of pathfinding hitboxes that deal damage at regular intervals within a programmed proximity, or hitboxes that move into the open and stand still.

8. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Well said mate

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    ^ pretty spot on.
    I have to agree with grace on this one.
    I did play the soft release myself and was very disappointed with it and thought there was a possibly good game underneath but impossible to play without spending huge sums of real money.

After having this version a while now and put in a decent amount of playtime, I have to say it really quite a lot of fun.
    When the servers are working (they all got a full reset and rebalancing today is the reason for the earlier issues), it is super smooth, visually very impressive and a whole lot of not too serious fun.
    I say not too serious fun because of mc4 where winning and k/d ratio matters for some reason I can't explain but here its not so important because its just good shoot em up fun.
    Its also quite handy that its full of noobs at the moment so get your kill on now if stats are important to ya.
    Not sure yet if I'm gonna hit the pay wall and give up but if its some good online multiplayer shooting you're looking for without taking it too seriously, its well worth the fun you'll have.

On another quick note, some one mentioned about hackers taking it over inevitably.
    I'm pretty sure this wont happen as it is online only. When you go online, there is a server check in place that validates you're iap but also checks that the ipa is not modded in any way.
    If it is, you're bounced back out and won't get on. Security is very good on it. Of course the hackers are a pain and probably will eventually find a way but the security checks in MC4 have been extremely good so far and it is a very similar system so I think Gameloft is very serious about keeping them out.
    Hopefully it works because the hackers have ruined quite a few games that I used to enjoy very much before they took it over. MC3, I'm pointing my finger at you.

10. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Played a bunch of matches online before the servers seemed to stop working for me, really nice looking game, plays well even under slight lag (much better then nova online for me)

11. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    This game is so fun. I'm loving it. The only IAP that is probably most useful is the VIP one.

12. shimmy83

shimmy83 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Washington D.C.
    Is it working for anyone in the states? I'm in DC and I can't connect.

13. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Couldn't of said it any better my friend. Well said.

14. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    NJ, never connected. I'm about to download this for my Android phone and see if it works there. Saw reviews on Google Play where some also have problems connecting

15. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    This looks pretty damn good.

16. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    I'd go so far as to say it's one of the best F2P games on iOS. I'm having a lot of fun with it! Also, I'm shocked at how viable the medic is as a class. Super powerful up-close.

17. The shotgun is impressive

Maybe thats because I pressed the wrong button and fully upgraded it

They really need to have a pop-up where you confirm gem purchases

18. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    This game is my new best friend. I'll still be able to play other games of course, but this mainly :p 2.64 K/D XD

19. Dams

Dams Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Crap controls, lag on ipad mini -> deleted

20. batmania15

batmania15 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2013
    I can't even play I get failed to connect searching for games and in the middle of playing training missions. I've contacted gameloft they stated there working on it.